PDA

View Full Version : Any CZ love here?

gregshin
05-01-12, 16:07
Anybody carry a P0-1 or SP-01?

brickboy240
05-01-12, 16:50
I used to have one of the mid 80s "pre-B" CZ-75 9mms.

Stupidly....I sold it. A buddy offered me more than I paid for it and I caved.

Very accurate and a fun shooter.

- brickboy240

packinaglock
05-01-12, 18:10
I've never shot one but would like to someday.

High Altitude
05-01-12, 18:37
Anybody carry a P0-1 or SP-01?

A P-01 will give any compact pistol a run for its money.

Here are my two CZs, P-01 and SP-01 Tactical.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/myphotos27/DSC01142.jpg

The P-01 is the most accurate pistol I own. I can shoot tight clover cleaf groups off-hand at 7 yds all day long and it will bench 2.5" at 25yds with basic plinker ammo.

7 yds, 5 rounds, standing, off-hand (shot this the very first time I took the pistol to the range)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/myphotos27/DSC01143.jpg

Arik
05-01-12, 18:56
I have a CZ85. Very very accurate, light double action and can be used like a 1911, hammer back safety on

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CC556
05-01-12, 19:29
I've got a SP-01 Shadow and it's by far my favorite handgun I've ever owned. They're reliable, parts are easy to get, they are accurate, and I can tinker with it.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/90Z51/Guns/Shadow/IMG_20120226_134931.jpg

OldGreg
05-01-12, 20:07
It's a nice pistol..

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hPM1gms29Bo/T6CILWU9IEI/AAAAAAAAAIM/tt3jNMmp8cs/s1024/IMG_0096.jpg

Maverick07
05-01-12, 20:34
I had an OD P-01 a couple years back but sold it after I fired only 50 rounds through it. It felt outstanding in the hand, pointed very well, had an excellent trigger and looked absolutely bad ass. The problem was the sharply curved trigger and how under recoil it transmitted the impulses right into the pad of my finger. Now 9mm's are pretty mild in recoil, but after about 20 rounds I had a blister from the hard rub into my finger. Weird experience and unfortunate. I really liked that pistol but the trigger design just didn't work for me.

BrigandTwoFour
05-01-12, 21:41
My local shop had a SP-01 Phantom that I was drooling over for a long time. While holding it, it just felt....right. I had just bought my Beretta 92A1 at the time, and just couldn't justify another DA/SA.

I would love to have one some day.

avengd7x
05-01-12, 22:49
I've got a cz75 sp01 tactical. The stock trigger was really bad, but cz custom fixed that for me. It's my favorite range gun. very accurate and reliable

05-02-12, 09:05
I had an OD P-01 a couple years back but sold it after I fired only 50 rounds through it. It felt outstanding in the hand, pointed very well, had an excellent trigger and looked absolutely bad ass. The problem was the sharply curved trigger and how under recoil it transmitted the impulses right into the pad of my finger. Now 9mm's are pretty mild in recoil, but after about 20 rounds I had a blister from the hard rub into my finger. Weird experience and unfortunate. I really liked that pistol but the trigger design just didn't work for me.

Mav,
I had the same experience with the P-01 trigger. Left me a blister on the edge of the finger pad. I also sold it. I still have my '91 Pre-B 75. Angus Hobdell at CZ Custom converted it to SA only about 7 years ago. Many thousands of trouble free rounds, and many pistol matches later it is still my go to gun for games.
Best,

High Altitude
05-02-12, 12:51

I have never experienced this, but I do know that it happens with some people. One solution is to swap out the stock trigger to a CZ 85 combat trigger.

Maverick07
05-02-12, 13:22
I have never experienced this, but I do know that it happens with some people. One solution is to swap out the stock trigger to a CZ 85 combat trigger.

That is sage advice for anyone experiencing trigger slap on CZ's with the deeply curved trigger. In hindsight I should researched my options and worked with the platform more. If I ever come across a nice used P-01, I will take that track and swap out the trigger.

Cazwell
05-02-12, 15:02
Had two p-01's for a while, one of which was the olive drab. One of the first pistols I owned. I liked them a lot. Sold them to give striker fired pistols a try, and because as a new shooter, I got nervous due to some the negative talk regarding their reliability on this site.

I miss them though. Great shooters.

m39nut
05-02-12, 18:40
I have both a P01 and a 75BD. Wouldn't trade them for the world. I am starting to shoot USPSA and will be using the BD until I can afford a CZ SP01 Shadow.

Bigkrackers
05-02-12, 18:53
Love mine.

CC556
05-03-12, 08:12
Had two p-01's for a while, one of which was the olive drab. One of the first pistols I owned. I liked them a lot. Sold them to give striker fired pistols a try, and because as a new shooter, I got nervous due to some the negative talk regarding their reliability on this site.

I miss them though. Great shooters.

I've seen some of that too, and I really think it's funny. We've got the "chosen" guns here that seem to have more than their fair share of problems (9mm M&P accuracy issues and all manner of Glock problems) but that doesn't stop people from continuing to buy them, struggle with them, modify them, and recommend them. On the other hand we have CZ handguns that have a great reputation for accuracy and reliability in most quarters but the second anyone can find an example of a CZ failure they're derided as unfit for serious use or just passed off as "gamer" guns. Well, I've shot a lot of USPSA and I have to say gamers really aren't patient with guns that don't run or don't shoot well and there's a reason that a lot of them are using CZs.

In the end I think that a lot of the CZ mistrust comes from the fact that they are pretty uncommon "foreign" guns in a way that Glocks or HKs or whatever really aren't thought of anymore.

Gary1911A1
05-03-12, 10:09
I have several CZs' and a couple of Witness Pistols in 10MM which I like to shoot. A Shadow is the best Production Division Pistol I have ever tried. I also have a P0-1 for conceal carry. I really like how the grip let's me make a stronger grip and how it makes the Trigger feel like it's pulling more straight back like a 1911 rather than the"under pull" feeling some DA pistols have. I can fully understand why Col. Cooper liked the CZ.

gregshin
05-03-12, 19:02
i love my CZ's the only thing i wished is that they had factory novak night sites or cuts in in the slide to add more aftermarket sights.

John Fritz
05-03-12, 19:44
I've got CZeveral CZ's. Don't carry any of them but I sure like taking them on little field trips to the range.

They always say 'ThanCZ' when we get home.

gunnut284
05-04-12, 02:19
I want to like them but the trigger reach on most CZs is just too long for me. They feel good and shoot well, I could use one SAO, but the DA reach is more than my finger can handle well.

bm176
05-04-12, 06:36
love my cz shadow, but after shooting a friends tactical sports...i think i want one now
my shadow
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/552-1.jpg
first time out, checkin for accuracy
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/518.jpg

Batt 57
05-04-12, 07:32
I just picked-up an Akai Custom Guns SP-01 Shadow and shot the local USPSA match with last night.... Straight out of the box!

Most accurate gun I've ever owned.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4c6d209f-cc69-1929.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TiroFijo
05-04-12, 07:49
To the people with high round counts, have you ever experience early breakage of the slide stop pin?
What about durability of recoil springs?

These two points have been problematic for me and my friends with CZ 75s, most of them made in the mid 90's.

I love the design. For me the CZ 75 grip is the best I've found in a pistol.

Thanks in advance :)

05-04-12, 11:31
Tiro,
My '91 is still using it's original slide stop, I do carry a spare. Many thousands of factory rounds with even more min. power factor reloads it has given me no trouble. I did wear out a sear some years ago after its conversion to SA only. I use only factory strength recoil springs which get replaced regularly. I started using a factory strength mainspring when I got light hits on Wolf primers. It hasn't negatively affected the excellent trigger pull.

Petrov
05-04-12, 13:37
To the people with high round counts, have you ever experience early breakage of the slide stop pin?

These two points have been problematic for me and my friends with CZ 75s, most of them made in the mid 90's.

Have a plethora of CZ75's

My CCW are G19/CZ75 PCR (M&P was taken out of rotation due to early unlocking/accuracy issues)

The CZ has the best feel/ergonomics of any pistol I held. Have over 20k through my CZ PCR. The slide stop IS a wear item. I am still on my original however. Mine is a decocker DA/SA.
VERY accurate, good ergonomics.
Put mine through several pistol classes and low light class.
Eats steel case just fine, althogh 90% of rounds that I fired were my reloads which simulate 9mm speer gold dot ammo. slow n350 VW powder VERY spicy.

Battlepack
05-04-12, 15:55
I'm going to pick up a P-09 when they become available, just for the heck of it. Hopefully the bugs from the P-07 will have been worked out.

High Altitude
05-04-12, 18:40
From what I have seen, you have to make sure the springs in them are changed out on schedule as well as the slide stop pin, but this is for high volume shooters. Most never get there. Other than that they are good to go. There is no tuning of parts to make sure they run right. I have not seen any type of parts breakage.

Every time I have seen a high round pistol start to malfunction it has always been a spring issue. Failure to eject issues-extractor spring, Failure to feed - magazine spring usually. A little more maintenance compared to a glock but not to 1911 levels.

Another thing to keep in mind, these pistols are some what easy to work on so you get unqualified people messing them up and then blaming the platform when they have malfunctions. The design is pretty simple, robust and works.

IMO it is the most under rated pistol platform out there.

et2041
05-20-12, 08:09
I just purchased a 75B SA 2 weeks ago. I have since started buying odds and ends to tune it: Comp Hammer, Trigger, Trijicons, etc. I was originally interested in a High Power, but cost and the additional cost to tune it, remove the Mag safety etc., would have added an additional $600+ to an already expensive SAO platform.

I am a longtime (20 year) Glock user but wanted something different. The CZ feels fantastic, is a longtime proven design and has an almost cult following. I'm waiting for my punches and setting up my shop for working on it.

Right now I'll say my only complaint is the grittiness of the trigger, minor creep and the need to shave a pound or 2 off of the pull and shorten the reset. I should manage to work on it by myself.

The accuracy out of the box is noticably better than my Glock's. I was very impressed.

m39nut
05-20-12, 19:21
If you shoot about 500 rounds through it the grittiness of the trigger will go away, at least it has on the 2 I currently own. The first, which I sold like an idiot, smoothed out after about 200 rounds.

Medic218
05-20-12, 21:17
I've got a 40B that's a decent little shooter.

chadil1ac
05-21-12, 00:05
My first pistol was a CZ P-01. I loved it but at the same time hated the decocker for carrying. I could only afford one pistol at the time do of course I ended up with a Glock 19.

I would like to purchase a P-01 in the future, or a another variant of the 75 in SA only. It wouldn't be for carry though. Just a range toy.

SPDGG
05-21-12, 02:13
Here is my CZ75 SA 9mm w/ all the fixings from CZ Custom

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/fkim2003/CZ%2075B%20SA%20Custom/CZ75BSACustom003Small.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/fkim2003/CZ%2075B%20SA%20Custom/CZ75BSACustom002Small.jpg

MegademiC
05-21-12, 09:26
I have a cz 75compact .40 (steel, but safe shape frame as a po1) Its kinda heavy but carries just fine. I installed a SAO trigger, took down the sear angle ever so slightly, and polished the surfaces.

However due to recurring mag issues Im soon retiring it to range use only. Once I do this, im removing the FP block which will make the trigger sick.

I had to "make" my own carry mag(flush fit), and even the mec-gars for the sp01 40s are not 100%.

That said, it shoots good, and factory mags have been 100%. I think they are good, and with the SAO trigger installed, they can be very slick shooting guns.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/vinnyraf870/DSC00744.jpg

carolvs
06-02-12, 01:07
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3931/acrczb.jpg

My primary carry is a CZ-75B. Only mod so far are Nill grips, which improved the already awesome ergos. When I went to the gun shop I was looking for a Walther P99, but handling both side-by-side I came home with the CZ.

I'd like change to the SAO trigger, and perhaps a night sight, but that's it. I'd like to add a RAMI to the stable but I need an AR first.

John Fritz
06-02-12, 01:09
... My primary carry is a CZ-75B. Only mod so far are Nill grips, which improved the already awesome ergos. ...
Those Nills look top shelf. I only ever see them on SIGs, didn't even know they were available for CZ pistols.

carolvs
06-02-12, 01:28
Those Nills look top shelf. I only ever see them on SIGs, didn't even know they were available for CZ pistols.

They were a bit dear, and the wait time from Germany (once I ordered from a US dealer) was about a month, but they are sweet. I wish my camera sucked less or I'd take a better pic for you guys.

legumeofterror
06-02-12, 22:06
I have a few. My primary carry and favorite pistol is a CZ-75B Omega.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/IMG_0026-1.jpg

Also have a 1987 Pre-B

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/CZssss/DSC01687.jpg

A vz.50/70

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DSC01321.jpg

and a 1943 DUO, this one is not really a CZ design but they ended up making them for some time.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/DUO/DSC01595.jpg

Torsion
06-03-12, 11:09
I'm a big CZ fan, luv em'. Fortunately I picked up my SP01 last year and my stainless in January. Well before the gun buying frenzy and supply problems surfaced.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/TimDawg/Picture064-1.jpg

carolvs
07-04-12, 03:00
Just added one more to the stable. Dropped my 75B off at the CZ custom shop for a trigger job, and discovered that they weren't sold out of the new P-07 with factory threaded barrels. At least not until I got the last one.:p

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6212/p07q.jpg

Switched from decocker to manual safety after snapping the pic. Ready for condition 1.

theblackknight
07-04-12, 10:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DVuQL_M6sA

runifucan
07-06-12, 09:49
The p-01 i had had a longer list of cons than pros.

pros:
The ergonimics are top notch, i've not handled a handgun that fit more comfortably in my hands.
The accuracy was above average due to the tight lock up, slide in frame rails and a chamber that was too tight IMO for a handgun that may be used for self defense.

cons:
-reliability was poor. had alot of failure to feed in the first 500 rounds followed by a brief period of reliable function that ended after about 5000 more rounds.
-Durability was poor. the steel is very hard and the aluminum frame was very soft ( early model, likely fixed) This was exacerbated by the very poor machining of almost all parts. The tolerances were good, the machine marks were not.
- alot of grit in the trigger that i polished out after the 500 round break in did not fix the screw driver thru gravel feel.
- overly complex trigger system with small components and small springs ( decocker model)
- springs needed replaced early and were finicky.
- the chamber was too tight to feed reloads. the resizing die will not resize the bottom 1/8th inch, rounds were fired in this handgun.

While the ergonomics were top notch and wolff springs helped alot of the issues the soft aluminum frame in the early model caused too many issues. The screw above the trigger that held the trigger bar in engagement works lose under recoil even with ample amounts of blue locktite.
I would consider buying a steel frame cz75 in the future. I would replace the springs with wolff early and expect to need polishing to have a tolorable trigger.
The decocking mechanism was more of a PITA to work with than any other gun i've worked on. I've owned and worked on 1911s, sigs, glocks, rugers, M&Ps and hi-powers in semi auto. I've also owned and worked on s&w, ruger and taurus revolvers all easier than that decocker cz.

azeriosu85
07-06-12, 22:48
i have a P-01 on the way!!! will update with my lust for this beauty when she arrives!

m4brian
07-07-12, 07:52
Why they never made a regular production P01 w/manual safety is just plain stupid. The original CZ design was good - not perfect - production sear/hammer engagement was poor - but very shootable, and it could be carried anyway you wanted, and still was fairly easy to detail strip and work on.

The dreaded decocker not only made it less versatile, but the lever was in the way of a high thumb hold, was awkward to use, and made it much harder to work on. Not good. I have 4 manual safety CZ's. I won't touch a decocker. (I did and will no more).

Gary1911A1
07-07-12, 14:35
Why they never made a regular production P01 w/manual safety is just plain stupid. The original CZ design was good - not perfect - production sear/hammer engagement was poor - but very shootable, and it could be carried anyway you wanted, and still was fairly easy to detail strip and work on.

The dreaded decocker not only made it less versatile, but the lever was in the way of a high thumb hold, was awkward to use, and made it much harder to work on. Not good. I have 4 manual safety CZ's. I won't touch a decocker. (I did and will no more).

I don't know much about this CZ clone, but it appears to be close to what we both would like CZ to do.
http://tamtac.wordpress.com/tag/canik-usa/

ffhounddog
07-07-12, 14:57
I do like my cz-85 and it is hard to carry it with a 6004 dur to the hood it does not like to be carried cocked and locked.

Other than that a great gun,

azeriosu85
07-07-12, 15:08
I don't know much about this CZ clone, but it appears to be close to what we both would like CZ to do.
http://tamtac.wordpress.com/tag/canik-usa/

avoid 99.9% of CZ clones....kind of like Glock clones

carolvs
07-07-12, 18:35

It existed, then disappeared:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=45371.0

Likewise I will have nothing to do with decockers. MS only, SAO preferred, FTW.

avoid 99.9% of CZ clones....kind of like Glock clones

The only CZ clone I would have gone for was Vltor's Bren Ten. So much for that.

Gary1911A1
07-08-12, 10:59
It existed, then disappeared:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=45371.0

Likewise I will have nothing to do with decockers. MS only, SAO preferred, FTW.

The only CZ clone I would have gone for was Vltor's Bren Ten. So much for that.

I hadn't seem one like that before. Wish CZ would make some more.

Arctic1
07-08-12, 11:34
I have a CZ75 SP-01, and I can't say enough good things about it. It's the most accurate handgun I have ever shot.

m4brian
07-08-12, 13:41
I have been on the CZ forum for years and had not heard about soft alloy frames on the P01s - interesting.

The grip shape is GREAT though. I did have a mond to go after a P02 at one point, but they fell out again, so my only lightweight 9mm is a G19 Gen 4.

CZs are generally VERY reliable and durable from what I've seen over the years.

Gary1911A1
07-09-12, 08:21
I have been on the CZ forum for years and had not heard about soft alloy frames on the P01s - interesting.

The grip shape is GREAT though. I did have a mond to go after a P02 at one point, but they fell out again, so my only lightweight 9mm is a G19 Gen 4.

CZs are generally VERY reliable and durable from what I've seen over the years.

I was surprised to read the comment from another poster about soft alloy frames too. I know the P-01 is NATO approved and while I don't pretend to know how many rounds a design is shot without damage, I'm sure it's enough most users won't have to worry about it.

azeriosu85
07-09-12, 12:04
one person saying the Alloy on the P-01 is "soft" shouldn't stop anyone from owning one, the P-01 aluminum alloy frame is about as soft as a BCM Aluminum lower....:rolleyes:

azeriosu85
07-09-12, 12:11
oh and here's a little "pron" for ya, im picking my P-01 up today actually:D

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/FrozInAK/czp01s.jpg

m4brian
07-09-12, 12:21
I'd have to see the evidence of soft framed P01's to believe it. In fact, the P01 had a forged alloy frame to make it tougher than the PCR, which has held up well. Again, da/sa is inferior, so it is way too bad they don't do full production on the P02.

Snake Plissken
07-09-12, 12:53
The p-01 i had had a longer list of cons than pros.

pros:
The ergonimics are top notch, i've not handled a handgun that fit more comfortably in my hands.
The accuracy was above average due to the tight lock up, slide in frame rails and a chamber that was too tight IMO for a handgun that may be used for self defense.

cons:
-reliability was poor. had alot of failure to feed in the first 500 rounds followed by a brief period of reliable function that ended after about 5000 more rounds.
-Durability was poor. the steel is very hard and the aluminum frame was very soft ( early model, likely fixed) This was exacerbated by the very poor machining of almost all parts. The tolerances were good, the machine marks were not.
- alot of grit in the trigger that i polished out after the 500 round break in did not fix the screw driver thru gravel feel.
- overly complex trigger system with small components and small springs ( decocker model)
- springs needed replaced early and were finicky.
- the chamber was too tight to feed reloads. the resizing die will not resize the bottom 1/8th inch, rounds were fired in this handgun.

While the ergonomics were top notch and wolff springs helped alot of the issues the soft aluminum frame in the early model caused too many issues. The screw above the trigger that held the trigger bar in engagement works lose under recoil even with ample amounts of blue locktite.
I would consider buying a steel frame cz75 in the future. I would replace the springs with wolff early and expect to need polishing to have a tolorable trigger.
The decocking mechanism was more of a PITA to work with than any other gun i've worked on. I've owned and worked on 1911s, sigs, glocks, rugers, M&Ps and hi-powers in semi auto. I've also owned and worked on s&w, ruger and taurus revolvers all easier than that decocker cz.

Everything you've said is just "i feel this way". Nothing you've said is factual. "Poor machining", lol, that's a good one.

ck1
07-09-12, 19:58
Had a P-01 that was flawless through approx. 3000rds, just got rid of it because I have spent a bunch of time shooting Shadows and prefer CZ's to be set-up "CZ-traditional": DA/SA w/ Safety, no decocker.
IMHO they're a "Czech Glock 19", great weapon.

An Undocumented Worker
07-09-12, 22:50
I'd have to see the evidence of soft framed P01's to believe it. In fact, the P01 had a forged alloy frame to make it tougher than the PCR, which has held up well. Again, da/sa is inferior, so it is way too bad they don't do full production on the P02.

The PCR frame is forged too.

runifucan
07-09-12, 22:57
Everything you've said is just "i feel this way". Nothing you've said is factual. "Poor machining", lol, that's a good one.

While my sample size is very limited with only having owned 2 alloy framed CZ both suffered from ( IMHO) excessive tooling marks internally resulting in a poor trigger. Tooling marks were deeper than a fingernail in width and depth. The CZ 85 I had did not have any tooling marks nearing this. The trigger bar and the slot in the frame that it rode in was the most notable in use. The aluminum frame on one example had a battered slide lock pin hole in less than 10,000 rounds. I haven't owned a CZ for about 6 years. I have read alot of positive reviews recently and would give one another chance if I weren't concentrating on m&p's

EDIT: Are the aluminum alloy frames anodized now?

ck1
07-10-12, 00:35
Haven't heard the P-02 mentioned in a while, almost forgot about those... too bad they went Omega-style clockwork as a P-02 type pistol with a CZ competition hammer would most definitely rock.

Think the guys who dig CZ's might get it when I whine a bit about the missed opportunity I see in CZ not making a "Shadow Compact" using a P-01-style lower and non-FPB top-end... I'm pretty jaded, but I could get excited about the type of tack-driving EDC laser-beam that would be.

Rowland_P
07-10-12, 05:19
I'm a CZ fan, too. Of all the pistols I carry concealed, I probably carry my CZ-75 Compact 9mm more than any other. It's comfortable, accurate and has been utterly reliable since I've had it. It's usually loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/My%20Guns/018.jpg

My CZ-75B seems to have a little trouble with Remington UMC 115 gr FMJs. Curiously, it's that single brand and bullet weight that give it trouble. Perhaps, one in fifty will fail to chamber. Switching brands or bullet weights fixes the issue.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/My%20Guns/021.jpg

My CZ-83 has been 100% reliable since I've had it. It's probably got a bit over 1,000 rounds through it - mostly FMJs of various brands, but alos 102 gr Golden Sabres and Gold Dots. It's accurate. But its big for a .380. The grip size is comparable to the CZ-75 Compact. I rarely carry this gun since I can conceal the CZ-75 Compact as easily.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/My%20Guns/022.jpg

m4brian
07-10-12, 07:42
Haven't heard the P-02 mentioned in a while, almost forgot about those... too bad they went Omega-style clockwork as a P-02 type pistol with a CZ competition hammer would most definitely rock.

Think the guys who dig CZ's might get it when I whine a bit about the missed opportunity I see in CZ not making a "Shadow Compact" using a P-01-style lower and non-FPB top-end... I'm pretty jaded, but I could get excited about the type of tack-driving EDC laser-beam that would be.

My own belief is that CZ-UB is very content doing police contracts and selling what results on the consumer market - and are very hung on the decocker for "combat" style pistols. The ultimate would be:

PCR or P01 frame, Manual safety, no FPB, Melonite slide and finish on all steel parts, and a tad extra attention to detail on the trigger. Oh yeah - Trijicons.

I have a tranisitonal with a near perfect SA trigger - it's a production gun.

Also... the large polymer gun, if made with a manual safety would ALSO be a hit.

An Undocumented Worker
07-10-12, 18:35

Make your own. You can get all the parts you need to eliminate the FPB from CZ Custom.

Rowland_P
07-10-12, 18:52

The only time I've seen the "soft alloy" issue arise is when people ask about installing a steel guide rod in their alloy framed pistol. It seems intuitive that this wouldn't be an issue since the guide rods doesn't batter around inside the frame. But photos posted on the CZ forums over the years of wear from steel rods suggest there may be some merit to the concern.

azeriosu85
07-13-12, 19:54
The only time I've seen the "soft alloy" issue arise is when people ask about installing a steel guide rod in their alloy framed pistol. It seems intuitive that this wouldn't be an issue since the guide rods doesn't batter around inside the frame. But photos posted on the CZ forums over the years of wear from steel rods suggest there may be some merit to the concern.

moral of that story...do not use steel guide rods, period actually. they weren't designed to use steel, and polymer are more forgiving as they allow flex and a smoother bearing surface than steel

dohc97
07-16-12, 20:05
My CZs..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/dohc97/My%20handguns/JUN_4103-2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/dohc97/My%20handguns/JUN_4107.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/dohc97/My%20handguns/JUN_3237.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/dohc97/My%20handguns/JUN_0833-1.jpg

bprice01
07-16-12, 20:58
A couple of Czech police surplus pre-Bs I duracoated:

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc447/bprice01/photo1-2-1.jpg

DZL HOG
07-26-12, 21:37
Nice pics.
I like my SP-01 Tactical, it shocked me how well it shot the first time I shot mine years ago.
38rds 10yds
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/DZLHOG/Fun%20Stuff/IMG_1169.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/DZLHOG/Fun%20Stuff/IMG.jpg
Mine seems to shoot to the right tho.

It doesnt seem to like Blazer Aluminum for some reason. I found that out the hard way a few years ago at Aim Fast Hit Fast.
Fun range gun, way more than I want to carry. I would love to pick up a 85C someday.

youngAR
07-31-12, 09:46
I LOVED CZ's! At one time I had a SP-01 Shadow, 75bblued, and VZ-58. The Shadow was actually my duty gun. I had a couple of problems though. Parts availability was one. I hated that I was limited to to one company for duty holsters and a handful of companies for replacement parts. The other problem I had was that nobody around my area would be able to work on it. For instance, my Shadow never locked back the slide on the last round. New mags and grip were changed, but it continued. Couldn't ship out my duty gun, as it was my only at the time.

White.Lightning
08-01-12, 08:18
Does anyone have any issues with racking the 'inverted slide' under stress? Meaning how the slide is narrower than the frame. Most others (Glock, H&K, Sig, M&P, etc) have the slides more pronounced. So under a dreaded malfunction- tap, rack, bang- the 'rack' portion appears to be easier on the others vs. a CZ. I want to grab a P01 for CCW but after handling one in the local store, I question the ability to rack the slide effortlessly under stress in the event of a malfunction.

I know training will be a crucial part of any handgun, but I figured I would see if others who carry CZ's questioned this as well. And later found it to be a non-issue.

I really love the CZ ergos. The P01 reminds me of a Glock 19 sized Sig P229. The P229 has the best grip setup for myself. Once I handled the P01, I fell in love.

bprice01
08-01-12, 09:37
Does anyone have any issues with racking the 'inverted slide' under stress? Meaning how the slide is narrower than the frame. Most others (Glock, H&K, Sig, M&P, etc) have the slides more pronounced. So under a dreaded malfunction- tap, rack, bang- the 'rack' portion appears to be easier on the others vs. a CZ. I want to grab a P01 for CCW but after handling one in the local store, I question the ability to rack the slide effortlessly under stress in the event of a malfunction.

I know training will be a crucial part of any handgun, but I figured I would see if others who carry CZ's questioned this as well. And later found it to be a non-issue.

I've had trouble with it.

White.Lightning
08-01-12, 09:44
I've had trouble with it.

Do you carry the CZ daily? Or do you use some other platform?

legumeofterror
08-01-12, 12:53
I have never missed/slipped off the slide of my CZ-75 while clearing induced malfunctions. People refer to the height of the slide as a concern, but I believe it is overstated and easily dealt with once familiar with the pistol.

White.Lightning
08-01-12, 13:42
I believe it is easily dealt with once familiar with the pistol.

Good to know and something to consider. I know the importance of training.

LightningFast
08-01-12, 13:46
I have never missed/slipped off the slide of my CZ-75 while clearing induced malfunctions. People refer to the height of the slide as a concern, but I believe it is overstated and easily dealt with once familiar with the pistol.

This. I used to think it was harder to deal with. But after realizing that most of the slide contact is done on top of the slide, rather than the sides... it's no problem at all.

m4brian
08-01-12, 13:57
One certain advantage of the CZ system is that the outside rails allow a high grip with absolutely no hindrance to the slide or hands.

carolvs
08-01-12, 14:23
Good to know and something to consider. I know the importance of training.

Totally a non-issue if one only carries CZs.

carolvs
08-01-12, 18:25
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9904/czsao.jpg

Just got my 75 back from the CZ Custom shop. They did an amazing job installing a flat-blade single-action-only trigger, new hammer and mainspring. Trigger is now 1911-ish, clean breaking at 3.2 pounds. It is like pushing a button. Here's their test target after the trigger job:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4196/czsaoproof.jpg

CFII
08-01-12, 18:40
That 75SA is HOT. I bet that shoots like a dream.

I am seriously thinking about getting a 75 to make single action or a Tactical Sport to shoot 3-gun.

youngAR
08-01-12, 19:17
Does anyone have any issues with racking the 'inverted slide' under stress?

Nope. Went through instructor school and the academy with difficulty in "sling shoting" it.

fixit69
08-01-12, 19:30
I have a older model CZ75. No decocker, manual safety. Fits the hand great, but I have never put it through a high round count. It is accurate and has done everything I have asked of it through 500.

Need to wring out this pistol and see for myself...

bprice01
08-01-12, 19:53
Do you carry the CZ daily? Or do you use some other platform?

Casual shooter. Mostly just tinker with them. I primarily shoot the M&P. I wouldn't let the slide height turn you off from it.

An Undocumented Worker
08-02-12, 22:41
I carry a PCR concealed, works great and has 3,000+ through it. The only malfunction it had was on some bulk UMC that had issues with bullet setback upon chambering. Otherwise I can't complain about it at all. Even carrying it in the summer with minimal maintenance I've had no problems with corrosion on any of the steel parts either.

I'm not saying everyone should try it, but it works well for me and don't give it any second thoughts.

Brian Brazier
08-17-12, 01:38
I am planning on adding a CZ 75b to my collection next month, what is the difference between a standard model and the Omega?

m4brian
08-17-12, 07:52
Omega is simpler, has a different feel, and can swap from decocker to manual safety. Even though decockers are useless, the Omega one is much better ergonomically than the one on the PCR and P01, which is crappy in this regard.

With the B model, I don't think the Omega is necessary, but MAY be more crisp in SA.

That the P01 is not made with the Omega is a travesty. (And no, the P02 is not generally available).

legumeofterror
08-17-12, 09:32
Omega is simpler, has a different feel, and can swap from decocker to manual safety. Even though decockers are useless, the Omega one is much better ergonomically than the one on the PCR and P01, which is crappy in this regard.

With the B model, I don't think the Omega is necessary, but MAY be more crisp in SA.

That the P01 is not made with the Omega is a travesty. (And no, the P02 is not generally available).

The 75B Omega cannot accept a decocker.

The differences between the B and Omega are in the ergonomic. The Omaga hass all of the frame shape improvements of the SP01 and P01, including the extended magazine release, as well simplified trigger components, improves hammer, and a different shaped trigger. The DA and SA trigger pulls are better on the Omega in my experience.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4006.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4008.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4012.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4015.jpg

Brian Brazier
08-17-12, 12:18
The 75B Omega cannot accept a decocker.

The differences between the B and Omega are in the ergonomic. The Omaga hass all of the frame shape improvements of the SP01 and P01, including the extended magazine release, as well simplified trigger components, improves hammer, and a different shaped trigger. The DA and SA trigger pulls are better on the Omega in my experience.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4006.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4008.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4012.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/LegumeOfTerror/75b/IMG_4015.jpg

Thanks for the info, I will see if my ffl can order the get an Omega

legumeofterror
08-17-12, 13:22
Thanks for the info, I will see if my ffl can order the get an Omega

As far as I know, the Omega was only imported once a few years ago, with 2000 or so coming in from a cancelled contract.

Noodle
08-17-12, 21:47
Love to see the love for the CZs! I have a 75B in 9mm and an SP-01 Tactical in .40. Love both. Both fit my hand very well. Both are super accurate! CZ has some of the best metal guns out there. Great grips for a smaller hand. Want a P-01!! Love CZ!

Brian Brazier
08-17-12, 23:31
If I cannot find an Omega for sale I will go with the SA

m4brian
08-18-12, 08:14
As far as I know, the Omega was only imported once a few years ago, with 2000 or so coming in from a cancelled contract.

Again, it is a real shame that the real advantage of the CZ, which is the manual safety, is an afterthought in its more 'advanced' and lightweight versions. The simply do not offer the manual safety in ANY lightweight 75 spinoff - a testimony to their short-sighted marketing.

Good ideas are contract over-runs.

A PCR with a manual safety is a dream-gun...

.45's and .38's
08-18-12, 21:49
loved my old cz 82. great little gun. i shoot lefty & I am really picky with my ambi safetys but that gun had a very easy to reach safety. 9x18 ammo was so spendy locally at 18 a box I had to sell it. "(

Brian Brazier
10-30-12, 15:26
Well I just ordered a CZ 75B Omega model 91113 with 3 magazines, guess they did another run of Omegas :dance3: mine isnt here yet, but here is some Omega porn.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/IMG_1332.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/IMG_1432.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/TxaZ5.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/cz75_0023.jpg

m4brian
10-30-12, 18:03
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/2d3153d0fe0c9b6e941e565c7dc69b62c440198.jpg

NonB or Transitional to some. Best OTB trigger I have ever felt on a 75.

usdmsw21
10-30-12, 19:37
My primary carry is a CZ-75B. Only mod so far are Nill grips, which improved the already awesome ergos. When I went to the gun shop I was looking for a Walther P99, but handling both side-by-side I came home with the CZ.

I'd like change to the SAO trigger, and perhaps a night sight, but that's it. I'd like to add a RAMI to the stable but I need an AR first.

Nice gun! You have good taste sir. If you decide to go single action, you will have to file the top edge of the Nill grips down a bit to clear the different safety. That's what I did and it turned out well. I also installed the competition hammer and Trijicon night sights. The hammer made a huge improvement, as did the sights. Attached is a crappy photo of my CZ 75 B SA and P-01. :)

Suwannee Tim
10-30-12, 19:43
Does this count?

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/allentimfrank/P1020767_zps9f7df97f.jpg

550 American Safari Magnum, 458 Win mag. That's a 200 yard target shot offhand. No, I don't claim to be able to shoot like that all the time. I was red hot that day and lucky with that group. It would have been a 10 shot group but I stopped at 5.

Brian Brazier
10-30-12, 19:51
Nice gun! You have good taste sir. If you decide to go single action, you will have to file the top edge of the Nill grips down a bit to clear the different safety. That's what I did and it turned out well. I also installed the competition hammer and Trijicon night sights. The hammer made a huge improvement, as did the sights. Attached is a crappy photo of my CZ 75 B SA and P-01. :)

The last two posts have some nice CZ's, I especially like the non B model. The P-01 is also nice, my friend let me shoot his this weekend, I really liked it, but I am not a rail lover. I cannot wait till my 75B Omega gets here. I also have a Beretta M9 on the way, my 9mm collection is almost complete :big_boss:

TriviaMonster
10-31-12, 11:11
My first pistol was almost a CZ SP-01 Phantom that was on clearance at a great price. For some reason I passed it up and I don't remember why. It was a steal of a deal, I think around $450 BNIB.

I think some of my dislike came from the size as I was looking for something smaller to CCW eventually. The decocker was another turnoff, albeit not a huge deal breraker. I do remember the gun having a sweet SA, but the DA needed some time to smooth out.

Like many, I have been dreaming for years about a P-01 with a MS instead of a decocker. The P-01 is one of the best feeling guns to hold that I have ever felt, maybe even the best.

I may just have to get a regular P-01 as I can live with the decocker. I still don't really see the point of a decocker. I think it's just an excuse to use the DA pull occasionally.

I may just save up and try for a 75 Tac Sport or Shadow or a Shadow T-SA something like that. That Bi-Tone Tactical Sport is the most beautiful gun I have ever seen, bar none. The fact that it shoots like crazy is icing on the cake. Why are there so many CZ's that I like, but no "perfect" CZ a.k.a. the P-01 with a MS.:confused:

Brian Brazier
12-20-12, 00:44
Here she is, 75B Omega 3mags and Night Sights

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/DSCN0100.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/DSCN0101.jpg

legumeofterror
12-20-12, 09:23
My first pistol was almost a CZ SP-01 Phantom that was on clearance at a great price. For some reason I passed it up and I don't remember why. It was a steal of a deal, I think around $450 BNIB.

I think some of my dislike came from the size as I was looking for something smaller to CCW eventually. The decocker was another turnoff, albeit not a huge deal breraker. I do remember the gun having a sweet SA, but the DA needed some time to smooth out.

Like many, I have been dreaming for years about a P-01 with a MS instead of a decocker. The P-01 is one of the best feeling guns to hold that I have ever felt, maybe even the best.

I may just have to get a regular P-01 as I can live with the decocker. I still don't really see the point of a decocker. I think it's just an excuse to use the DA pull occasionally.

I may just save up and try for a 75 Tac Sport or Shadow or a Shadow T-SA something like that. That Bi-Tone Tactical Sport is the most beautiful gun I have ever seen, bar none. The fact that it shoots like crazy is icing on the cake. Why are there so many CZ's that I like, but no "perfect" CZ a.k.a. the P-01 with a MS.:confused:

There is the P02 if you can find one. It can be converted between manual saftey and a decocker.

White.Lightning
12-20-12, 10:08
I'm still inquiring about purchasing a CZ. I am looking for a new EDC CCW- I'm currently using a Ruger LCP. The CZ75 P01 and the Glock19 Gen4 have some up as my final two choices for this new EDC CCW weapon.

The Glock obviously has a huge aftermarket, and holster availability. The CZ doesn't have as many resources. A custom kydex IWB could be made, but there is no 'blue gun' available for molding. They only offer a CZ75 and CZ75 compact (no rail). Sure, I cold get the CZ75 D PCR Compact, but I like the P01 since I can run a weapon light if i want to.

Thoughts?

CC556
12-20-12, 10:19
I'm still inquiring about purchasing a CZ. I am looking for a new EDC CCW- I'm currently using a Ruger LCP. The CZ75 P01 and the Glock19 Gen4 have some up as my final two choices for this new EDC CCW weapon.

The Glock obviously has a huge aftermarket, and holster availability. The CZ doesn't have as many resources. A custom kydex IWB could be made, but there is no 'blue gun' available for molding. They only offer a CZ75 and CZ75 compact (no rail). Sure, I cold get the CZ75 D PCR Compact, but I like the P01 since I can run a weapon light if i want to.

Thoughts?

My SP-01 fits very well into a leather Glock 19 holster (with the muzzle sticking out the bottom a bit) if you're looking at a P-01 at a local place and they have holsters ask them if you can try putting it into a leather holster for a G19/17/22/23 etc...

White.Lightning
12-20-12, 10:26
My SP-01 fits very well into a leather Glock 19 holster (with the muzzle sticking out the bottom a bit) if you're looking at a P-01 at a local place and they have holsters ask them if you can try putting it into a leather holster for a G19/17/22/23 etc...

Good to know, but I want an IWB kydex holster.

An Undocumented Worker
12-20-12, 12:05

Thoughts?

Been carrying my PCR for 4 years now. Great pistol.

As strange as this sounds the full size 75b's are narrower than the compact alloy 75 variants, it may be less than 1/8" difference but you can feel a difference when carrying em.

legumeofterror
12-20-12, 14:51
Good to know, but I want an IWB kydex holster.

Blade-tech makes them.

White.Lightning
12-20-12, 14:53
Blade-tech makes them.

Well look at that! I never checked their website, and I've been on a LOT. Haha. Thanks.

Pilot1
12-22-12, 04:52

I bought my 75B in 1999 and have thousands of rounds through it with no stoppages or slide stop issues. The only thing I've done is change out some springs occassionally. It is also dead nuts accurate.

My daily carry gun is a CZ-75D PCR which has the lightweight alloy frame like the P-01 but with no light rail. I bought that in 2000, and also has thousands of rounds and still looks and functions like new.

In addition I've had the wonderful .22LR Kadet Kit conversion which works on both my 75B and PCR. It is accurate, and reliable, rivaling my Ruger MK II's. It is a great training tool also as it allows very inexpensive practice with any CZ-75 variant.

The PCR

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/44cody/cz75_13.jpg

Kadet Kit .22LR conversion unit

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/lahilljack/mags/CZKadetkit.jpg

Pilot1
12-22-12, 05:02

Thoughts?

I chose the PCR over the P-01 because it is primarily my carry pistol. I like that it is slimmer in the muzzle for CCW, and I don't want a light on a carry pistol. It also does occassional nightstand duty, but I prefer a seperate flashlight to a rail mounted light anyway, but that is just me. The PCR is one of the better all around pistols for carry, range and home defense I have ever had. The P-01 is a great choice also though.

White.Lightning
12-22-12, 06:52
I chose the PCR over the P-01 because it is primarily my carry pistol. I like that it is slimmer in the muzzle for CCW, and I don't want a light on a carry pistol. It also does occassional nightstand duty, but I prefer a seperate flashlight to a rail mounted light anyway, but that is just me. The PCR is one of the better all around pistols for carry, range and home defense I have ever had. The P-01 is a great choice also though.

I would use this pistol as my EDC CCW, but it also serves as a night stand gun as well. I've never had a weapon light, but would like the provisions to be there, if I ever wanted one. My friend has a bunch of handguns, and a couple weapon lights, I'll check his out in the interim.