PDA

View Full Version : New Ghetto/parts build

kwelz
04-25-12, 18:54
I built this mainly out of parts I had laying around or had traded for on a whim. I think the only parts I have purchased in the past year that is on this gun is the FH and the gas tube retaining pin. I wasn't planning on this build but I got a stupid good deal on the barrel and Bolt.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0NUkD8xzi_I/T5iMtGEKX3I/AAAAAAAAAHg/ca18t6V_JWk/s1117/IMG_0527.JPG

Factory 14.5 Inch Colt M4 barrel and Bolt DoM 8/98. I thought about cutting this but as M4 barrels go this is a classic. It would be a crime to chop on it.
Daniel Defense upper.
BCM Gunfighter Mod4
DD Lower with DD parts kit.
Surefire 215A Flash hider.
Troy Flip up rear.

I am trying to decide what to do with the gun now. My gut instinct is to grab another 13 inch Alpha rail and put on there along with a H1 and a Light. But a part of me kind of likes the simplicity of the current gun. Hell a part of me even thinks I should sell it since I have so little in it and could probably get good money in this market for a gun with all quality parts.

SeriousStudent
04-25-12, 19:26
......... Hell a part of me even thinks I should sell it since I have so little in it and could probably get good money in this market for a gun with all quality parts.

Nice build.

Seriously, I would buy a color-matching MOE handguard, and sell it on the EE on TOS. Make sure you tell them how the fit and finish is top notch.

Then when the solid components run well, it will be a bonus for them, and you'll have a nice chunk of cash.

Take the money you make and buy some ammo or put it towards training expenses. That would probably cover your gas, hotel and meals for a week, right?

IYAAYASwarrior
04-25-12, 19:30
Good build dude!!! I agree with MOE to match and a sale on that one site:D

Slvr Surfr
04-25-12, 19:37
Far from ghetto parts to me. It looks like all it needs is that matching MOE handguard and you are good to go!

kwelz
04-25-12, 19:38
Nice build.

Seriously, I would buy a color-matching MOE handguard, and sell it on the EE on TOS. Make sure you tell them how the fit and finish is top notch.

Then when the solid components run well, it will be a bonus for them, and you'll have a nice chunk of cash.

Take the money you make and buy some ammo or put it towards training expenses. That would probably cover your gas, hotel and meals for a week, right?

Haha True enough. More money for training is always a bonus. I just hate to sell anything right now with people going all stupid over AR stuff. Regardless I am going to take it out tomorrow and run a few hundred rounds through it.

rushca01
04-25-12, 19:40
What's ghetto about it? Throw a centurion Fsp rail on it or shave the front sight and put a troy rail on it and call it a day. Plus I dont see why it wouldn't sell on this sight ;)

kwelz
04-25-12, 19:41
What's ghetto about it? Throw a centurion rail on it and call it a day. Plus I dont see why it wouldn't sell on this sight ;)

Ghetto referring to the mishmash of parts I had sitting around that allowed me to build this, not the overall quality of the parts involved.

IYAAYASwarrior
04-25-12, 19:42
What's ghetto about it? Throw a centurion Fsp rail on it or shave the front sight and put a troy rail on it and call it a day. Plus I dont see why it wouldn't sell on this sight ;)

true...It would sell on here as well

SeriousStudent
04-25-12, 20:04
Haha True enough. More money for training is always a bonus. I just hate to sell anything right now with people going all stupid over AR stuff. Regardless I am going to take it out tomorrow and run a few hundred rounds through it.

Something else to think about. Do you have a friend that is wavering, considering an AR? The closer it gets to the election, the worse the prices will be for them.

You could really help out a friend, by selling him a decent AR at a fair price. You know the robbers will be out in November. And God help us all if The Anointed One wins. :eek:

kwelz
04-25-12, 22:58
Something else to think about. Do you have a friend that is wavering, considering an AR? The closer it gets to the election, the worse the prices will be for them.

You could really help out a friend, by selling him a decent AR at a fair price. You know the robbers will be out in November. And God help us all if The Anointed One wins. :eek:

Funny enough I did this back in December for a friend of mine. Managed to build him a gun with a DD barrel, bolt, and rail along with other similar quality parts for right at a grand.

I think I am going to hold onto this one. Either keep it as a "beater" or set it up as a backup to my Noveske.

SeriousStudent
04-25-12, 23:53
Sounds like a good plan. Plus when you have verified it's dependability, you have a solid backup for training classes or a spouse/significant other.

And what a wonderful thing, to help introduce another person to the AR family.

Plus if you watch, you might pick up a H-1 with a 4 MOA dot for cheap. I'm sure there are folks that "must have" the 2 MOA version since the old one is now completely worthless.....

I missed out on one for $300 at work. Argh! :(

The next time BFG has a clearance sale, grab a sling, too.

kwelz
04-26-12, 20:35
I decided I am going to hold onto it. A member here gave me a great deal on a MOE hand guard. I have an FDE padded vickers sling in my gear closet, and I pulled the H1 off of my ACR sice I am waiting on the SBR paperwork to come back anyway.

All I need to do is blow a hole in the handguards when I get them and put a QD in it. Will just be a nice simple rifle to have around.