PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 17S: Suppressor Suggestions

BushmasterFanBoy
05-03-12, 12:44
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new SCAR 17S and added a flash hider from MidWay USA http://www.midwayusa.com/product/873121/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-51-tooth-scar-h-sd-miter-suppressor-mount-ar-10-lr-308-5-8-24-thread-steel-matte
I was thinking of perhaps purchasing a suppressor. My first question was does anyone have any idea of the current offering that is out there? I believe the military types use some version of the AAC product, but I was wondering what the forum suggests. I would like one that is compatible with this flash hider of course.

Also as this would be my first suppressor purchase I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations of a good dealer in the Ohio area?
Thanks everyone!

Stephen_H
05-03-12, 13:40
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new SCAR 17S and added a flash hider from MidWay USA http://www.midwayusa.com/product/346884/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-51-tooth-spr-m4-miter-suppressor-mount-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte
I was thinking of perhaps purchasing a suppressor. My first question was does anyone have any idea of the current offering that is out there? I believe the military types use some version of the AAC product, but I was wondering what the forum suggests. I would like one that is compatible with this flash hider of course.

Also as this would be my first suppressor purchase I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations of a good dealer in the Ohio area?
Thanks everyone!

I have a Surefire on the way for mine (should clear Form 4 any day now) and it's tough to beat their suppressors accuracy, durability, and sound suppression. I have also shot, and was very impressed with, the AAC SDN6.

There is only one suppressor on the market for the mount you purchased and that is the AAC SD SCAR-H. As I understand it, it is no longer in production (or at the least is not a stock item).

Stephen

SteadyUp
05-03-12, 14:33
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new SCAR 17S and added a flash hider from MidWay USA http://www.midwayusa.com/product/346884/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-51-tooth-spr-m4-miter-suppressor-mount-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte

Thanks everyone!

The flash hider you linked to is for an AAC suppressor in 5.56 NATO. The SCAR 17S is 7.62 NATO, so you might want to return the flash hider.

BushmasterFanBoy
05-03-12, 14:36
The flash hider you linked to is for an AAC suppressor in 5.56 NATO. The SCAR 17S is 7.62 NATO, so you might want to return the flash hider.

Hahaha sorry my bad. I'll update the original post with the correct link. Thanks for catching that.

Turnkey11
05-03-12, 20:42
Im following Stephen's lead on this one, Ive got a FH762SV-SCAR on order, now I need to buy the SV can...

BushmasterFanBoy
08-14-12, 23:04
Anyone know what Surefire muzzle devices are availible for the SCAR 17S? I can't seem to find any online.

hkusp1
08-15-12, 00:11
AAC 7.62 sdn6 with the 51 tooth brake or the comp, you will get a lot of ping with the flash hider.

Turnkey11
08-15-12, 08:26
Anyone know what Surefire muzzle devices are availible for the SCAR 17S? I can't seem to find any online.

FH762K-SCAR-HC for FA762K and MINI-762 suppressors.
FH762SV-SCAR for the FA762SS suppressor.

Both are special order, I got my 762sv mount through Cobra Tactical, took about 6 weeks.

FnKev
08-15-12, 23:15
I recently picked up an SND-6 for my 17. Couldn't be happier with my choice. If you decide to go the route of AAC, make sure you attach a flash hider to your SCAR. AAC does not recommend the use of their muzzle breaks or breakouts due to the Scar not having a big enough shoulder to mount them properly and have noted that it could lead to baffle strikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyLqSVZaAAQ&feature=player_detailpage