PDA

View Full Version : Tara TM9 polymer framed handgun

glen
04-20-12, 23:24
It seems to have an interesting feature set, what do you guys think?

http://http://www.tara-perfection.com/tm-9/

AKDoug
04-20-12, 23:36
Bad link.. here's a good one http://www.tara-perfection.com/tm-9/

Interesting. Going to have to do more looking at it.

F-Trooper05
04-20-12, 23:40
Is that the new Russian gun? I think someone posted a video of it a few months back.

AKDoug
04-20-12, 23:47
Situated in Montenegro, right next to Croatia. Definitely interesting since they have a smaller population than Alaska. The design looks good on their website, but without a strong importer support (like Springfield does for the XD's) I can't say I'm interested at this point.

E-man930
04-21-12, 08:24
Hey it's like they took a gen IV Glock and actually made it an improvement over the previous model. It looks good on paper so far to me.

ruchik
04-21-12, 09:28
Combined with it's trigger system, it looks a lot like something Glock and Walther would come up with if the worked together. I dig it.

buckshot1220
04-21-12, 16:25
Me likey.

Looking forward to hearing more.

ralph
04-21-12, 21:36
This pistol looks well thought out.. (At least on their website)I'd like to see one close up....

CenterTree
04-22-12, 20:44
Combined with it's trigger system, it looks a lot like something Glock and Walther would come up with if the worked together. I dig it.

I thought the same thing as I read their web-site. The TM9 looks interesting to me. Hope to learn more on this gun.:smile:

Moltke
08-22-13, 16:06
I would like to try this gun.

RogerinTPA
08-22-13, 16:30
It looks like an M&P/CZ or HK/CZ hybrid to me. Looks good. Now all they have to do is send a few here for a 20K endurance run.

jaxman7
08-22-13, 19:10
Aside from the second trigger pull capability that actually looks interesting. The short reset travel sounds quite good.

-Jax

Kain
08-22-13, 19:52
As has already been stated looks like they took a Glock and Walther and combined them. That said, first polymer handgun I have seen in a while that I went, I'd buy one. So that's something. Would like to see how they turn out, might become a player Will wait and see and best of luck to the company.

ag08
08-23-13, 05:53
Intersting pistol that seems to bring together all the good and exclude most of the bad from other modern pistols. Would be willing to give one a try if the are ever imported.

Wonder what they mean by "standard" dovetail sights. It seems each platform has their own idea on what a dovetail is.

TiroFijo
08-23-13, 08:09
Looks like a very nice G17 clone. I wonder how the trigger feels, that is going to be the big issue.

I see that the metal magazine has ribs that make it thicker, probably thinking of a 40 version in the future. That makes the grip unnecesarily thick for a 9 mm. Not that a 9 mm glock grip is too thick, but in order to remain manageable it has a square section.

newyork
08-23-13, 09:44
I don't see a price. Am I blind?

CleverNickname
08-23-13, 09:58
I don't see a price. Am I blind?

I didn't see a US distributor listed anywhere. I doubt they're going to list prices if they can't sell them.

rauchman
08-23-13, 12:36
Waiting for G19 comparable offering.

Gary1911A1
08-24-13, 04:34
I see they at least know to put steel sights on their pistol.

Miami_JBT
08-24-13, 08:36
Very interesting desigb. Doesn't look like a failure but just wait until GLOCK sues them because it resembles their pistol. Hell, even their marketing screams GLOCK.

TARA Perfection
GLOCK Perfection

Tara even makes the name "TARA" in uppercase letters like GLOCK does.

http://www.tara-perfection.com/images/tm9/7.jpg

http://ad-discountperformance.com/images/glock.JPG

HES
08-24-13, 09:39
I see they at least know to put steel sights on their pistol.
Wait till they try to import it. They'll most likely have to be plastic.

Oh and no AMBI controls. In this day and age that is a huge fail to me.

Miami_JBT
08-24-13, 11:53

I'm not a lefty so ambi controls aren't that important to me but I do like them on my guns. So it it not a deal breaker for me.

Big A
08-24-13, 14:35
Very interesting desigb. Doesn't look like a failure but just wait until GLOCK sues them because it resembles their pistol. Hell, even their marketing screams GLOCK.

TARA Perfection
GLOCK Perfection

Tara even makes the name "TARA" in uppercase letters like GLOCK does.

http://www.tara-perfection.com/images/tm9/7.jpg

http://ad-discountperformance.com/images/glock.JPG

I think they'll be hearing from Magpul's lawyers as well. The stock on their TM4 is a rip off of the MOE...

Big A
08-24-13, 14:36

It does have an ambi mag release but no ambi slide release.

BUBBAGUNS
08-24-13, 14:49
Did anybody notice the gas piston AR clone on their website?

Big A
08-24-13, 14:59
Did anybody notice the gas piston AR clone on their website?

Yes. Plastic lower receiver =:nono:

Miami_JBT
08-24-13, 16:52

So it is still a GLOCK Gen 4 clone.

KrampusArms
08-24-13, 21:31

Plastic with steel inserts. They also state its a TM-4 "Assault Rifle".

From site on Lower Receiver:

High strength full polymer lower receiver with steel inlay and reinforced design which is superior in:

Total corrosion resistance
Better ergonomics and handling in extreme climate conditions
Enlarged design of trigger guard for comfortable handling with gloves
Integrated Pistol Grip with storage compartment for cleaning kit or spare batteries

Miami_JBT
08-24-13, 22:07

My SBR PS90 is a polymer receiver and the same for my AUG. The SCAR is also the same as is the ACR to my information. Polymer receivers can be done right.

Gary1911A1
08-25-13, 07:23

You might be right and they'll be cheap adjustable plastic to get ATF points so it can be imported.

Big A
08-25-13, 11:42
My SBR PS90 is a polymer receiver and the same for my AUG. The SCAR is also the same as is the ACR to my information. Polymer receivers can be done right.

That's like comparing a race car drivers helmet to a football players helmet.

I'd take a Styer AUG and FNH SCAR over a plastic AR clone from Montenegro. It may be a great rifle but I'll go with a known brand that has established a customer base already.

I do like the layout and style of the pistol and would be interested to try one out if it came to the U.S. but I doubt it would be something I would switch to over the Glocks I already own or other platforms that are already available like the M&P or HK's ,etc. Hell, I liked the Caracal F I tried out but not sure if I'd buy one.

HES
08-25-13, 17:15

And in this day and age why do that? That is unless you are blatantly ripping off a certain European gun maker.

Grand58742
08-25-13, 17:50
I might be willing to give one a try is the price was right. I've never boon too fond of the Glock grips, but this one appears it might be worth a try.

Figure some importer will pick them up eventually.

Miami_JBT
08-25-13, 21:00
I'm always up for trying new products. If we didn't then there would never be innovating new products and ideas. When GLOCK came out everyone laughed at them. So I'm going to keep track of it and see if it does well.