PDA

View Full Version : Here's the story

turnnwrench
04-25-12, 18:54
So I've been reading the forum for awhile now and decided on a Colt 6920 for my first AR. Saved up the money, go down to the sporting goods section of the local ranch and home store (only ones in town with colts in stock) to buy it. Counter guy tries to sell me on a DPMS and a Sig, didn't waiver, I want the Colt. pick up 200 rounds, extra Pmag and such, ready to go... nope here fill this out...social security number "OPTIONAL" on form so I leave it blank. Counter guy calls it in 3day wait :shout: WTF!!! I know the question "why don't you have a cc permit?" cause I'm lazy and don't carry yet. Anyway that was 3 days ago so I get to pick her up tomorrow on my lunch break. Will be posting pics as soon I get her home and clean. Anybody else leave their ssn off the form and have to wait?

DeltaSierra
04-25-12, 18:58
Anybody else leave their ssn off the form and have to wait?

That would depend on the individual, as I've never had a wait, and I don't fill in the SSN....

GunnutAF
04-25-12, 18:59
What state you from? 3 Day wait for what? State law? :mad:

04-25-12, 19:11
**** no, I don't give my SS#. Not to the LGS, the MD, etc. Not unless it is required by law. Just one more way to deter ID theft. No, it has necer caused a wait.

turnnwrench
04-25-12, 19:14
Washington state. That's what pisses me off, they shouldn't need it. I purchased a 1911 two months ago and had the standard 5 day no problem I expected that but not a wait for a long gun.

GeorgiaBoy
04-25-12, 19:22
"Tried to sell me a DPMS..."

How typical...

Iraqgunz
04-25-12, 23:10
Please keep these kinds of posts confined to Twitter or Facebook. Once you have your weapon and have shot it, then come back and let us know how it performed.