PDA

View Full Version : M&P9c problems

RCI1911
04-25-12, 13:30
I recently bought an early (2006) M&P9c. Gun was like new and had less then 300 rounds through it. I've since put another 1200 rounds through it with the same reoccuring issue; it wants to mag drop. I contacted S&W about the problem because I've heard of several instances where early M&P's had mag drop issues and that they issue an updated mag release. Got the new mag release and installed it; same problem. Gun went to my 'smith for a mag release spring replacement and fitting of a new mag release since the release seemed pretty spongy compared to other compacts in comparison. In summary the gun still has the issue and under further inspection in comparison to other M&P9c's my gun's frame allows more movement of the magazine inside the frame then the other guns. My magazines check out okay in other frames but I can pull mine out with two fingers fairly easily. Has anyone else come across an issue like this? Is it an out of spec frame issue or is it an issue with the chassis? Gun is hopefully going back to S&W here shortly for work but was just wanting to know if this has happend before.

mtdawg169
04-25-12, 15:14
Never seen that problem that wasn't solved by a new mag catch. Send it in to Smith, they'll fix it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2