PDA

View Full Version : Troy Alpha issues

TacticalSledgehammer
04-30-12, 07:26
I am installing a the alpha rail with flip up sights on a BCM 14.5" lightweight upper with a permanent attached A2x FH. The front sight is cut and shaved down. My issue is the flip up sight won't stay closed because the shaved base is in the way. Is it possible to trim down the front part of the old base (in front of gas port hole) to give the sight the room it needs?

Scoby
04-30-12, 08:16
I'm not following this. Got any pics?

rauchman
04-30-12, 10:02
What length is your rail? I understand the 11" works for carbine length gas system and the 13" works for the midlength gas system when using the built in flip up sights.

saddlerocker
04-30-12, 12:13
Just shave down the FSB more unless, as stated above, its a midlength and an 11" rail, which Troy says wont work

TacticalSledgehammer
04-30-12, 17:37
I'm pretty sure it's a 13" rail. It's my father in law's gun. The sight when folded bumps the old FSB and doesn't lock all the way.

Robb Jensen
04-30-12, 20:31
Yes you can trim down the front edge of the shaved FSB. I installed one about a month ago and had to take off an additional 1/8" to get it to clear the Troy Alpha integral front sight.

TacticalSledgehammer
05-01-12, 16:52
Yes you can trim down the front edge of the shaved FSB. I installed one about a month ago and had to take off an additional 1/8" to get it to clear the Troy Alpha integral front sight.

Ok thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for. I didn't think trimming down the front edge would harm anything.