PDA

View Full Version : A BM Carbon sucker punch...

Artos
05-02-12, 10:45
Why will only the front take down pin let go on this joke of a gun..or what is the common factor for those that have seen it before??

An old friend asked me to shoot his AR as it was not grouping & he just had shouder surgery...I was not expecting for him to hand this over. The mount is clearly an obvious issue as the scope moves with even slight pressure. All I wanted was to check bolt/lube before I shot and have no intention of further disassembly.

I have no idea where the appeal is for a plastic AR but rear pin will not clear. Gonna start saying no when cheap is clearly the objective.

Safetyhit
05-02-12, 10:49
Why will only the front take down pin let go on this joke of a gun..or what is the common factor for those that have seen it before??

An old friend asked me to shoot his AR as it was not grouping & he just had shouder surgery...I was not expecting for him to hand this over. The mount is clearly an obvious issue as the scope moves with even slight pressure. All I wanted was to check bolt/lube before I shot and have no intention of further disassembly.

I have no idea where the appeal is for a plastic AR but rear pin will not clear. Gonna start saying no when cheap is clearly the objective.

Do him a favor and throw it in the nearest lake.

ASH556
05-02-12, 10:50
The buffer isn't captured on these. In fact, the whole buffer/recoil system uses non-standard parts. Take out the front pivot pin and slide the upper forward to separate it from the lower. Watch out for the non-captured recoil components.

(No I never owned one...I worked in a gun shop that sold a few)

Artos
05-02-12, 10:56
The buffer isn't captured on these. In fact, the whole buffer/recoil system uses non-standard parts. Take out the front pivot pin and slide the upper forward to separate it from the lower. Watch out for the non-captured recoil components.

(No I never owned one...I worked in a gun shop that sold a few)

Thanks...I don't need learn a new platform I will never mess with again.

I'll just swap mounts and test for grouping.

ASH556
05-02-12, 11:13
For anyone not grasping what I tried to explain above, here's a pic I stole from TOS:

That "nipple" on the front of the buffer fits into the rear of the bolt carrier. That's why you can't "open" the upper by removing the rear takedown pin.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/mercdank/carbon.jpg