PDA

View Full Version : 22 conversion kits

Phillygunguy
04-26-12, 20:46
Hey folks forgive me if posted elsewhere I just picked up an Advantage arms glock 17/22 conversion kit, wanted to know is there any thing I should be concerned with aside from the ammo recommendations any chance this can damage the firearm with normal use ?

PLCedeno
04-27-12, 03:58
Just make sure your using a Gen4 slide if its a Gen4 frame and vice-versa for gen3. In the beginning of the introduction of the Gen4 guns AA said it was ok to use w existing kits. It wasnt. Many of the frames (including my original gen3 G22) lost polymer around the front area of the front rails. Other than that my experience has been that the set-up works 99% of the time using mini-mags. Federal Auto match is recommended by the manufacturer but didnt work reliably in my kit. The initial first few hundred rounds are the worse bc the kit has to be broken in. Keep it clean and lubed. Also, clean the mags as if you owned a 1911 and not a Glock. Enjoy.

Phillygunguy
04-27-12, 06:41
Thanks I forget to mention I have a gen 3 and I got the correct kit im hoping this will help with some training on the cheap and if it goes well I might get one for my AR

Tango Charlie145
04-27-12, 07:29
The Advantage Arms kits are great for training on trigger control and sight picture in an inexpensive platform. The only problems we have had are shooting the non reccommended ammo. The Remington Golden Bullets are the best functioning ammo FOR US through these kits.

High Altitude
04-27-12, 11:14
I have an AA kit for my gen3 19 and it runs very well with the recommended ammo.

You have to make sure it is lubricated properly. There is a lot of bearing surface between the slide/ejector/barrel.

My kids love shooting it. Took my daughter shooting last week. Here are a couple pics of how she did.

20 feet, 5 rounds, standing, off-hand
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/myphotos27/P1010067.jpg

20 feet, 30 rounds, standing, off-hand

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/myphotos27/P1010069.jpg

Wake27
04-27-12, 15:04
Damn I really want one of these.

vigilant2
04-27-12, 18:28
Keep it lubed like High Altitude says, also keep a micro flathead screwdriver handy for those occasional FTE's common with .22LR and you'll be good to go. Mine loves 36gr CCI hollow points. 40gr solids not so much. Watch your groups with 9mm/or whatever shrink after shooting rounds through your .22 conversion.

Hizzie
04-27-12, 18:53
Remmy Golden Bullets and lots of lube. Get a good areosol or water based spray degreaser. 500rds will leave your frame NASTY.

RichDC2
04-27-12, 19:57
Can standard size Glock sights (Ameriglo,Warrens,Hiene) work on these?

Dobie
04-27-12, 20:01
Yes
They come with the Glock factory plastic adjustables.

TAZ
04-28-12, 11:31
If you have the right kit for the gun, I don't think you can damage the frame. You will get it filthy from the 22's but aside from that you should be safe. I've run around 2k of the Remington Golden Bullets through the gun and haven't bothered to clean it. Ran another 500 through it yesterday with no issues. Mine isn't bullseye accurate, but it's accurate enough to give good feedback on what youre doing wrong, which is all I wanted it for.

Phillygunguy
04-28-12, 11:36
Well I shot 100the rds of cci mini mags and its sweet! I had 1 stove pipe but im not gonna sweat it after all its plinking/ training I ordered 1000 rds from SGAmmo so I can train for a little while without breaking the bank
I don't know why I didn't get one sooner I may get a 22 conversion kit for my AR next :) thanks for the input everyone

jamaicanj
04-28-12, 14:43
I have the same kit that you bought. I get the Remington golden bullets at Walmart for ~$20 and keep it well lubed. It's a great training aid.

Congrats