PDA

View Full Version : Modular mag carrier

Guns-up.50
05-08-12, 11:57
I have a Raven double mag carrier for glock 9/40 right side carry (left handed) rounds pointing forward standard cut 2" belt

Heres the sit, the carrier first is great, and works good for g17 mags. When doing reloads my hand hits the mags perfectly.

My problem is I use a G19 for most everthting( carry comps and range) and the g19 mags are shorter making it difficult to grip the mags in the correct spot. making the reloads a little off. (there isnt as much mag sticking out of the carrier to grip)

Is there anyone who has had similar problems and fixed it or am I stuck doing awkard reloads

I know I can use my G17 mags but was wondering about the G19 mags

Thanks

Failure2Stop
05-08-12, 12:10
My favorite belt kydex pistol pouches are the Ready Tac, carried by SKD and CPWSA. They hold the mag at the right height (G19, G17, P30) and are efficient in size and cost.
Highly recommended.

Guns-up.50
05-08-12, 14:48
My favorite belt kydex pistol pouches are the Ready Tac, carried by SKD and CPWSA. They hold the mag at the right height (G19, G17, P30) and are efficient in size and cost.
Highly recommended.

Thanks, doenst sound like a bad idea I didnt see any doubles? do you just run more than one single?

TomMcC
05-08-12, 16:02
You could try to put something in the mag pouch to raise the mags an inch. I've used cut to size stiff packing foam for this purpose. When needed it can be easily removed. The only alternative that I can think of was stated above....new mag pouches.

Guns-up.50
05-09-12, 15:59
[QUOTE=TomMcC;1301999]You could try to put something in the mag pouch to raise the mags an inch. I've used cut to size stiff packing foam for this purpose. When needed it can be easily removed. The only alternative that I can think of was stated above....new mag pouches.[/QUOt

Thanks i did think of this but will not work due to the fact RCS carriers retain mags at the mag release cut outs. This will not allow the mag to seat full therefore will not secure in the carriers.

SmokeJumper
05-09-12, 16:40
If you are looking at the ready tactical from SKD another similar option is the mag carriers from Kytex Shooting Gear.
http://www.kytexgear.com/
Very similar design, but will work on a 1.75 inch belt if you need that, the Ready Tactical is 1.5 inch sized. Just another option

Guns-up.50
05-10-12, 15:14
Thanks checked them out look very similar to the ready tac.
There is a specific model for the compact mags (19) does this have a shorter pocket so the mags stick our further?