PDA

View Full Version : The rifle that started my sickness

USMC88-93
01-08-08, 14:09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/USMCbookpic.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/Usmdbook2.jpg

pearson
01-08-08, 14:30
thank you for serving. i wish i had planned better and joined the armed forces before going to school.

Buck
01-08-08, 15:55
I was in 3117...

RGT
01-08-08, 17:44
San Diego, June '67, Plt 2003, 0311.

BTW. We trained and qualified with the M14. M16 training came later.

Semper Fi.

The_Biased_Observer
01-08-08, 20:37
How much would ya give to have that rifle back right now? I imagine it would have some sort of value beyond just being a well used training rifle eh?

USMC03
01-08-08, 22:23
I was enjoying the sun kissed beaches and beautiful island girls at Parris Island in the summer of 1990. (Plt 3102)

Oh how I miss the extra attention I received on the Quarter Deck, the after lights out foot locker PT, and the Island Hopping Campain from sand pit to sand pit (did I metion how much I love sand fee's) :D

Semper Fi,
Jeff

markm
01-09-08, 08:34
(did I metion how much I love sand fee's) :D

Did they ever make you give one a proper burial? I talked to a guy who said if the DIs caught you slapping one, they'd make you give it a burial.

ZGXtreme
01-10-08, 05:19
Did they ever make you give one a proper burial? I talked to a guy who said if the DIs caught you slapping one, they'd make you give it a burial.

While we weren't in recruit training and were in the Fleet, we held a funeral for a Tarantula we accidentally killed at the Assault Course/Range between SOI and Horno, maybe past Horno I don't remember.

We were on the high ground to the right of the range with the 240 in the middle of the night waiting on the rush monkeys to start when someone stepped on one of those monsterous spiders. We figured if we showed respect and buried it with a grave stone we wouldn't get fined since every damn animal is "protected" on camp lol. Was rather entertaining at 2 in the morning. The dumb things LCpl's do when they haven't slept in twenty hours. Ah... that was the life.

Would have loved to see a D.I. do the Sand Flea funeral but alas I am a Hollywood Marine... we were just made to stare at the planes at the airport and run after them as they took off down the runway if you were caught watching them wishing you were on one lol.

markm
01-10-08, 10:37
I love hearing those MCRD and Parris Island stories from Marines. :D