PDA

View Full Version : GPI Guns? Good, Bad, Ugly?

hozer
05-07-12, 14:50
Anyone out there have any experience with GPI Guns in Jacksonville Florida?

krisjon
05-07-12, 15:56
Never heard of them. Seem like just another assembler.

Judging by some of their prices, parts choices and "Zombie Slayer" lower, they probably wouldn't garner serious consideration by a lot of people on here. I'd venture there with some caution.

hozer
05-07-12, 17:05
I agree. Just trying to do some homework on their reputation.

Suwannee Tim
05-08-12, 05:43
I know them but not well. The owner is Israeli who I am told was some sort of operator back home. He knows guns and he knows machines and machine work. They do an interesting modification where they add a right side charging handle (http://www.gpicustomgunworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=239) to most any AR. The rationale explained to me was to enable the operator to charge the rifle without taking his eye off the target as a SWAT shooter might. The gun remains DI and retains the usual charging handle. They are not "just another assembler" as they have and know how to use a good variety of machine tools and do a considerable gunsmithing business. Some might disagree with their taste in firearms but they seem pretty credible to me. Their web site shimmers with tacticool but that's not the impression I get from the owner Lee Firpo. He comes off as no nonsense and the real deal. Lee has a son who is pretty flaky, I suspect the web site is more a reflection of the son than the father. I have been auditioning local gunshops to find a next generation FFL, these guys are at the top of my list.