PDA

View Full Version : FYI - D&D Lite Rail owners

jpmuscle
04-19-12, 15:00
I ordered a few spare lite rail barrel nuts and bolt up plates to have today and per D&D they will be releasing a new beefier armorer wrench to replace that chincy one that is available currently. Price point is expected to be 30$ or less and will be available in 2-3 weeks once the shipment arrives.

Figured I'd pass along the info as it was new to me.

buckjay
04-19-12, 15:07
Good to know. The current LITE/RIS II wrench is a joke. Half the time I have to modify it to fit the barrel nut without stripping it.

tx1021
04-19-12, 15:13
I ordered a few spare lite rail barrel nuts and bolt up plates to have today and per D&D they will be releasing a new beefier armorer wrench to replace that chincy one that is available currently. Price point is expected to be 30$ or less and will be available in 2-3 weeks once the shipment arrives.

Thanks for the info, the current wrench definitely is a joke.

Where did you get the spare barrel nuts and bolt up plates?

jpmuscle
04-19-12, 15:16
Good to know. The current LITE/RIS II wrench is a joke. Half the time I have to modify it to fit the barrel nut without stripping it.

The presently designed barrel nut doesn't help matters any. It can certainly be improved. In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing a closed ended wrench even at the expense of having to remove the muzzle device and gas block so long as it worked.

I've been meaning to sit down with CAD and have something punched out locally but hopefully the new wrench will save my the effort.

Tx,

I ordered from DD direct after my search elsewhere failed. Expensive tho. 20$ each and im sure if it comes with the machine screws. I forgot ask.

Sanpete
04-22-12, 14:41

Are we talking about the previous version barrel nut that looked similar to a modern castle nut, or their 'newer' version that looks like the older castle nuts? I have the castle-nut-like wrench and it's always worked fine for me, but I haven't encountered a new barrel nut or a need for its wrench.

Are they releasing a "3rd gen" design?

Gargoyle
04-22-12, 15:20
Years ago they had a wrench that looked similar to a stock wrench. I bought a new 14.0 rail and it came with a piece of shit square shiney wrench. That thing slipped around, so I used the old one and all was good.

I've got a few DD rails and my only gripe is that with a $300 + rails they don't include a damned decent wrench.

jpmuscle
04-22-12, 15:31
Are we talking about the previous version barrel nut that looked similar to a modern castle nut, or their 'newer' version that looks like the older castle nuts? I have the castle-nut-like wrench and it's always worked fine for me, but I haven't encountered a new barrel nut or a need for its wrench.

Are they releasing a "3rd gen" design?

That, im not sure on. Gotta pic?

Sanpete
04-23-12, 02:42
That, im not sure on. Gotta pic?

No. They changed the barrel nut within the last year or two. Supposedly.

jpmuscle
04-23-12, 07:31
Hmm, that I was not aware of. My rail system I know is older than that so I'll compare the new components when they arrive and post a pic

eternal24k
04-23-12, 08:04
Sounds good to me, and I am glad they don't charge $100-300 for the damned thing

jpmuscle
04-23-12, 15:41
Sounds good to me, and I am glad they don't charge $100-300 for the damned thing

Hallelujah for that.