PDA

View Full Version : AAR--T.F.T.T Vehicle Engagement Tactics

Bluedreaux
05-03-12, 10:59
A few weeks ago I attended a 1 day abbreviated Vehicle Engagement Tactics Course with TFTT. http://www.tftt.com/

The instructor for the course was the company's founder, Max Joseph. There were 14 student, which really wasn't too many as a lot of what we did was in 2 man teams.

The course consisted of a briefly instruction on motorcade operations and vehicle assaults. There was about an hour of warm up shooting and review of two man tactics before we started with the drills.

The bulk of the course involved shooting from vehicles and drill involving movement from the vehcle after being engaged. We also shot through the door at 90* and 45* angles to see what would penetrate and look at deflection. The car was placed at a 90* angle to the range and we skipped rounds off of the hood and trunk lid to see what angles the ricochet left the car at and how far away from the car we needed to be to use it as cover.

This was my second Max Joseph class and I can't say enough good things about him. He's a very demanding instructor. "Lunch" is ten minutes to load magazines and grab a quick bite and then you're back on the line. You'll definitely get your moneys worth.

Max does a lot of shooting, but not a lot of shooting instruction. He nearly exclusively requires head shots and expects you to be a shooter when you arrive.

Max's teaching method is very building block-ish. Before shooting through the front windshield we discussed when and why you would need to, then he explained the drill and why he is teaching us the methods he is, you do dry runs until he knows you're safe and then you repeat the drill live fire....over and over.

I'd definitely recommend the course and hope to attend some more TFTT courses in the future.

If anyone has any specific questions about the course I'd be happy to answer them.