PDA

View Full Version : Bought 3rd Gen G19 (...fingers crossed!)

brickboy240
04-16-12, 11:32
Yep...I went looking at the USP Compact again and several other platforms. Remembered what many here (that have tons more experience than me) said about picking a platform and sticking with it. I have shot two 2nd gen Glocks (17 & 22) since the mid 90s...so I guess in the end, I am just used to them.

What I bought was a brand spanking new Gen 3 G19. Born on date of 4-4-12. It has the 336 ejector in place. Came with the newer styled mags with the #6 followers.

Bad thing is...I cannot shoot it until next Saturday, but have 4 50rd boxes of Federal 115gr ball to run through the thing. I also have a few boxes of 124gr Gold Dots to try out.

I hope I did not screw up and buy a problem child. 200rds ought to tell me whether or not Glock got the ejection problem solved. I am going to shoot it and see how it goes before passing judgement.

Worse case...if it smacks me with brass...I'll order an Apex extractor and swap the ejector.

Anyone know if Glock has this problem solved yet?

At the price (469) I could not pass it up and I really need to stick with a platform I am already familiar with and can shoot reasonably well.

...wish me luck! LOL

- brickboy240

Guns-up.50
04-16-12, 17:47
My late gen 3 19 has had no real problems a few forehead dingers and 3 fte's but all in all I love it, I may change the extractor but for now its a shooter..
Good luck bro shoot the dog piss out of it

LRB45
04-16-12, 19:16
I have a Glock 19 Gen 3 that I've had for a year now. It just passed the 1000 round mark. Not a lot of rounds but keep plugging away.

Anyways, mine would eject rounds to the forehead every once in a while and then after about 200 rounds ejects fine. Go figure. Hope yours works. Love my Glock.

mikegli
04-16-12, 20:25
You got a good deal on a great gun.

brickboy240
04-17-12, 10:56
Thanks! I think I got a good deal. When we opened the Glock box, there was actually a third mag! Odd, because this was not a Law Enforcement" deal or package....just got shipped with 3 mags, so I got 3 mags with the G19...a bonus.

I looked at other platforms but man....when you have been shooting Glocks since 1992 and are just flat out used to the platform...it is hard to change. Many people here that are tons more experienced in pistol-shooting than I am also say the same thing: pick a platform and stick with it. I am heeding their advice.

I added a box of 147gr Winchester SXTs that I found in my closet to my other stack of ammo to be run through this G19 on Saturday. So now, I will be running 4 50rd boxes of Federal fmjs, two boxes of 124gr Gold Dots and the 1 box of 147gr SXTs through this gun all at one time. This ought to give me a good idea whether or not I am going to be hit by brass or not! LOL

If I do end up with funky ejection...I will just swap the 336 ejector and get one of Apex's extractors, but I am hoping it runs 100% and there is no need to go tearing out parts on a new gun, without running some rounds through the thing.

I will say it feels good to have another Glock in the herd. This is my third Glock.

I will post my results after this weekend.

- brickboy240

BCmJUnKie
04-17-12, 11:20
Not to Hi jack...but I bought a Gen 4 for my girl a couple weeks ago.

Im in the same boat.

About 400 rounds through it so far. No problems

DAVID RICHARDS
04-17-12, 12:34
Any word on when th APEX parts might be released? Last I read it talk was late summer? Hope your gun is a keeper. My two late model GN3 G19's had trouble right out of the box. Hope you do better. Finally gave up on late model Glocks and traded it on an M&P compact. May look for a GEN2 or early GEN3 model. Like the G19. Too many problems with the new ones.

5pins
04-17-12, 18:37
I bought my gen 3 G19 last month and so far I have shot about 400 rounds through it. So far the only ammo it has thrown back at me is the Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ. The Federal 115, 147, and 115gr +P+ ejected like it’s supposed to. At my last range session on Sunday the Winchester stopped hitting me so I’m hopeful the problem went away.

brickboy240
04-18-12, 10:55
I am hoping that mine runs good. If not....I don't feel like spending 50-100 bucks here and there....plucking out parts and trying new ones in hope of fixing the problem.

CDNN had their M&P full size 9mms at a very good price right now. If my G19 is a turd....I am going to be forced to the other platform or keep looking for a Gen 2 G19.

Again...fingers crossed that it runs well.

Did ANYONE get a newer 3 or 4 gen G19 that ejected perfectly?

- brickboy240

5pins
04-18-12, 11:38
I am hoping that mine runs good. If not....I don't feel like spending 50-100 bucks here and there....plucking out parts and trying new ones in hope of fixing the problem.

CDNN had their M&P full size 9mms at a very good price right now. If my G19 is a turd....I am going to be forced to the other platform or keep looking for a Gen 2 G19.

Again...fingers crossed that it runs well.

Did ANYONE get a newer 3 or 4 gen G19 that ejected perfectly?

- brickboy240

The M&P’s have their own set of issues and a lot of people are buying aftermarket parts for them. I guess it’s a crap shoot.

jstyer
04-18-12, 13:22
My Gen4 19 test fire date 3-11-12 has not thrown a single round in my face, head, or tops of my arms in 1200 rounds. I'm hoping it keeps it up.

kenshomi
04-19-12, 20:19
My 2cents - you'll enjoy thousands of rounds without a issue. #rd gen 19 run and run.