PDA

View Full Version : ALG defense ACT trigger

FN in MT
05-03-12, 09:13
Installed one of the ALG Defense "combat triggers" in a well used Spikes lower yesterday. This one is the $65 model. Supposed to be far less creep and a crisper break than a stock GI unit. Manufactured by a sister company to Geissle in PA.

The unit is overall a titanium grey color, so it stands out a bit. No "G" stamped on the side of the trigger like the other Geissele units either.

Install was no issue, nothing different than a stock unit. I lubed with some grease where they suggested in the thorough and easy to understand instruction sheet.

As soon as I dry fired it a few times I could feel an area of slight creep at maybe the halfway point. Like a 2 stage let off.

I was losing light, so took it out for a quick one magazine test.

After about 20 rds with a 5.45x39 upper the "creep" halfway through the pull suddenly went away. Maybe the lube distributed itself, or maybe I missed a small piece of dirt/grit?

Without a pull gauge I'd give this an educated guess as a 4.5-5# pull.

As installed right now this is a far better trigger than the one in my new DD or the one that came in my old LWRC, which I replaced with the Geissele SSA-E model.

Where this unit would shine IMHO would be as part of a quality LPK. Your spending money on a T&H anyway...this one seems to be decent right out of the box.

I'm no Expert. Your mileage may vary.
But for MY requirements; a safe , reasonably priced and moderately light trigger. This unit meets those specs. Very "shootable" for me, looking forward to putting some rds down range with it today on a couple of different uppers.

Yesterday I noticed that Brownell's now shows the ALG's in stock as well.

FN in MT

JSantoro
05-03-12, 10:56
Please use the Search functions to see if a topic already exists prior to posting a new thread. It's not considered necroposting in an older, inactive thread if one adds new info or asks a question that hasn't been addressed.

Orange-button Search, keywords "ALG Defense" netted the following:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97266

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101887