PDA

View Full Version : Never stand in front of the Polish army

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-06-12, 16:43
Ok just board cruzing the net and ran accrossed this. The magic happens at the 12 sec point and the rest of the video is un related to the post topic. I'm also not sure what it is they are doing but dam its dumb you will see. The sick part is the guy hardly even flinches! I think I would have turned around and at least said WTF bro WTF.:nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=BWzU41YxFco&NR=1

Cagemonkey
05-06-12, 17:01
Thats a disciplined soldier. Pretty silly looking drill. You can see where all the jokes come from.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-06-12, 17:03
Thats a disciplined soldier. Pretty silly looking drill. You can see where all the jokes come from.

I wonder what the point of it was?

Eurodriver
05-06-12, 17:44
They're firing blanks.

Its a ceremonial "maneuver", similar to our 21 gun salute.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-06-12, 18:24
They're firing blanks.

Its a ceremonial "maneuver", similar to our 21 gun salute.

Oh so the guy did not realy allmost get his head shot off then. That clears it up. Thanks

3 AE
05-06-12, 18:57
Even though they're blanks, I'd still be turning around and going "WTF Stosh?" :lol:

ChicagoTex
05-06-12, 22:53
Uhm, I feel obligated to point out that many folks have been killed by blanks at near point blank range.

Looks near enough to me. If I was the guy in front who lost his hat, that moron would be getting a blanket party in the evening.

Sensei
05-06-12, 23:47
I'd be all over the ceremony commander for suggesting such an idiotic maneuver in the first place.

SteyrAUG
05-07-12, 01:37

Actually Pollack jokes have their origin in nazi Germany. As far as smarts go, the Poles were actually the first to crack German enigma codes and shared it with England.

But that still is a really stupid ****ing drill.

Belmont31R
05-07-12, 23:51
Ive seen this attributed to a half a dozen different military groups so far.

Yes Im half polish. ;)

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-08-12, 09:06
Ive seen this attributed to a half a dozen different military groups so far.

Yes Im half polish. ;)

The style of drill?

rojocorsa
05-09-12, 01:01
Actually Pollack jokes have their origin in nazi Germany. As far as smarts go, the Poles were actually the first to crack German enigma codes and shared it with England.

But that still is a really stupid ****ing drill.

I thought it was because a ship called the HMS Bulldog intercepted the U-110, which was not able to scuttle successfully? I vaguely remember reading something like that.

sboza
05-09-12, 01:14
Gotta give it to the chick at 1:09. Maybe not the best SA prior but damn good reflexes getting out of the way of that moron. That's about as close as you can come to being road kill and live to talk about it.

SteyrAUG
05-09-12, 02:13
I thought it was because a ship called the HMS Bulldog intercepted the U-110, which was not able to scuttle successfully? I vaguely remember reading something like that.

There were several versions of Enigma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine

In December 1932, the Polish Cipher Bureau first broke Germany's military Enigma ciphers. Five weeks before the outbreak of World War II, on 25 July 1939, in Warsaw, they presented their Enigma-decryption techniques and equipment to French and British military intelligence.

SteyrAUG
05-09-12, 02:19
Gotta give it to the chick at 1:09. Maybe not the best SA prior but damn good reflexes getting out of the way of that moron. That's about as close as you can come to being road kill and live to talk about it.

I don't think her SA was bad so much as she just slipped in the mud. She seemed very aware she needed to be up and out of the way which suggests she probably saw the car before she slipped.

DragonDoc
05-09-12, 04:52
Ok just board cruzing the net and ran accrossed this. The magic happens at the 12 sec point and the rest of the video is un related to the post topic. I'm also not sure what it is they are doing but dam its dumb you will see. The sick part is the guy hardly even flinches! I think I would have turned around and at least said WTF bro WTF.:nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=BWzU41YxFco&NR=1

See this is why I always try to be in the 4th squad or last squad. There is no one to your back so you can focus on what is in front of you.

DireWulf
05-09-12, 08:41
It doesn't really matter what country these troops are from. There's a ton of videos on the web of American soldiers performing equally stupid actions.

I worked with the Polish GROM Task Force 49 in Afghanistan and I will tell you that those guys are no joke. They were part of HVT operations in both Iraq and Afghanistan. They were teamed with SEALS in extended maritime operations in the Gulf during OIF. They seized oil facilities and conducted interdiction operations. Part of why they were selected for that mission is that they were one of only a few coalition special operations units that could execute underway night boarding operations. Which, again is no joke and not an easy skill set to come by. I spent a lot of time with these guys and I'd have no qualms about having one of them next to me in a bad place. They're good to go.