PDA

View Full Version : RRA FSB PIN HELP

DocMinster
01-05-08, 20:11
Hello
Is there a trick on getting these FSB pins out of a RRA???

TIA
DOC

Robb Jensen
01-05-08, 20:12
Just a small punch and a hammer. I use a gunsmith brass hammer.

DocMinster
01-05-08, 20:14
Left to Right or Right to left??
Are the RRA tapered

Robb Jensen
01-05-08, 20:17
Left to Right or Right to left??
Are the RRA tapered

RRA use straight pins, they go either way.

scottryan
01-05-08, 22:10
Depending on what you are doing it might be better just to replace your entire barrel.

Robb Jensen
01-05-08, 22:15
Depending on what you are doing it might be better just to replace your entire barrel.

Depends on your level of skill/shooting. I use a RRA 1x9 twist bbl on my 3gun rifle and it's working just fine (other than not liking HK mags). It's a 16" midlength that I had Randall profile to .650" under the handguards and then I Norrelled it desert tan. It's shooting just under 1" at 100yds with 68gr Black Hills blue box. So YMMV. ;)

scottryan
01-05-08, 22:30
Depends on your level of skill/shooting. I use a RRA 1x9 twist bbl on my 3gun rifle and it's working just fine (other than not liking HK mags). It's a 16" midlength that I had Randall profile to .650" under the handguards and then I Norrelled it desert tan. It's shooting just under 1" at 100yds with 68gr Black Hills blue box. So YMMV. ;)

That is true but wasn't what I was getting at.

It is too easy to mangle the FSB. Sometimes its better to sell of the old barrel and get a new one. All parts stay factory original and you save money in the long run.

Robb Jensen
01-05-08, 22:36
That is true but wasn't what I was getting at.

It is too easy to mangle the FSB.

Gotcha. The only ones I don't dick with are FSBs on S&W or Stag rifles. The pins come in from the wrong side and are a bitch to remove. I send them to Randall, he's got the Mother-Of-All-Taper-Pin-Pushers which sometimes breaks taper pins but you know what?...They're cheap.

DocMinster
01-08-08, 18:42

Whoa..:D I have a Wilson Med Weight Chrome Lined ..and I am shooting 3/4 MOA @ 100Yds..I think I will keep it.... so I just tuffed it out and knocked out those pesky pins.;)

anyway here is what I was up to...
I was installing a Daniel Defense 9.5 FSP Free Float Rail

Thanks again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/DocMinster/M4Full2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/DocMinster/M4Full1.jpg

RD62
01-08-08, 20:52
Glad you got them, the rifle looks great.

THe pins on my RRA needed a little healthy encouragement before they'd come out too.

Good job!

-RD62