PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's Customer Service

thehun
05-08-12, 17:23
Just want to say hats off to Magpul and their customer service.

I noticed a crack below the feed lip. This mag had over 5,000rds go thru it...started to have misfeed issues. Never had to use Magpul's warranty so I called them up, due to a friend telling me to try and call them.

Needless to say, I called them and told them I dont know if this is covered under warranty or not..but the rep said no worries....we'll send you a new one and send back the old one...paid shipping label included...WOW amazing

Just want to say..this kind of warranty is hard to come by

richdkim77
05-08-12, 17:28
Kudos to Magpul, but after 5000k rounds, I personally would have probably trashed it and not given it a second thought.

Vgex2
05-08-12, 17:30
I have only dealt with Magpul's CS once. Smooth as butter.

thehun
05-08-12, 17:31
Kudos to Magpul, but after 5000k rounds, I personally would have probably trashed it and not given it a second though.

Agreed...but it never gave me an issue so didnt bother replacing :nono:

Quiet Riot
05-08-12, 18:11
I bought a new PMAG from a LGS in town, and when I opened the package, I noticed the dust cover had a broken tab and wouldn't lock on the mag. I emailed Magpul, and they sent me a three-pack of dust covers that arrived two days later.

That's small, but it's a real example of good CS.

trlcavscout
05-08-12, 19:47
That is good to know i have never had to deal with them. I do have a new unused pmag that is cracked i will have to contact them.

ache_d
05-08-12, 19:49
Is that even worth the trouble? For both parties...

Butter
05-08-12, 19:55
It might be worth it for Magpul for QC purposes.

skullworks
05-08-12, 20:20
Is that even worth the trouble? For both parties...
You read this thread, didn't you? Good customer service is good business - and good marketing. What many companies fail to realize is that you earn the big money from repeat customers; and if you handle any complaints the way Magpul, Dillon Precision, and others do, then you will get customer loyalty.

A company can make the best thing since sliced bread, but if their Customer Service Department are being dicks word will spread; "Yeah, sure they make a nice product, but watch out if you ever run into any problems..."

Beat Trash
05-08-12, 20:35
A company can make the best thing since sliced bread, but if their Customer Service Department are being dicks word will spread; "Yeah, sure they make a nice product, but watch out if you ever run into any problems..."

Bad customer service spreads, good customer service doesn't often get the attention it deserves.

I'v had one experience with MagPul's customer service. They went far beyond what I expected. No BS, just a, "Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Let's take care of that for you." By doing so, they have earned my customer loyalty. Surefire is another example. A brand new x300 lasted about 90 rds before the switch died. Their advertised "No BS Policy" is just that. No BS, just a "Sorry about that, what's your address?"

The willingness to stand behind your product after the sale, no matter how good the product is important to me. Any company can have an issue with one of their products. But good customer service breads customer loyalty. Customer loyalty means repeat business. It's not rocket science...

Apparently they haven't figured this out in Austria. This is why I'm not in a hurry to buy another Glock 9mm at this time...

Heavy Metal
05-08-12, 20:40
Kudos to Magpul, but after 5000k rounds, I personally would have probably trashed it and not given it a second thought.

I guarentee you they were grateful to get it back. That kind of feedback is invaluable toward there onging QA/QC improvement efforts.

It was more than just being good guys, that magazine represents a very valuable piece of data for them.

richdkim77
05-08-12, 20:42
I guess I was seeing it more from a disposable item view. Pmags are what $11 to $12? If one shits, I'll just grab another. Mags wear out and my first inclination is not to return it... but I do see your point.

mjkeat
05-08-12, 21:05
My experience w/ their CS was great as well. I called looking for information as to where I could purchase a replacement nut for a MBUS. I explained that I had misplaced it, was 100% at fault, and wasn't calling for any handouts. They still requested my info. A couple of days later there was a new nut and bolt in the mailbox.

Maybe I'm cheap but $1-$2 bought them a loyal customer.

!Nvasi0n
05-08-12, 21:10
You know what, maybe magpul's warranty conditions are unconditional because they know that they will have a dedicated customer for life.

It's not like any of us are just going to keep recycling the same mag. I buy ~2/month to continuously add to my ammo pile. If one of them screws up, be it hard use or normal use...and they are willing to honor their product, then i'll buy even more! Way to go Magpul!

GrumpyM4
05-08-12, 23:17
Try doing that with any of the Al USGI magazine manufacturers.

At 5k rounds, I would have considered it value well used and simply bought a new one to help keep them in business.

Beat Trash
05-09-12, 09:52
My experience w/ their CS was great as well.

Maybe I'm cheap but $1-$2 bought them a loyal customer.

When you think of how much money a company will spend in advertising just to attract a customer base, your $2 nut is really smart business actually.

MagPul earned my repeat business after having to deal with their CS.

Surefire is the same. Their promoted "No Bull Shit Policy" is just that. You get a "Hmm, sorry about that, what's your address?"

thehun
05-09-12, 22:49
Bad customer service spreads, good customer service doesn't often get the attention it deserves.

I'v had one experience with MagPul's customer service. They went far beyond what I expected. No BS, just a, "Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Let's take care of that for you." By doing so, they have earned my customer loyalty. Surefire is another example. A brand new x300 lasted about 90 rds before the switch died. Their advertised "No BS Policy" is just that. No BS, just a "Sorry about that, what's your address?"

The willingness to stand behind your product after the sale, no matter how good the product is important to me. Any company can have an issue with one of their products. But good customer service breads customer loyalty. Customer loyalty means repeat business. It's not rocket science...

Apparently they haven't figured this out in Austria. This is why I'm not in a hurry to buy another Glock 9mm at this time...

Agreed...good customer service almost never gets a thread..so I thought Magpul deserve this..because honestly..if they would have told me, it has over 5,000 rds that norm...I would have said ok no biggie...but they didnt even mention that...that is whats amazing

VIP3R 237
05-09-12, 23:31
I bought a ACS stock at a gun show and while the box said milspec the stock inside was commercial. unfortunately the show was over and the dealer had moved on, so I decided to give magpul a call and they shipped back mine and replaced it with a milspec model. Im sold on magpul to say the least.
I have also had excellent service from troy industries, vortex optics, and spikes tactical.
it's amazing what some good customer service does in the long run, and from working in retail setting for 8 years I know more than some about how good or bad customer service can affect your reputation with future customers.

SHULTZ
05-10-12, 22:13
I also had a recent experience with Magpul's CS that turned out better than I had expected. I dug out a spare ASAP plate last week to find that I had misplaced/lost those two small "locking keys". I contacted Magpul and they had new ones shipped to me, free of charge the same day.

A+ for Magpul.

motorolahamm
05-11-12, 07:26
I was having some feed issues with a couple of there 30 pmags a couple years ago. And to me there customer service sucked they would not do anything. so while i was on the phone with him i just cancelled my whole order. oh well cant win them all

smitty704
05-12-12, 21:17
Wow! That's impressive on Magpuls part! That's how you keep loyal customers.

gatorfan605
05-13-12, 09:28
Hmmmm. I just sent some mags back to them the other day. No problems with CS...just new mags.

Danoam
05-13-12, 19:45
When I'm researching a product before purchasing, I look on forums for threads just like this. It's just not about getting a great product, I also want to support a certain kind of company. Magpul is just that kind of company. I've never had to deal with their CS and may never need to but its good to know that they stand behind their products 100 percent.

If I didn't already own plenty of Magpul gear, I would certainly be a future customer.