PDA

View Full Version : Need some measurements for 40mm casings/ barrels

Reagans Rascals
05-07-12, 18:14
Really need some dimensions for 40mm grenade casings or 203/79 tubes... If anyone could measure one and throw the numbers up it would be much appreciated as there is no definitive source available online....

I am creating a model in Solidworks of a 203 design and I need the exact measurements of the casings or the chambers/bores... they are not exactly 40mm.

Specifically the exact outside diameter of the hull itself, then the diameter and thickness of the case rim and the step down from the hull to the rim, or the bore I.D, rifling I.D., I.D. and length of 203/79 chambers.

I have looked around a few different places and manuals but have only come up with conflicting numbers....

some places say the o.d. of the hull is 1 5/8" some say its 1.620" exactly, some places say 203 rifling is .020" deep and has a twist rate of 1/48... however another manual states that a bore guide of 1.606" is to pass freely through the barrel of the M79 or M203... if that is correct then the inside diameter of the rifling is to be greater than 1.606" and therefore the bore size must be at least 1.646" to provide .02" groove depth... which means the diameter for the case must be larger than 1.620" or 1 5/8"

any help would be appreciated...

thanks again in advance

keller
05-11-12, 20:41
Check Grog's board. That guy is like Mr. 40mm.