PDA

View Full Version : Glock re assembly question

Drew78
04-15-12, 07:49
so I am not stranger to the Glock platform but found a weird situation yesterday at the range

A fellow shooter was putting his Gen4 G26 back to together after a quick clean and he couldnt get the slide to reengage the frame.

It would slide part way on and then just get hung up on something.

The only way we could get it to go back on was to depress the FP safety and tilt the front of the slide down to get the Striker to appear through the breach face. Once that was done, smooth as butter. Slide slid right onto the frame with no issues at all.

What gives? Why would you need to have the striker in the "Fired" position to re assemble his Glock?

Robb Jensen
04-15-12, 08:43
Some Gen4s are like that. It's the new trigger bar that causes that.

Drew78
04-15-12, 09:01
So I can assume this is one of those gen4 nuiances?

Just deal with it or would a new TB resove it by chance?

jh9
04-15-12, 10:06
My early-production gen 4 17 did this. 2/12 production gen 4 19 doesn't.

As mentioned it's the new trigger bar. Next time try moving the trigger forward (toward the muzzle) just a hair when the slide feels like it's stuck. That should let it go back together normally.

Or:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/535394/glock-trigger-with-trigger-bar-glock-17-22-31-34-35-smooth-trigger

Drew78
04-15-12, 10:08
My early-production gen 4 17 did this. 2/12 production gen 4 19 doesn't.

As mentioned it's the new trigger bar. Next time try moving the trigger forward (toward the muzzle) just a hair when the slide feels like it's stuck. That should let it go back together normally.

Or:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/535394/glock-trigger-with-trigger-bar-glock-17-22-31-34-35-smooth-trigger

Thanks for the tip, I assume that link is a gen3 TB assembly?

Voodoo_Man
04-15-12, 10:09
My g4 g19 was like that until I put about 2k rounds through it. Just have to push the trigger bar forward before you put the slide back on.

jh9
04-15-12, 10:13
Yes.

AFAIK the "gen 4" trigger is actually a "glock 37" trigger.

If you buy a "gen 3" (aka regular "glock 17/22/31 trigger) trigger (no bump) it'll shave about 0.5-1lb off your trigger pull and get rid of the reassembly annoyance.

(At least it did for me. YMMV.)

durus5995
04-16-12, 00:09
I know my Gen 4 19 did this for the first 100 rounds or so. I was told it was the trigger bar getting hung up on the plunger for the striker safety. I do remember that the plunger was pretty stiff when I bought it.

DOA
04-16-12, 01:12
Yes.

AFAIK the "gen 4" trigger is actually a "glock 37" trigger.

If you buy a "gen 3" (aka regular "glock 17/22/31 trigger) trigger (no bump) it'll shave about 0.5-1lb off your trigger pull and get rid of the reassembly annoyance.

(At least it did for me. YMMV.)

I replaced both my "bumped" Gen 4 triggers (g17 and g19) with Gen 3 versions. While I was at it, I also replaced the stock mag releases with the TD/Vickers Gen 4 ones. Made a big difference.

ygbsm
04-16-12, 07:24
If you replace the 4th Gen trigger bar with the 3rd Gen trigger bar and then switch the mag catch to right sided operation you will have problems.

feedramp
04-16-12, 09:24
In my experience, the G26 just takes a little wiggle to get it past that sticking point. A gentle touch is the answer. It's about angles, and is due to the trigger bar as others have noted.

DOA
04-16-12, 09:47
If you replace the 4th Gen trigger bar with the 3rd Gen trigger bar and then switch the mag catch to right sided operation you will have problems.

How so? They work independently from each other.

ygbsm
04-16-12, 15:59
No they don't.

The Gen 4 Trigger bars are readily identified by a little bump on them towards the rear. This is the little raised shark fin looking piece.

This little bump pushes the magazine into the proper orientation for feeding when the magazine catch is installed on the right sight of the pistol.

DOA
04-16-12, 20:23
No they don't.

The Gen 4 Trigger bars are readily identified by a little bump on them towards the rear. This is the little raised shark fin looking piece.

This little bump pushes the magazine into the proper orientation for feeding when the magazine catch is installed on the right sight of the pistol.

The bump serves as centering device for the triggerbar to engage the firingpin safety plunger in it's center. It doesn't touch the rounds at all and the "bump" is on the opposite side of the ammo anyway. I love when people argue with you when they have no clue. :suicide:

Robb Jensen
04-16-12, 20:35
The Gen4s work 100% with Gen3 trigger bars. If using the mag catch left handed you should have the newest follower in the appropriate caliber.

Drew78
04-16-12, 21:10
What is the most current 9mm follower these days?

Still a #6?