PDA

View Full Version : Blackout 51T - Noob Question

skywalkrNCSU
05-06-12, 14:41
I am looking at getting a flash hider for both my AR-10 and AR-15 and have heard good things about the AAC Blackout. I feel like a complete noob asking this but does that flash hider simply screw on to the end of the muzzle? I am not looking to permanently attach something and I assume you can screw it on but was getting confused when looking at AAC's website.

Thanks.

Iraqgunz
05-06-12, 15:06
Generally speaking these types of flash hiders are also used as suppressor mounts.

Not sure why you wouldn't want it to be permanent, but in any case for proper installation you need to use shims, apply some torque and in most cases Rocksett.

Why don't you tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

Stickman
05-06-12, 15:57
I am looking at getting a flash hider for both my AR-10 and AR-15 and have heard good things about the AAC Blackout. I feel like a complete noob asking this but does that flash hider simply screw on to the end of the muzzle? I am not looking to permanently attach something and I assume you can screw it on but was getting confused when looking at AAC's website.

Thanks.

Not much point in getting the 51T unless you have plans for a 51 tooth can to go along with it.

skywalkrNCSU
05-06-12, 16:40
OK, I guess it isn't the 51T that I want, I am looking for the blackout flash hider for my AR-10 and AR-15.

The AR-15 one doesn't confuse me it is finding one for the AR-10 that does. On the AR-10 FAQ posting over at AR15.com it says the threads on most AR-10's is 5/8-24 and when I select the non-mount 7.62 flash hider from AA's website it says it is 1/2x28. The 51T however, has one that is 5/8-24 and says it is for an AR-10.

What I meant by not wanting it to be permanent is I want to screw it on like the current flash hider on my gun is.

jpmuscle
05-06-12, 19:06
OK, I guess it isn't the 51T that I want, I am looking for the blackout flash hider for my AR-10 and AR-15.

The AR-15 one doesn't confuse me it is finding one for the AR-10 that does. On the AR-10 FAQ posting over at AR15.com it says the threads on most AR-10's is 5/8-24 and when I select the non-mount 7.62 flash hider from AA's website it says it is 1/2x28. The 51T however, has one that is 5/8-24 and says it is for an AR-10.

What I meant by not wanting it to be permanent is I want to screw it on like the current flash hider on my gun is.

So not permanent but removable? Short of having it pinned their all removable technically.

Per AACs website both the 5.56 and 7.62 non mount are 1/2x28tpi. May want to call and double check availability. But since your springing the cash why not opt for the can compatible mount while your at it? Also have you looked at the offerings from surefire by chance?

feedramp
05-06-12, 19:26
Not much point in getting the 51T unless you have plans for a 51 tooth can to go along with it.

What about the non-mount version of the Blackout FH? Is it not a very good FH such that if you're considering it, there are better non-suppressor-mountable FH options vs getting a non-mount Blackout?

skywalkrNCSU
05-06-12, 21:30
So not permanent but removable? Short of having it pinned their all removable technically.

Per AACs website both the 5.56 and 7.62 non mount are 1/2x28tpi. May want to call and double check availability. But since your springing the cash why not opt for the can compatible mount while your at it? Also have you looked at the offerings from surefire by chance?

Really, I am open to other flash hiders, just heard good things about this one. I don't really know which ones do a better job hiding the flash from just looking at the so would love to hear some more options that do a good job. These are going to be my end of times rifles so I might be shooting in the dark and want to limit my flash :p (in actuality I might be using it in low light conditions but mainly to knocking down some hogs)

bobsolla
05-06-12, 21:41
i personally would go with a battlecomp babc for the 308.it is a muzzle break ,but also does a great job with muzzle flash.it will tame the muzzle rise on the 308 along with flash.just my two cents!

Iraqgunz
05-07-12, 00:19
If you are not using a suppressor, get a Battle Comp for your AR's.

feedramp
05-07-12, 01:07
What if you want excellent flash suppression more than recoil compensation?

skywalkrNCSU
05-07-12, 08:28
What if you want excellent flash suppression more than recoil compensation?

This is what I would like to know

Stickman
05-07-12, 09:47
What about the non-mount version of the Blackout FH?

That works very well at killing flash.

skywalkrNCSU
05-07-12, 09:52
That works very well at killing flash.

Good deal.

Thanks all for the advice