PDA

View Full Version : ‘I carry a gun all the time’ says woman who thwarted Macon holdup attempt...

SHIVAN
04-24-12, 18:21
http://www.macon.com/2012/04/23/2000577/i-carry-a-gun-all-the-time-says.html

Looking at Lulu Campbell’s bullet-riddled silver Toyota Tundra, common sense says the 57-year-old grandmother should be dead.

It’s impossible to tell how many bullets were fired at 2 a.m. Saturday morning on English Avenue, but what started as an armed robbery attempt turned into a full-blown firefight.

There are eight bullet holes in the Tundra’s hood, another in the front grill, and both front-seat side windows have been shot out. There’s also a single bullet hole through the front windshield, when Campbell shot back at one of the assailants. At least four of the bullets that penetrated the hood left secondary holes in the metal that’s right behind the driver’s dashboard. One of those shots took out the vehicle’s power brakes.

Read more above...in the link.

Moose-Knuckle
04-24-12, 19:09
Whoa! :eek:

It’s not the first time Campbell has shot at someone.

She said her late ex-husband was a police officer and taught her how to shoot. She said that in her native Philippines, only men carry guns.

A few years ago, she almost was robbed while in Roberta.

“My husband was a cop and my son was in military intelligence. They trained me how to shoot guns,” she said. But somehow she missed that would-be robber.

Sometimes she didn’t miss. Some 35 years ago, she shot her husband and his mistress after catching them together.

SeriousStudent
04-24-12, 19:22
Don't mess with us old folks. :D

I'm glad to hear that she was not harmed. In the words of my law enforcement friends, "Another acute failure in the victim selection process."

madisonsfinest
04-24-12, 20:20
That woman doesn't play! Just ask her ex-husband!

Sam
04-24-12, 20:35
One tough dame.

I used to live in Macon and Warner Robins. That area where she had her shootout is a rough neighborhood.

nobody knows
04-24-12, 21:13
^^^I also lived there for a few years, It's mostly a nice town but there are a few areas that are prone to crime/violence.

An Undocumented Worker
04-24-12, 21:26
That woman doesn't play! Just ask her ex-husband!

It doesn't say anything about ex-husband. She refered to him as her husband. Maybe she figured if he could survive the bullet he could stay.:lol:

Moose-Knuckle
04-24-12, 21:30
It doesn't say anything about ex-husband. She refered to him as her husband. Maybe she figured if he could survive the bullet he could stay.:lol:

In the quote I posted from the article she mentions her late ex-husband.