PDA

View Full Version : M&P Sear Housing Block availability...?

Meplat
04-24-12, 21:09
I've been looking around for a while to find a new/updated M&P9 sear housing block assembly WITHOUT the magazine disconnect or internal lock, yet nobody seems to have them in stock, no ETAs, and from what I've been told and for how long I've been on the "email me when back in stock" lists, they won't be around any time soon.

I checked all the usual sources, Brownells, Midway, Speed Shooter Specialties, etc. to no avail. Does anybody have ANY source for these that is actually in stock or perhaps even a spare?

Whiskey_Bravo
04-24-12, 23:44
I have been looking as well.

I currently have a back order placed with Midway for one but they have bumped the expected stock date back twice and now it says 5/30.

Little frustrating to say the least.

ralph
04-25-12, 03:18
Don't feel bad..I've been trying to get a recoil spring assembly for my midsize .45 from S&W for 3 weeks..they don't have any..They told me, maybe next week....

sniperfrog
04-25-12, 05:40
It's easy to knock out the mag disconnect and lock. A couple videos on You Tube show you how. I ordered a SHB from Brownells and knocked them out in about 1 minute.

Meplat
04-25-12, 14:24
Glad to see I'm not alone. I had originally contacted S&W, but as I'm sure most of you are aware, they gave me the spiel about it being a "restricted" part and it only being available from distributors. I can't imagine why they would do that, it's a real bone head decision and one that seems to cause everyone with M&Ps delays. I guess I'll just have to wait and snag a couple once they are back in stock... whenever that is.

It's easy to knock out the mag disconnect and lock. A couple videos on You Tube show you how. I ordered a SHB from Brownells and knocked them out in about 1 minute.

Thanks for the advice. I have seen this method before and was considering it, but I'd prefer to just buy an actual block without the disconnect and lock for simplicity's sake rather than mess around with modifying it and finding a spring myself. Again, thanks for the suggestion, though.

sniperfrog
04-26-12, 05:43
I don't think S&W sells the SHB without the mag disconnect/lock anymore. Your only option may be to modify the part yourself. It's pretty easy to do and you can get SHBs from Brownells for about 25 dollars.

C4IGrant
04-26-12, 08:32
I've been looking around for a while to find a new/updated M&P9 sear housing block assembly WITHOUT the magazine disconnect or internal lock, yet nobody seems to have them in stock, no ETAs, and from what I've been told and for how long I've been on the "email me when back in stock" lists, they won't be around any time soon.

I checked all the usual sources, Brownells, Midway, Speed Shooter Specialties, etc. to no avail. Does anybody have ANY source for these that is actually in stock or perhaps even a spare?

You didn't check with us!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=27764

C4

Meplat
04-26-12, 10:59
You didn't check with us!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=27764

C4

Thanks, Grant! I did check you guys out originally and saw that you had it. I was unsure whether or not the model you sold could have the disconnect and lock removed without extra/not included parts, so I checked with mp-pistol forum and was told that I would have to go through the whole hassle of buying an extra spring that fit correctly and doing the DIY mod to get the magazine disconnect out. I really would prefer to just buy a block without the disconnect or lock from the beginning.

But if you could confirm that the one you are selling is made so you can remove/configure it so that the MD and lock can both be removed without any extra parts unlike the 1911 spring method in the Burwell guide, I'll give that a shot.

Hogsgunwild
04-26-12, 11:15
Called S&W two days ago. One issue that we discussed was my four M&Ps that I have that need the blocks (for thumb safeties and no-locks). They had the blocks for $25.00 each. Although I have read forums where people discuss S&W giving them the upgraded blocks as part of the warranty, the response I got was "have you had a problem with a dead trigger yet?". I explained that although I have not had a dead trigger, these are my carry guns and I would prefer to avoid having a dead trigger.

My PPQ was one item that we discussed. My M&P FS 9MM is another which is having a shipping label sent to me for the accuracy issue which has progressively become worse (from 5" to 6" groups at 25 yards to basically a shotgun pattern instead of any grouping). Including my Shield, we discussed six guns that I have purchased in the last eight months or so. I was hoping that S&W would have tossed a consumer like me a bone on the blocks but that was not the way it worked out.
The rep knew that I really owned the guns that we discussed as he took S/Ns on four of the guns.

While I was not unhappy with their service and I do not expect free anything from anyone, I am a bit sour about having to deal with their shitty triggers, 9MM accuracy issues and now the sear housing blocks,
for the most part on my dime. Yeah I would have liked them to toss me a bone instead of sticking one in my....

Meplat
04-26-12, 11:32
While I was not unhappy with their service and I do not expect free anything from anyone, I am a bit sour about having to deal with their shitty triggers, 9MM accuracy issues and now the sear housing blocks,
for the most part on my dime. Yeah I would have liked them to toss me a bone instead of sticking one in my....

Agreed. So far my M&P has been a phenomenal pistol over the 2,000 rounds I have put through it, and while the trigger isn't as good as I think it should be, it's pretty much the only thing I can complain about and it's a minor issue at best for me. I'm very happy with the quality of it. However, dealing with S&W's customer service left me a bit annoyed with the company, contrary to what most people say about them having some of the best customer service in the business. I'm not saying that their customer service is bad, but this whole "restricted parts" deal is moronic and only hurting their reputation in my opinion.

I understand S&W doesn't want people messing with their gun and then sending it in on warranty if they mess it up, but what's the point of making the part(s) "restricted" when they just defer people to buying it from a distributor knowing that people are going to do it anyway? All it does is make the part more difficult to find and people more prone to hoarding the parts.

C4IGrant
04-26-12, 11:56
Thanks, Grant! I did check you guys out originally and saw that you had it. I was unsure whether or not the model you sold could have the disconnect and lock removed without extra/not included parts, so I checked with mp-pistol forum and was told that I would have to go through the whole hassle of buying an extra spring that fit correctly and doing the DIY mod to get the magazine disconnect out. I really would prefer to just buy a block without the disconnect or lock from the beginning.

But if you could confirm that the one you are selling is made so you can remove/configure it so that the MD and lock can both be removed without any extra parts unlike the 1911 spring method in the Burwell guide, I'll give that a shot.

You won't be able to find the SHB you are describing as S&W does not sell them.

You can mod the SHB we sell any way you want (or just leave parts out).

C4

Whiskey_Bravo
04-26-12, 12:20
You won't be able to find the SHB you are describing as S&W does not sell them.

You can mod the SHB we sell any way you want (or just leave parts out).

C4

So S&W is no longer selling the SHB without integral lock/magazine safety? I have had one on back order for a while with Midway and they continue to show an expected stock date. Just want to make sure I am not waiting forever for something that will never be back in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/546264/smith-and-wesson-sear-housing-block-without-integral-lock-and-magazine-safety-s-and-w-m-and-p-m-and-p-compact-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w

Smith & Wesson Sear Housing Block without Integral Lock and Magazine Safety S&W M&P, M&P Compact 9mm Luger, 357 Sig, 40 S&W

C4IGrant
04-26-12, 12:31
So S&W is no longer selling the SHB without integral lock/magazine safety? I have had one on back order for a while with Midway and they continue to show an expected stock date. Just want to make sure I am not waiting forever for something that will never be back in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/546264/smith-and-wesson-sear-housing-block-without-integral-lock-and-magazine-safety-s-and-w-m-and-p-m-and-p-compact-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w

They will sell that one, but once they are gone, they are gone (as S&W is moving away from the SHB with the IL holes in them to all TS models).

Edited to add, I might have gotten the last batch of them out (don't know).

C4

Whiskey_Bravo
04-26-12, 12:41
Thanks for the update Grant.

So S&W is going to stop producing the stupid internal lock versions and only have TS and non TS models in the future?

C4IGrant
04-26-12, 12:43
Thanks for the update Grant.

So S&W is going to stop producing the stupid internal lock versions and only have TS and non TS models in the future?

Correct.

C4

Whiskey_Bravo
04-26-12, 12:46
Good for them.

I am needing to upgrade my SHB to one with the larger sear plunger and spring, and I am wanting to remove the safety at the same time.
I guess I will be ordering one of your SHB's and just taking the mag safety and internal lock off.

Now if I could only find the TS plugs in stock I would be set.