PDA

View Full Version : More Bank of America suckage.

kwelz
04-20-12, 23:54
From the bank that brought you the Housing Crisis and charging customers to use their own money we now have canceling accounts because they are firearms related.

https://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group
International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12
years. Today Mr. XX YY, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business
Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the
meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines
of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how
McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms
manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time
so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that
because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my
business."
"That is correct" he says.
I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We
can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our
business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that
BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
"You have to do what you must" he said.
"So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that
right?"
Mr YY confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was
over and there was nothing left for him to say.
I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd
amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not
support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I
don't agree with a business' political position I cannot in good conscience
support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit
cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision

feedramp
04-21-12, 00:18
wow wtf

Kokopelli
04-21-12, 00:39
Everyone should have ditched BOA two or three years ago.. JMO.. Ron

VooDoo6Actual
04-21-12, 07:03
FUBAR

Boo Koo Dinky Dau

the only other comment I'll make is that American people had better get "switched on quick" to the agenda & figure out this corporate COUP of freedom, choices & how this "Banking Cartel" functions or we are in for one continuing labyrinth of tyranny....

yea, I'm sure.

VooDoo6Actual
04-21-12, 07:04
delete dbl tap

VooDoo6Actual
04-21-12, 07:04
delete trpl tap

WillBrink
04-21-12, 09:08
I drop BOA a while ago as I found them to he a sh%$ bank. I hope this gets around and gun owners and gun companies etc take their $$$ somewhere else. I know one of the McMillan's and you will not find a more stand up person dedicated to getting products to the good guys.

April 21, 2012
Bank of America to gun company: Find another bank

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/#ixzz1sgSDAv00

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.

Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

But at the bank’s request, he said, the McMillan group of companies would soon be paying off its credit line and closing its accounts.

Writing Thursday on Facebook, McMillan described a meeting at his office with Ray Fox, a business banking Senior Vice President with the giant bank. What was originally scheduled as an “account analysis” meeting, however, quickly became a political smackdown.

The Bank of America emissary, he said, “spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.”

“At this point I interrupted him,” McMillan said, and asked, ‘Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.’”

Fox’s reply, according to McMillan? “That is correct.”

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-21-12, 09:25
Wow I hope this gets around to every gun owner who banks with them.

WillBrink
04-21-12, 09:37
Wow I hope this gets around to every gun owner who banks with them.

Agreed!!!

davidjinks
04-21-12, 09:38
As always, you are spot on!

For anyone interested in learning how the banking crap works..

The Creature From Jekly Island

That book will spell it all out for you.

FUBAR

Boo Koo Dinky Dau

the only other comment I'll make is that American people had better get "switched on quick" to the agenda & figure out this corporate COUP of freedom, choices & how this "Banking Cartel" functions or we are in for one continuing labyrinth of tyranny....

yea, I'm sure.

obucina
04-21-12, 09:41
As always, you are spot on!

For anyone interested in learning how the banking crap works..

The Creature From Jekly Island

That book will spell it all out for you.

Dr Paul's "End the Fed" is another good one....and pretty east read at that.

davidjinks
04-21-12, 09:42
I agree with you guys that everyone should have dropped BofA years ago...

However, even if every gunowner who had an account with them dropped BOA, they'd laugh and go to the FED just to get the money anyway...

Personally that bank should have been dissolved and burnt to the ground when the markets took a dump.

Mauser KAR98K
04-21-12, 11:33
That's Bank of Amigo for you.

feedramp
04-21-12, 11:58

kwelz
04-21-12, 14:29
I am curious as to Evil Bert's response to this. He has always defended BofA since he does work there.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92764

Another thing of interest. I saw on Facebook today that a lot of my friends are having real trouble with BofA.

As I have posted before we had a major tragedy in my area. Tornadoes wiped out the town and while many of us avoided losing our houses. Well Bank of America is refusing to sign off on the insurance checks from the local people. No reason is being given but checks are being refused and sent back unsigned. So far I know of 8 cases of it happening.

These people can't even get repairs started because of this and every time it rains the damage gets worse.

crusader377
04-21-12, 20:25
I will never do business at Bank of America. It is the ultimate example of a welfare corporation. They are incompetent and required billions of taxpayer hand outs and they are still as arrogent as ever.

Packman73
04-21-12, 21:04
BofA ended up with our mortgage for a while. Thankfully we just refinanced and it's going to be out of their hands now. I stopped banking with them personally years ago.

Sensei
04-21-12, 21:16
My wife works there. We are required to have an open account for her pay, but our savings and investments are with other institutions. As an employer, we have no complaints.

Abraxas
04-21-12, 21:50
I left BOA in 99 and have never looked back. But with so much of what is happening today I fear we are already lost as a nation. It will be interesting to see what we will become.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-21-12, 22:14
Imagine if they went and did this to a,

birth control pill producer,
any of the 'gangsta' style fashion houses or recording labels,
a NOW chapter (as if they have a bank account...).

Weren't they giving home loans and accounts to illegal aliens?

chadbag
04-22-12, 03:26
As I have posted before we had a major tragedy in my area. Tornadoes wiped out the town and while many of us avoided losing our houses. Well Bank of America is refusing to sign off on the insurance checks from the local people. No reason is being given but checks are being refused and sent back unsigned. So far I know of 8 cases of it happening.

I am a bit confused. What do you mean "sign off on the insurance checks"? Doesn't the insurance company issue the check? Why does BofA have to sign off on anything?

If the people have accounts at BofA and they won't accept the check, then just go to your local bank or credit union and open a new account and deposit it in there.

(I personally ditched all banks personally in 1983 and ditched my business bank in 1999. All my accounts are at credit unions that were local to me when I lived in the area the accounts were opened up at. With "Credit Union Service Centers" at many CU branches [for whatever CU -- does not matter] I can continue to easily use those accounts even if I live across country now. I had a BofA Visa card but got rid of it long ago. They are the biggest turds I know. And that includes in comparison to Citi)

--

montanadave
04-22-12, 06:02
I had an airline specific credit card account through Bank of America for several years put ditched it when that carrier cancelled service to our local airport. It became such a hassle to use our miles that the juice just wasn't worth the squeeze. That said, I never had any issues with BAC.

All of our checking and savings accounts are through a regional bank or local credit union.

As for the decision to dump a firearms-related company, I can only imagine some suit in BAC's legal department thought it would be a good idea to limit their potential liability or some management mucky-muck is trying to push a personal agenda. Regardless, if the story gains some steam and starts generating negative press in the media and blogosphere, I'm guessing BAC will start walking this back pretty quickly. As reviled as these big banks are by most of the general public, they can't afford to start alienating every gun owner in the land.

austinN4
04-22-12, 06:22
I am a bit confused. What do you mean "sign off on the insurance checks"? Doesn't the insurance company issue the check? Why does BofA have to sign off on anything?
Typically on a homeowners insurance claim, the insurance company will make the check payable to both the homeowner and the mortgage holder. I took the post to mean that BOA was the mortgage holder and would not endorse the checks for some reason, which wasn't fully explained.

Hmac
04-22-12, 07:51
I don't bank with BoA, but I have to use them frequently for overseas money transfers....cheapest game in town by a wide margin.

Artos
04-22-12, 08:41
Gotta love that snopes has this as undetermined, also claiming that boa has a banking relationship with Freedom Group.

sigh...

kwelz
04-22-12, 10:13

Austin pretty much answered this already. The checks you get from insurance are made out to the owners of the house and the holder of the mortgage. I should have been so clear but I have been dealing with it so much for the past 6 weeks that it is just second nature to me. Sorry.

Suwannee Tim
04-22-12, 21:08
Back before the days of "too big to fail", in the days of Florida National Bank, NA and Barnett Bank NA, I asked myself "why do the banks mistreat their customers?" The answer, I concluded was "because they can." Now that they are all "too big to fail" I can only imagine they are a lot worse. A pox on 'em. I haven't stepped foot in a bank in decades. Don't plan to ever step foot in a bank again. They can kiss my rectum.

austinN4
04-23-12, 08:24
I haven't stepped foot in a bank in decades. Don't plan to ever step foot in a bank again. They can kiss my rectum.
You are lumping all banks together. There are 7,312 FDIC-insured banks in the US. The vast majority are small local businesses that take pride in customer service and knowing their customers. Don't paint with such a broad brush.

glocktogo
04-23-12, 15:23
The letter needs to go to the BOA shareholders. I'd be pretty pissed if my ROI was taking a backseat to political squeamishness! :mad:

Suwannee Tim
04-23-12, 19:51
.....The vast majority are small local businesses that take pride in customer service and knowing their customers. Don't paint with such a broad brush.

Maybe in Texas they are, not here. 25 years ago in Florida all (virtually all) the small banks were gone, gone, swallowed up by the big boys, Florida National, Barnett, et al. I have been treated like shit by banks more times than I care to remember. I am slow to anger but once angry, slow to forgive. I have been treated with contempt, treated like shit enough times in banks that I will NEVER forgive them. How many times does one need to be treated with contempt, treated like shit to conclude that the other party has no respect nor affection for one? **** 'em. **** the horse they rode in on. Maybe I'll get inspired to tell the full story about how Barnett Bank stole $2500 from my buddy at a time when $2500 was real money. About five weeks pay. They came up short $2500 and just took the money from his account. Just took it and dared him to do anything about it. Long story short eight months and many lies later I accompanied my buddy and a State of Florida bank regulator to see the President of BBFL. The bank regulator opened his brief case and pulled a stout lock and chain which he tossed on Mr. President's desk with a promise to lock his front door in five minutes if a check was not produced. That arrogant, smirking bastard threw the check on the floor rather than hand it to my buddy. Greedy, lying, thieving, arrogant sons of bitches. I am sure there are exceptions. Same as lawyers. Matter of fact, I have more respect for lawyers because I have met a good, honest lawyer. One good, honest lawyer out of the forty or so I have had the misfortune of meeting. I have never met a banker I had any respect for. I guess I'm just lucky in that I have met fewer bankers than lawyers. Again, I am sure there are exceptions. Maybe it's a Texas thing. If so I was born in the wrong place.

chadbag
04-23-12, 22:08
Austin pretty much answered this already. The checks you get from insurance are made out to the owners of the house and the holder of the mortgage. I should have been so clear but I have been dealing with it so much for the past 6 weeks that it is just second nature to me. Sorry.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

I would just video tape and take pictures of all the damage and also get the original adjusters report and then take BoA to small claims for any additional damage done due to their unwillingness to sign.

And get a lawyer to send a letter to them outlining this.

Like I said, I moved to credit unions long long ago. I won't deal with a bank by choice again. In many areas, there are no longer local banks. They either got bought up by a regional bank or a national big bank (or the regional that bought them got bought). Credit Unions are usually locally or regionally based.

-

austinN4
04-23-12, 22:30
Maybe in Texas they are, not here.
There are 221 FDIC-insured banks headquartered in Florida, the vast majority of which are under $500 million in total assets, which is small.

Florida National, Barnett, et al, were big banks that were swallowed up by even bigger banks. We can probably all agree that the big banks suck.

Get your big bank blinders off and seek out a small community bank, preferably one that is locally-owned. There is a difference. It is not just a Texas thing.

chadbag
04-23-12, 22:33
Get your big bank blinders off and seek out a small community bank, preferably one that is locally-owned. There is a difference. It is not just a Texas thing.

Why? What does a community owned bank offer over a credit union?

-

austinN4
04-23-12, 22:38
In many areas, there are no longer local banks. They either got bought up by a regional bank or a national big bank (or the regional that bought them got bought). Credit Unions are usually locally or regionally based.
Utah has fewer bank charters headquartered in state than most states, but there are still small community bank options.

There are only 56 FDIC-insured bank charters now in Utah, but most of them are small banks under $500 million in total assets.

What city are you in?

austinN4
04-23-12, 22:47
Why? What does a community owned bank offer over a credit union?
Several things. For one they have shareholders, usually business people in the community where the bank is is headquartered that care about the community. They have skin in the game. Credit unions do not have shareholders.

Secondly they pay federal income taxes, which credit unions don't. And I don't really see credit unions passing that savings on to their customers, certainly not most of it.

And community banks are usually better equiped to make commercial loans while most credit unions are not.

But these are all generalizations and to truely see the real differences between A and B, one must compare real institutions.

chadbag
04-23-12, 23:40
Several things. For one they have shareholders, usually business people in the community where the bank is is headquartered that care about the community. They have skin in the game. Credit unions do not have shareholders.

Most business people running banks today, both large and small, are like other business people. They are blinded by "maximizing share holder value"

Credit unions most certainly do have shareholders in a generic sense. Each account holder is a shareholder, and can directly vote on the board and has much more influence on the leadership of the CU than they do in a bank.

An account holder at a CU has direct "skin in the game".

Secondly they pay federal income taxes, which credit unions don't. And I don't really see credit unions passing that savings on to their customers, certainly not most of it.

The reason they don't pay Federal income taxes is that they are non profits. There is nothing to tax. They are required to keep certain surpluses and reserves. The rest they use to making the lives of their members easier.

They DO pass on the savings. My CU always have much better loan rates than any of the banks, including local banks have, and their fees are much less egregious (though they are starting to get more of a "bank" mentality and there are better and worse CU). And many many CU are members of the Co-Op network which allows me to use my ATM card at many if not most CUs nation wide without fees. And many many CUs are members of the "CU Service Center" (CUSC) organization, which basically means I can walk into ANY CU anywhere in the country, where that CU is a CUSC participant, and it acts like a local branch of my own CU. I use this feature several times a week. I have a CU in Massachusetts I have been part of for 29 years, and I can easily do business with that through any of the CUSC members CU in my areas, and seeing as their are a zillion CUs in Utah, that means I often have a choice of 2 or more CU to walk into in any given square mile of suburbia... (And they tend to be open later in the day and to at least have drive through on Saturday, if not walk in on Saturday, which none of the banks I have looked at here in Utah have).

I also have a personal and a business account at a local Utah CU (federally chartered). But the closest real branch for it is in the next city over, about 12 miles away as the car drives. So I rarely drive over there, and instead use one of the CUs who are closer and in the CUSC organization.

One of my CUs charges NO FEES for having a BUSINESS checking account. The other has a small piddly fee that I get hit with every so many months ($5). When I had a business checking account at a locally chartered Utah bank back in the 90s, they charged me $5 a month plus a per check fee (but they gave me credit for a few checks per month out of the $5). Then they wanted to up the monthly fee, give little or no credit towards per check fees, and up the per check fee. I promptly closed the accounts I had there, moved them to the CU I was using for my personal accounts, and did not look back. That CU charged me no monthly fees whatsoever on my business accounts. (Needless to say, they never charged me a monthly fee for any personal accounts).

I just checked out the car loans at Zions Bank. A local Utah bank (one of the larger ones). Their rate is 3.49% at its lowest (3.62% APR) with a host of "restrictions" like auto-pay, Gold checking account, etc. specifically: "*APR based on credit history, length and amount of loan, and auto-pay discount from a Zions Gold Account. Credit approval required. Lowest rate and APR available to the most qualified borrowers with a minimum amount of $20,000. Fees associated with loan origination. Other rates and plans are available. Other restrictions apply; see branch for details."

Interestingly, I found a list of 30 or so Utah banks. I went to the websites for 6 of them that show branches in my general area (Ogden to Payson) and that were local, not part of a big bank. Besides Zions, none of them showed their current car loan rates on their websites. That is telling, in my book.

I looked at the rate at DFCU, which is the one where we have our accounts (a business and a personal). The lowest rate they show is 2.59% for 48 months. We refinanced our truck with them back in december when they were showing 2.99% for 48 months. We did it for 12 months and got 2.59% [remember they were showing 2.99% at the time as their lowest for 4 year loans], without having to have $20,000 in assets with them or a minimum $20000 loan value [that is unclear to me in the Zions small print], or auto pay enabled, or any origination fee, or anything else listed with them. And we were refinancing it when the original loan was WITH THEM and they happily did it.

I pay a lot fewer fees and get better loan rates at a CU. Have been for almost 30 years. For a while, one of the CUs even PAID ME a yearly dividend... That eventually ended but their rates got even lower after that for a long while.

And community banks are usually better equiped to make commercial loans while most credit unions are not.

Most of the CUs I have been involved with had no problem making business loans to local small businesses. I never tried to get one but never tried with a bank either. But they all offered them.

But these are all generalizations and to truely see the real differences between A and B, one must compare real institutions.

Yes, you would have to compare actual institutions for details. But I have never found a better deal in a bank, large or small, compared to credit union. Lower fees. Usually fewer fees. Lower loan rates. Nationwide "local" branch access through CUSC (through many but not all CUs). Nationwide ATM network through the Co-Op network at many CUs (most I have seen).

Why would I even care about considering a local bank again? Or any bank?

If I was a huge many multi million dollar company I may have to deal with a bank. But as an individual, and as a small businessman, there is no need.

Most banks today are all about THEM, not the customer. Maximizing share holder value, not account holder value. It does not matter if the bank is local or a big national bank. It may be easier to get into the local bank's executive suite if you have a problem, but I doubt it helps in the cases where you really need it to matter.

-

warpigM-4
04-24-12, 00:48
I just found out about this today and it just blows My mind .I am glad I have not had a account with them

Suwannee Tim
04-24-12, 05:24
......seek out a small community bank, preferably one that is locally-owned. There is a difference. It is not just a Texas thing.

I banked at a Savings and Loan before that industry collapsed and was forced to go to the bank after the collapse. I was a victim.....I mean customer of the banks for ten long years until I joined a Credit Union. I took enough abuse in those ten years, I have no appetite for more. I have had one problem in a CU, a teller refused to cash a check. I complained and was told that she was a former bank employee who was still being retrained otherwise she would have been disciplined. Unless the guvmint wrecks the credit union industry like they wrecked the savings and loan industry I plan to stay with the CU until the end.

austinN4
04-24-12, 07:48
Credit unions most certainly do have shareholders in a generic sense. Each account holder is a shareholder, and can directly vote on the board and has much more influence on the leadership of the CU than they do in a bank.

An account holder at a CU has direct "skin in the game".
Believe what you want, but I disagree with all of the above statements.

CU's do not have shareholders in any sense, they have "members". And the members have no investment at risk. Their deposits do not constitute skin in the game as they are insured and not at risk. As a result, they tend to go along with whatever management wants.

BTW, I have never paid a service charge on my small business account either, and it is at JP Morgan Chase, one of the big nasty banks.

Moltke
04-24-12, 08:10
This is disgusting, put the word out gentlemen.

austinN4
04-24-12, 08:22
The reason they don't pay Federal income taxes is that they are non profits. There is nothing to tax.

My point exactly. And don't kid yourself - CU's don't manage their P&L to zero. They have what tax-paying businesses would call profits, they just don't have to pay federal taxes on it. Talk about unfair competition!

Interestingly, I found a list of 30 or so Utah banks. I went to the websites for 6 of them that show branches in my general area (Ogden to Payson) and that were local, not part of a big bank.
As I previously said, Utah only has a small number (56) of banks headquartered in the whole state. And most of the big banks headquartered there are operations of much larger holding companies such as Ally, Morgan Stanley, American Express, UBS, GE Capital, BMW, CIT, Sallie Mae, etc, which are there primarily for the low cost of the labor pool and are not community oriented at all.

The biggest bank with any real ties to Utah is, of course, Zion, and they are far from a small community oriented bank. But there are a handful that are.

Ogden is in Weber County, and Payson is in Utah County.

In Weber County there are only 2 banks headquartered there - TAB and Bank of Utah. Not much to choose from, for sure.

In Utah County there are more, but still only 6 and not a lot to choose from:

Bank of American Fork, American Fork
Central Bank, Springville
Rock Canyon Bank, Orem
Capital Community Bank, Provo
Green Dot Bank DBA Bonneville Bank, Provo
American Bank of Commerce, Provo

I know nothing about any of them. I am only saying there are locally-owned community bank alternatives to banking with the really big banks, and this is true for almost any area of the country. It is not accurate or fair to lump them altogether when bashing (deservedly so) the really big banks which are few in number but give the whole industry a bad name.

chadbag
04-24-12, 12:08
Believe what you want, but I disagree with all of the above statements.

CU's do not have shareholders in any sense, they have "members". And the members have no investment at risk. Their deposits do not constitute skin in the game as they are insured and not at risk. As a result, they tend to go along with whatever management wants.

Really? I personally have experience with a CU where the membership revolted and threw out pretty much the whole board and instituted their own board [which in turn hired their own executive team to replace the one the previous board had hired] due to bad "bank like" practices the previous board had been pursuing.

CU memberships don't go along with the board / management any more than bank shareholders do in my experience (which, in truth, in most matters, means that BOTH of them do most of the time).

BTW, I have never paid a service charge on my small business account either, and it is at JP Morgan Chase, one of the big nasty banks.

chadbag
04-24-12, 12:12
My point exactly. And don't kid yourself - CU's don't manage their P&L to zero. They have what tax-paying businesses would call profits, they just don't have to pay federal taxes on it. Talk about unfair competition!

Cry me a river. There is no unfair competition. All non profit organization work that way. They don't have profits. There is nothing to tax.

They have to legally keep certain reserves and rainy day funds. Most CU I have been part of publish their financials. It is there for all to see.

They put those "profits" back into the system by lowering loan rates, having lower and fewer fees, etc.

As I previously said, Utah only has a small number (56) of banks headquartered in the whole state. And most of the big banks headquartered there are operations of much larger holding companies such as Ally, Morgan Stanley, American Express, UBS, GE Capital, BMW, CIT, Sallie Mae, etc, which are there primarily for the low cost of the labor pool and are not community oriented at all.

The biggest bank with any real ties to Utah is, of course, Zion, and they are far from a small community oriented bank. But there are a handful that are.

Ogden is in Weber County, and Payson is in Utah County.

In Weber County there are only 2 banks headquartered there - TAB and Bank of Utah. Not much to choose from, for sure.

In Utah County there are more, but still only 6 and not a lot to choose from:

Bank of American Fork, American Fork
Central Bank, Springville
Rock Canyon Bank, Orem
Capital Community Bank, Provo
Green Dot Bank DBA Bonneville Bank, Provo
American Bank of Commerce, Provo

I know nothing about any of them. I am only saying there are locally-owned community bank alternatives to banking with the really big banks, and this is true for almost any area of the country. It is not accurate or fair to lump them altogether when bashing (deservedly so) the really big banks which are few in number but give the whole industry a bad name.

You still have not answered my question. Why would I want to go to a local bank? Or any bank?

Credit Unions provide all the services a bank does, to the little guy, both small business and consumer, and do it with few fees, lower fees, better loan rates, and are generally more responsive. And with the Co-Op network and the CUSC options that many many CUs belong to, I have nationwide branches and ATM network with my local CU.

You have yet to post one reason one would prefer a bank. There may be local banks that approach the average CU performance. But do they exceed it? Not likely.

austinN4
04-24-12, 12:37
You have yet to post one reason one would prefer a bank.
I have posted reasons why I prefer small, locally-owned community banks. Those reasons don't work for you? Fine, but just because you reject those reasons doesn't mean they aren't valid for others.

chadbag
04-24-12, 13:06
I have posted reasons why I prefer small, locally-owned community banks. Those reasons don't work for you? Fine, but just because you reject those reasons doesn't mean they aren't valid for others.

Would you mind reiterating the reasons in a list, so that I can see them in a clear and concise manner? I must have missed the actual reasons one would prefer a local community bank.

thanks

austinN4
04-24-12, 13:11
Would you mind reiterating the reasons in a list, so that I can see them in a clear and concise manner? I must have missed the actual reasons one would prefer a local community bank. thanks
Yes, I would mind. If you want to see them review my posts. But you aren't going to convert me to CU's and I am not going to convert you to small, locally-owned community banks, so we (you and me) are done here.

chadbag
04-24-12, 13:14
Yes, I would mind. If you want to see them review my posts. But you aren't going to convert me to CU's and I am not going to convert you to small, locally-owned community banks, so we (you and me) are done here.

I won't try and convert you to CUs. But I missed actual reasons in your posts. There was lots of background, but I did not see any reasons. Things unique that are not part of the generic offerings of financial institutions that might lead me to be interested in a community bank versus any other sort of financial institution.

All the things you listed, that I saw and understand, are not unique to community banks, so I guess I must have missed something.

--

Watrdawg
04-25-12, 08:40
Both Community Banks and LOCAL CU's offer advantages that the big banks cannot. I am a member of a local CU and we as a Mortgage Bank provide the mortgage services for that CU. The CU has a portfolio product that greatly benefits members! I have not seen a big bank that would do most of these mortgages that the CU portfolio's. It's all about the relationship the member has with the CU. This is the same type of relationship small community banks have with their clients. They both have their Pro's and Con's.

Shawn.L
04-25-12, 14:03
Just canceled my card through them.