PDA

View Full Version : Center industries tan follower mag

Jerik1m4
05-01-12, 19:37
I'm just curious, those of you who use or have used the new magazines
have you noticed some of them being tight in the receiver?

Almost like they weren't welded properly, I have around 20-30 of the center industries new style mag and also noticed that the front of the
mag where it was folded over and welded(or whatever) has a little space.

Where as the Okay and Colt GI mags I have don't have that space. I'll try to post pictures soon(I can't ever get them to post properly)

So far I've only noticed about 7 of them that don't drop free and fit tight in the magwell but didn't know if that may be isolated or if its common. It doesn't seem to affect function at all, it is just annoying.

Jerik1m4
05-01-12, 19:53

the left one is a Colt
the right one is the Center Ind.

Jerik1m4
05-01-12, 20:00

Top is the Center Ind. with the gap I mentioned
Bottom is the same Colt as the other picture

samuse
05-01-12, 21:30
I was given a bunch of those last year.

Out of about 30 or so, almost half don't drop free.

Never really notice it when I'm actually using the gun, but they do seem to get better with use.

sinlessorrow
05-01-12, 21:57
I was given a bunch of those last year.

Out of about 30 or so, almost half don't drop free.

Never really notice it when I'm actually using the gun, but they do seem to get better with use.

yep, the 20 I had were tight at first but cycling them a lot fixed them

I wonder if alot of the ones on the market for civilians are rejects?

Doc Safari
05-02-12, 09:51
I'm going to try to look for the thread or post later, but I've got to do some stuff at the ranch right now.

I seem to remember that Center Industries mags fit some manufacturers' receivers more tightly than others.

Anyone else remember that?

Almost every mag I've stuck in my BCM receivers has been just right, except for a Brownells twenty-rounder that I'm about ready to throw out for being too tight.

Jmacken37
05-02-12, 09:57
I bought a bunch of Center mags after the ban expired and had the same problems. I've avoided Center since then. Too many great alternatives.

Jake

Jerik1m4
05-02-12, 10:01
Update: I found 1 mag that would not fit
In my DD mk18 period, do I took the spring
And follower and tossed the body.

I could see where the top most weld was crap.
I'm starting to wonder if these weren't some sort
Of reject/seconds type thing. Worse comes to worse
I have plenty if new springs and followers to rebuild
My old GI mags.

Todd00000
05-03-12, 09:23
Just inspected some tan follower mags at the range today, they were clean and fit in the M4s perfectly.

samuse
05-03-12, 20:29
yep, the 20 I had were tight at first but cycling them a lot fixed them

I wonder if alot of the ones on the market for civilians are rejects?

Mine were never on the market for civilians...:ph34r:

pira114
05-04-12, 06:30
Update: I found 1 mag that would not fit
In my DD mk18 period, do I took the spring
And follower and tossed the body.

I could see where the top most weld was crap.
I'm starting to wonder if these weren't some sort
Of reject/seconds type thing. Worse comes to worse
I have plenty if new springs and followers to rebuild
My old GI mags.

I can tell you the one in your pic don't look right. Unless it's just the pic, but it looks like the gap you're talking about isn't even the same from top to bottom. Could be just me, but that pic doesn't look quite right.

Jerik1m4
05-04-12, 10:37
I can tell you the one in your pic don't look right. Unless it's just the pic, but it looks like the gap you're talking about isn't even the same from top to bottom. Could be just me, but that pic doesn't look quite right.

The pic is correct as far as where the gap is,
It's the same on all the mags. But the wierd
Thing is a majority of the mags work great!
It's just a select few, but all of them have the gap

Doc Safari
05-04-12, 10:45
The pic is correct as far as where the gap is,
It's the same on all the mags. But the wierd
Thing is a majority of the mags work great!
It's just a select few, but all of them have the gap

What brand is your lower receiver?

Jerik1m4
05-04-12, 19:59
What brand is your lower receiver?

I have a Daniel defense mk18
A saber defense lower and also
A palmetto armory lower.

All have the same results with the same
Offending mags.

ronin9
05-04-12, 23:30
I know for a fact that there was an oversized Center made batch dated 1-10 (that doesn’t mean that all 1-10 production were oversized however). By oversized, I mean that new/just removed from the plastic, they would not drop free from any of the 8 Colt Defense lowers I had on hand at the time (and required extra-effort to seat/lock in place). That is the only batch of tan follower mags that I have personally experienced any issue with...... in my experience, the new enhanced mags feed as well as GI's wilth magpul followers, or Pmags.

If you guys have any oversized, it may be of value to note/post the production date.

Jerik1m4
05-05-12, 06:32
I know for a fact that there was an oversized Center made batch dated 1-10 (that doesn’t mean that all 1-10 production were oversized however). By oversized, I mean that new/just removed from the plastic, they would not drop free from any of the 8 Colt Defense lowers I had on hand at the time (and required extra-effort to seat/lock in place). That is the only batch of tan follower mags that I have personally experienced any issue with...... in my experience, the new enhanced mags feed as well as GI's wilth magpul followers, or Pmags.

If you guys have any oversized, it may be of value to note/post the production date.

I checked all my mags. It does look like they are dated 1/10.
Looks like I found my culprit! Thanks for the info! It helps me
From not losing my mind.

Doc Safari
05-05-12, 19:16
Mine are dated 6/10.

The few I've tried fit fine.