PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Classes in Northeast Ohio

jdk32581
04-29-12, 23:01
A couple buddies and I would love to take an AR-15 class this summer. We have all shot for a long time but would love to learn some tactics and techniques. Can anyone refer a good instructor/s? We are in Northeast Ohio. Thanks!

blunderocerous
04-30-12, 00:35
You might try Grant at G and R Tactical. His user name on this site is C4IGrant. He put on a carbine and pistol class which I attended this past Saturday and it was time well spent. My understanding is he intends to do these classes monthly. The range is just south of New Philadelphia, so depending on where exactly in northeast Ohio you're at you're looking at probably and hour and a half drive or so.

jdk32581
04-30-12, 03:28
You might try Grant at G and R Tactical. His user name on this site is C4IGrant. He put on a carbine and pistol class which I attended this past Saturday and it was time well spent. My understanding is he intends to do these classes monthly. The range is just south of New Philadelphia, so depending on where exactly in northeast Ohio you're at you're looking at probably and hour and a half drive or so.

Thanks for the heads up. While searching around I actually found his thread in the training forums and sent him an email. New Phila is not too far from me I am outside Cleveland. Thanks again

rushca01
04-30-12, 08:00
Alliance OH PD hosts both LMS defense and EAG. They are some of the best hosts I have ever seen, Mike is a stand up guy. They welcome regular guys to train at their facility which includes square range and a shoothouse. Check the LMS website for class dates and EAGs as well.

jdk32581
04-30-12, 22:01
Alliance OH PD hosts both LMS defense and EAG. They are some of the best hosts I have ever seen, Mike is a stand up guy. They welcome regular guys to train at their facility which includes square range and a shoothouse. Check the LMS website for class dates and EAGs as well.

Checked them out. Looks good other than the $$$. Thats on the higher end of what I would like to spend. Thanks for the heads up though.

lethal dose
05-01-12, 06:18
Grant at g&r will get you headed in the right direction. If you don't mind a few hour drive, TDI is great for the money.

trappernanabg19
05-01-12, 09:01
Hey guys check out Chris Cerino Training. I live just south of Chardon and plan on taking some of his classes this summer.

TomF
05-01-12, 12:49
There are a number of good recommendations in this thread.

Shameless plug:

I am an instructor for Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute. Most of our classes are in SE Michigan. I live on the west side of Cleveland and it's only a 2.5 hr drive up there.

www.michigantrainer.com

rushca01
05-01-12, 13:56
There are a number of good recommendations in this thread.

Shameless plug:

I am an instructor for Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute. Most of our classes are in SE Michigan. I live on the west side of Cleveland and it's only a 2.5 hr drive up there.

www.michigantrainer.com

I may have to come check you guys out! Really interested in the less lethal class.

pete57
08-01-12, 14:18
The lms classes don't seem to be that expensive....only $400 for 2 or 3 days. Thanks for the info.

C4IGrant
08-01-12, 14:24
We still hold our FREE classes EVERY MONTH and will start to do VSM level classes soon. They are only $150 per day.

C4

popo198
08-04-12, 22:19
I have trained multiple times with Grant as well as Alliance PD. You will not go wrong with either one.