PDA

View Full Version : Grip Force Adapter - redux

jmoore
04-22-12, 11:35
As I search through old posts, I find a lot about faster presentations, recovery time, and trigger pull length vs hand size. My current question:

Has anyone found the GFA decreases the tendency of Glocks to "shoot left"?

Before the Glock purists start to tear me a new asshole.....

I have no doubt that - if clamped in a rest - Glocks do not shoot left. And, I know there are many seasoned & well-trained shooters on this list who either never had, or currently do not have the problem. I am, however, convinced that when low-to-mid level trained humans are thrown into the equation - the combined "system" tends to shoot left for many. Hell - after I started noticing this - I started paying attention to any and all posted pics of Glock shooters standing next to their targets (some of them "high level" shooters). Guess what - many (though NOT all) groups are seen to the left of the aiming point. Granted - many are not as far left as MY groups are - but they are left. (And yes, I am coming from 40 years of shooting 1911s:)

You've heard it before..... I don't shoot revolvers, MPs, 1911s or Sigs to the left - just a Glock (3 out of three I have or have had). While I'm sure I can train it out - my simple solution is to use the intermediate portion of my trigger finger rather than the distal pad. Problem solved. But I'll be damned if I can regularly use the distal pad and shoot anything other than left:)

Getting back to the GFA - there is a certain logic that says by increasing the depth of the grip - it will force one to use the distal portion of the trigger finger, maybe making things worse. However - other relationships will also change as well - and I'm just wondering if anyone has found it to influence (better or worse) the tendancy to shoot left (for those of you who have this problem:)

TIA

john

skyugo
04-22-12, 13:28
i've been kinda out of the regular shooting loop lately due to budget/time constraints, but i've been dabbling quite a bit in dryfire with my glock.
I came upon the realization lately that pressing the trigger with my finger tip seems to prevent the sights from going left or down during break. I probably knew this when i was shooting 300 rounds a week, but I think its rediscovery may help some people here. (me included)

Magsz
04-22-12, 13:37
Shooter dependent.

If you're not pressing the trigger straight to the rear increasing or decreasing the LOP (length of pull) or trigger reach can potentially fix this.

Pressing the trigger straight to the rear is the most important aspect of trigger control.

It doesnt matter how much or how little you use.

The grip force adapter MAY fix the issue for you depending on what requirements YOU need in order to fix your trigger control issue.

Bare in mind that generally speaking, on a Glock, due to the size of the gun, it is not so much the trigger finger position causing the issue it is the fact that the meat of your dominant hand underneath the first knuckle of your index finger will contact the frame and cause that leftward push.