PDA

View Full Version : Apex Level 4 Installation/Suitability

jmoney
04-18-12, 20:18
I have been shooting a bone stock M&P for awhile now, and have decided that it will be replacing the g19 as my primary weapon for CC, and competition. Since I didn't want to tinker with mine yet, I ordered a second one (VTAC so I can play around with those sights and see if I like them).

1. Is the level 4 package (with 4-4.5) trigger pull suitable for Concealed Carry? I never played with the trigger on a carry weapon just for piece of mind, but I really want to try the apex kit out.
2. If not, would there be any added benefit to having apex install the basic DCAEK kit? If anyone has feedback I would appreciate it.

This VTAC is going to be my test gun for trigger, and barrel whenever they finally release the fitted options.

G34Shooter
04-18-12, 20:56
I have been shooting a bone stock M&P for awhile now, and have decided that it will be replacing the g19 as my primary weapon for CC, and competition. Since I didn't want to tinker with mine yet, I ordered a second one (VTAC so I can play around with those sights and see if I like them).

1. Is the level 4 package (with 4-4.5) trigger pull suitable for Concealed Carry? I never played with the trigger on a carry weapon just for piece of mind, but I really want to try the apex kit out.
2. If not, would there be any added benefit to having apex install the basic DCAEK kit? If anyone has feedback I would appreciate it.

This VTAC is going to be my test gun for trigger, and barrel whenever they finally release the fitted options.

I've carried the level 2 everyday for about a year and a half and have the new AEK aluminum triggers added this week. I prefer my carry guns to be around 5 pounds, but these triggers are fantastic. Best polymer gun triggers IMO.

jmoney
04-19-12, 07:16
I have shot the duty and like it as well, I just prefer a little lighter, which is why I am checking on the level 4 install they offer.

Did you install the kit yourself or have apex do the installation?

G34Shooter
04-19-12, 07:37
The 'stages' are installed at Apex like what I did, but it's up to you if you want to buy a kit and install it yourself. I'm glad I sent mine in since Randy corrected an out of spec factory part.

jmoney
04-19-12, 09:29
thats the feedback I was looking for, I didn't know if it was worth it to ship everything out for a trigger install.

also has anybody carried with the 4lbs pull weight?