PDA

View Full Version : redacted

VooDoo6Actual
05-04-12, 07:32
redacted.

5pins
05-04-12, 08:11
http://info.publicintelligence.net/USArmy-InternmentResettlement.pdf

When I tried to view that sight on a Gov computer I got a message saying sight was blocked because of hostile content.

GTifosi
05-04-12, 08:37
Right click link above, 'save as' then open it after its DL'd

30 cal slut
05-04-12, 17:41
I can scarcely believe what I'm reading.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-04-12, 17:58
What part of that document is supposed to shock me? I must not be reading into it enough.

a0cake
05-04-12, 18:15
I'm pretty familiar with this FM. While I am uncomfortable with some of the language and the scope of the mission central to the manual (SOME of it does in fact apply to US citizens, and that is what I'm uncomfortable with), it is commonly misquoted and misunderstood by those who lack the analytic ability to break it down or simply choose not to because they've already made up their minds about what it means.

Here's one example of many:

On page 7-4 (146 in Adobe Reader), you will find the following text:

"7-16. Individual identification photographs are taken of all prisoners. The prisoner’s last name, first name,
and middle initial are placed on the first line of a name board, and the prisoner’s social security number (MY EMPHASIS) is
placed on the second line. A prisoner registration number may be added on the third line. Two front and
two profile pictures are taken of the prisoner. Fingerprints are obtained according to AR 190-47."

This portion of the FM is often used as a smoking gun to say "hey, look at how the US Military is planning to treat US Citizens once martial law is declared. Foreign nationals don't have SSN's." In regard to the above passage, Paul Watson of PrisonPlanet.com said "last time I checked, the United States Social Security Administration was not responsible for handing out social security numbers to people in Afghanistan or Iraq."

Well, here's the thing. If you read that quote in context, it is specifically referring to the processing of US MILITARY PERSONNEL who have committed crimes, not US civilians. You'll have to go back 10 or so pages to see that a new section on US .MIL prisoners has been introduced. Seen in this light, there's nothing shocking about the use of social security numbers to identify prisoners.

Mistakes like this one are commonly propagated by many of the more radical theorists out there who are less concerned with the truth than validating their own beliefs.

I'm not saying that we should not be concerned about this document and the underlying message it sends. There are certainly troubling things about parts of it. But we need to keep our heads screwed on straight and not throw our logical tools a critical reasoning skills out the window.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-04-12, 19:34
I'd be more surprised if the US Army didn't have a way of dealing with populations after a conflict or disaster. Everyone complains there was no plan after the invasion of Iraq, so here is broad template and people bitch about that.

Moose-Knuckle
05-04-12, 19:36
FM 3-39.40
INTERNMENT AND RESETTLEMENT OPERATIONS

in·tern
verb \ˈin-ˌtərn, in-ˈ\

transitive verb

: to confine or impound especially during a war (intern enemy aliens)

resettlement

noun

the transportation of people (as a family or colony) to a new settlement (as after an upheaval of some kind)

Everyone complains there was no plan after the invasion of Iraq, so here is broad template and people bitch about that.

The problem is when we are talking about CONUS, not some far flung shit hole.

Mo_Zam_Beek
05-05-12, 01:09
The very first thing everyone should read is section 2.39 and 2.40 (applicability to US Citizens on US Soil).

While I am not ready to say that this is a pernicious document, when viewed in conjunction with some of the troubling aspects of NDAA as well the recent EO giving the President total control over all means of production, all food, all water, all transportation systems, even in peacetime - yeah, this document makes one at least raise an eyebrow.

Good luck

GTifosi
05-05-12, 05:55
Spook through FM 3-28 Civil Support Operations if you want some more amusement as its written entirely around federal military assets and thier use in disaster, *CBRNE incidents and direct support for domestic law enforcement agencies.

Gets into legal too, including Constitutionality, Posse Comitatus and a pile of others.

*chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or high-yield explosives incident

11B101ABN
05-05-12, 06:05
FM 3-39.40
INTERNMENT AND RESETTLEMENT OPERATIONS

The problem is when we are talking about CONUS, not some far flung shit hole.

So, because it's CONUS, the Army should not plan for any eventuality?

Artos
05-05-12, 07:01

Not if it conflicts with our constitution & living as a free man the way our founding fathers intended...maybe we should ask some LA residents who went through Katrina if the doc raises any specific concerns. Ya know, just for some on hand insight regarding constitutional rights being violated while protecting their property.

Sensei
05-05-12, 08:30
Not if it conflicts with our constitution & living as a free man the way our founding fathers intended...maybe we should ask some LA residents who went through Katrina if the doc raises any specific concerns. Ya know, just for some on hand insight regarding constitutional rights being violated while protecting their property.

Interestingly, most of the constitutional violations after Katrina came at the hands of local government. This includes the seizure of firearms (idea hatched by Ray Nagin and Chief Compass) as well as the abandonment of thousands of prisoners by the local sheriff.

Moose-Knuckle
05-05-12, 15:16

Why would the Army EVER need to intern and or resettle me?

CarlosDJackal
05-06-12, 21:42
I'd be more surprised if the US Army didn't have a way of dealing with populations after a conflict or disaster. Everyone complains there was no plan after the invasion of Iraq, so here is broad template and people bitch about that.

Same here. People are shocked and disgusted when they find out that there are FMs that deal with almost every contingency. But they are even more disgusted when an emergency occurs and there isn't anything in place to deal with it (IE: 09/11/2011).

Damned if you do and damned if you don't!!

11B101ABN
05-07-12, 06:03

I don't know. Which is why I asked the question.

11B101ABN
05-07-12, 06:07

I would imagine that if the .mil was undertaking these operations, then something no shit bad has happened, and your idealism will have been probably tempered somewhat.

Artos
05-07-12, 06:56
I would imagine that if the .mil was undertaking these operations, then something no shit bad has happened, and your idealism will have been probably tempered somewhat.

There were isolated incidents with the national guard during katrina, so your assumption would be wrong. It's a prefect case study of why forceable relocation can be an evil undertaking.

The bigger question is why so willing to accept foggy verbiage from the govt?? History tells us free man should always question that which could infringe on said freedom. This doc could use a redline revision.

Don't tread on me...

SMETNA
05-07-12, 07:18

Because you smell

:D

QuietShootr
05-07-12, 08:16
I'm pretty familiar with this FM. While I am uncomfortable with some of the language and the scope of the mission central to the manual (SOME of it does in fact apply to US citizens, and that is what I'm uncomfortable with), it is commonly misquoted and misunderstood by those who lack the analytic ability to break it down or simply choose not to because they've already made up their minds about what it means.

Here's one example of many:

On page 7-4 (146 in Adobe Reader), you will find the following text:

"7-16. Individual identification photographs are taken of all prisoners. The prisoner’s last name, first name,
and middle initial are placed on the first line of a name board, and the prisoner’s social security number (MY EMPHASIS) is
placed on the second line. A prisoner registration number may be added on the third line. Two front and
two profile pictures are taken of the prisoner. Fingerprints are obtained according to AR 190-47."

This portion of the FM is often used as a smoking gun to say "hey, look at how the US Military is planning to treat US Citizens once martial law is declared. Foreign nationals don't have SSN's." In regard to the above passage, Paul Watson of PrisonPlanet.com said "last time I checked, the United States Social Security Administration was not responsible for handing out social security numbers to people in Afghanistan or Iraq."

Well, here's the thing. If you read that quote in context, it is specifically referring to the processing of US MILITARY PERSONNEL who have committed crimes, not US civilians. You'll have to go back 10 or so pages to see that a new section on US .MIL prisoners has been introduced. Seen in this light, there's nothing shocking about the use of social security numbers to identify prisoners.

Mistakes like this one are commonly propagated by many of the more radical theorists out there who are less concerned with the truth than validating their own beliefs.

I'm not saying that we should not be concerned about this document and the underlying message it sends. There are certainly troubling things about parts of it. But we need to keep our heads screwed on straight and not throw our logical tools a critical reasoning skills out the window.

Agreed 100%, and corresponds with my opinions on the manual as well.

SMETNA
05-08-12, 15:31
The very first thing everyone should read is section 2.39 and 2.40 (applicability to US Citizens on US Soil).

While I am not ready to say that this is a pernicious document, when viewed in conjunction with some of the troubling aspects of NDAA as well the recent EO giving the President total control over all means of production, all food, all water, all transportation systems, even in peacetime - yeah, this document makes one at least raise an eyebrow.

My thoughts also. By itself, not all that unnerving. Taken in a group with the aforementioned and other usurpations and power plays, then yes, I am and will continue to be on alert. Condition orange.

History tells us free man should always question that which could infringe on said freedom. This doc could use a redline revision.

Don't tread on me...

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Every man who is able may have a gun.” –Patrick Henry, During Virginia’s ratification convention, 1788

That's right. We remain in the "long train of abuses" phase where we must try every day to regain control of government peaceably. All the while, they make their plans to apply force to us, to destroy us. We'd be foolish not to discuss a response.

Caeser25
05-08-12, 16:18
My thoughts also. By itself, not all that unnerving. Taken in a group with the aforementioned and other usurpations and power plays, then yes, I am and will continue to be on alert. Condition orange.

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Every man who is able may have a gun.” –Patrick Henry, During Virginia’s ratification convention, 1788

That's right. We remain in the "long train of abuses" phase where we must try every day to regain control of government peaceably. All the while, they make their plans to apply force to us, to destroy us. We'd be foolish not to discuss a response.

That's the key, when added together with ndaa etc., and the other pieces of the puzzle and how it's used can be changed at any time like the patriot act and al Qaeda to cispa and ordinary Americans, raises eyebrows.