PDA

View Full Version : IT Jobs Iraq/Afghan

Voodoochild
01-05-08, 16:44
Let me explain myself I currently work as a DoD Contractor doing IT work on the God awful NMCI network. I bust my ass everyday aking sure the Marines I support are GTG. Even if it means bending the rules because they don't have time to wait on dumb shit.

I enjoy supporting the Marines and they in turn hook me up but honestly the pay is BS and I am growing weary of the job. I would like to get a good IT job over in Iraq or Afghan earn some good money and see other things. Anyway just a thought..

Voodoochild
01-06-08, 12:06
Bump.

Bolt_Overide
01-06-08, 15:51
I used to work for EDS too, they are the shittiest company Ive ever drawn a paycheck from...

Iraq Ninja
01-06-08, 16:20
Have you tried SOC-SMG or Triple Canopy?

Voodoochild
01-06-08, 16:43
I don't think they have many IT jobs IIRC they are mainly PSD firms.

R1pper
01-06-08, 16:55
[QUOTE=Iraq Ninja;112164]Have you tried SOC-SMG QUOTE]

I have neard some pretty bad things about SOC from an aquaintance that worked for them.

1SFG
01-06-08, 17:25
check the pmc section over on lightfighter. believe someone recently posted some job ops that sound right up your alley. where are you located? do you currently have a TS clearance?

C4IGrant
01-06-08, 17:35
Let me explain myself I currently work as a DoD Contractor doing IT work on the God awful NMCI network. I bust my ass everyday aking sure the Marines I support are GTG. Even if it means bending the rules because they don't have time to wait on dumb shit.

I enjoy supporting the Marines and they in turn hook me up but honestly the pay is BS and I am growing weary of the job. I would like to get a good IT job over in Iraq or Afghan earn some good money and see other things. Anyway just a thought..

NMCI!!! AHHHHHH run and hide! :D I used to work for SPAWAR and the pay pretty much sucked (50-60K). My suggestion to you is to get over to the USAF side if you can. Much better contracts and pay.

If your looking to go over the sandbox, give me a call and I can put you in touch with some of my old co-workers.

C4

Voodoochild
01-06-08, 18:25
Yeah NMCI is a ****ing disease man that needs to be destroyed. I call it SKY NET because it has that same distinct theme like T3. Grant I might have to take you up on that offer. Just seems to me that the only way to make decent scratch is going overseas.

Iraq Ninja
01-06-08, 23:16
I don't think they have many IT jobs IIRC they are mainly PSD firms.

EVERYONE has IT people working in their company. It may only be a few folks, but it sounds like you have the experience they need. I have a good friend who does the IT for soc-smg. Turnover is a bit higher than normal I think.

I do PSD for a Army Corps of Engineers. Send me your CV and I will float it around.

Buck
01-07-08, 00:28
You might want to give this a try:

Good company with an established track record...

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=101&dockey=xml/4/4/44f95974e2add3edd675632cab73ed44@endecaindex&c=1&source=20

Just my .02

Buck