PDA

View Full Version : SF E2E??

Ranger325
05-02-12, 10:16
Anyone have experience with a SureFire E2E, Executive Elite? I know they are a discontinued item, but a local shop has them for under 50 bucks, which is supposedly half off. Thinking of it for a house/truck light and it seems like a really good deal and the SF site says they still honor the warranty and have some parts available.

Thanks for your input……………………………

ST911
05-02-12, 18:50
E2E uses the MN3 lamp, same as the E2D. These have been rendered largely obsolete by cheaper and brighter LEDs. For what they are, they are excellent and they were mainstays in EDC lights for a long time. They remain quite serviceable.

I have a drawer of those lights and spares that I really need to do something with, but I keep getting one out occasionally.

beavo451
05-02-12, 19:18
Great lights in their day, but obsolete. There are smaller, lighter, brighter, and more efficient LED offerings.

I've got an E2 (pre-elite) that's still going strong. Got a little bit of finish wear though.

Ranger325
05-02-12, 20:21
Thanks - are they worth $50, or is my money better spent elsewhere?

beavo451
05-02-12, 20:37
Probably not.

Jetbeam BC10
Quark MiniX123
Fenix E21 or PD30

Just a few examples of small LED lights where your $50 would be better going. There are many other good lights that are similar size with brighter and longer runtimes for the same amount of money.

Caeser25
05-02-12, 20:49
It's size makes it a great edc light if you pony up for a new head. Kx2c or tnvc (might be a bit large for edc never owned one)

oef24
05-02-12, 22:02
I think the E2E is the perfect EDC light. If the model you are looking for is the older incandescent version, I would purchase a Veleno Design drop-in that will turn the light into a 250 lumen torch. You can pick-up the drop-in bulb at www.lighthound.com. I have a few of those drop-ins and prefer the single mode for tactical use. Great runtime. Here is a link.

http://www.lighthound.com/Veleno-Designs-E-series-Drop-In-Cool-White-LED-Single-Mode_p_3943.html

O

Violator
05-04-12, 10:54
I picked one up about a year ago from a Bass Pro and I've carried it as a daily since then. Yea it may be an old design but wtf ever. It's still able to be serviced and is just as solid as the rest of SF's lineup. FWIW I daily carry mine now in Afghanistan. For under $50 you'd be hard pressed to find a "better" light.

Ranger325
05-04-12, 12:39
Thank you for all your input!!

Yojimbo
05-04-12, 17:55
I think the E2E is the perfect EDC light. If the model you are looking for is the older incandescent version, I would purchase a Veleno Design drop-in that will turn the light into a 250 lumen torch. You can pick-up the drop-in bulb at www.lighthound.com. I have a few of those drop-ins and prefer the single mode for tactical use. Great runtime. Here is a link.

http://www.lighthound.com/Veleno-Designs-E-series-Drop-In-Cool-White-LED-Single-Mode_p_3943.html

O

+1 to the Veleno LED drop in! This LED drop in gave new life to my E2e lights.

The E2e is still my favorite EDC light it's just the perfect size. I always keep an eye out for used ones, $50 is a great deal!