PDA

View Full Version : My recently made 3rd Gen G19 seems GTG!

brickboy240
04-23-12, 10:09
This was by no means a "formal" or technical test, but I ran enough rounds through my recently bought 3rd Gen G19 to think I might be in the clear.

This is a 3rd Gen G19, bone stock, 336 ejector, dip extractor and a born on date of 4/4/12.

I ran 200rds of Federal Champion 115gr fmjs, 2 20rd boxes of Hornady 124gr XTPs and 2 20rd boxes of Winchester 147gr SXTs through the gun.

Targets were a few NRA small bore rifle paper targets I had on hand and several Coke cans and plastic milk jugs.

Distances ranged from 10-15 yds.

The pistol flat out ate everything I threw in it! No jams or misfeeds at all. Ejection was anywhere from 3 to 5 o'clock on each type of ammo. I had one round (...about 4-5 rounds into the first magazine) just barely graze my forearm as it ejected slightly backwards, but that was the closest empty that came anywhere close to hitting my person. Not one empty hit my head or came back at me, after that.

This pistol was brand new and right out of the box. I just field stripped it, swabbed some Tetra Grease on the rails and shot it non-stop on a sunny afternoon.

Accuracy? Well, I was not really shooting for groups...mostly testing it's feeding/ejecting and overall reliability. However, I got several tight groups and it was "minute of Coke can" all the time. I had no problems bouncing empty Coke cans and milk jugs, using a 6-o'clock hold.

All in all....typical performance I was used to from my 2nd Gen older Glocks.

I don't know if this means Glock has exercised the demons, but it appears this G19 is a keeper. After another 200-300 rd test, if it still runs like this...I will be swapping the trigger for a Glock stock 3.5 pound unit and adding DeFoor sights.

Just thought I'd post my results...as informal they might be, my recently made G19 with a 336 ejector ran like mad and is a keeper!

- brickboy240

C4IGrant
04-23-12, 10:12
You could have a good one (though one round did hit you in the arm). ;)

Talk to us around the 3-4K mark and see if it is still running well (meaning ZERO brass makes contact with your face).

C4

brickboy240
04-23-12, 10:54
Does the erratic ejection only happen after 3-4k rounds?

I was under the impression that it was also happening to other shooters earlier on.

I'll be running another 200 through it next weekend and keep track. Hopefully it stays GTG. If not....I'll be swapping the ejector and waiting for an Apex extractor.

No empties hit my head...only one cam slightly back and grazed my right forearm. It did not burn and I barely felt it. Everything else flung at least 3-4 feet away from me. Not as enthusiastic as the ejection from my 2nd gen G22, but not the barely dribbling out of the ejection port that many are experiencing.

Time will tell and if it starts flinging brass at my head...I'll post the round count and ammo type and look for a solution but for now....I'll just keep running lead through the little sucker.

- brickboy240

C4IGrant
04-23-12, 11:06
Does the erratic ejection only happen after 3-4k rounds?

No. It always happens. What is deemed "acceptable" is if it only ejects from 1-5. Once it starts ejecting to the 6 position (your face), that is a no go.

For whatever reason (like the extractor wearing), properly extracting guns (1-5 position) will suddenly eject to the 6 position around 3-4k.

C4

brickboy240
04-23-12, 11:36
Luckily, changing an extractor or ejector on a Glock 19 is not a hugely daunting task and there are tons of aftermarket makers and Glock armorers to help in this task. Lone Wolf and soon we'll see Apex.

This and my view that I need to stick to the platform I am used to, is why I stuck with Glock. The few problems that can crop up on Glocks are usually fairly easy to remedy and there is tons of info and experience out there on these pistols to draw from.

- brickboy240