PDA

View Full Version : New Favorite Show: Archer!!

WillBrink
05-08-12, 17:38
Just watched the entire first season of Archer. Have any of you seen this adult cartoon? OMG!!!!!:D:D:D

If you like rude politically incorrect humor, you'll "get" Archer big time. Below is an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9x6KApzgtjU#!

WARNING: NSFW

Zhurdan
05-08-12, 17:41
Welcome to 2009 Will. :D

I also love that show. Even got my wife to like it.

WillBrink
05-08-12, 17:47
Welcome to 2009 Will. :D

I also love that show. Even got my wife to like it.

And why didn't someone tell me??!!! Best TV in a looooooooooong time. Only a cartoon could get away with that. Seasons 2 and 3 in coming!

Zhurdan
05-08-12, 17:50
And why didn't someone tell me??!!! Best TV in a looooooooooong time. Only a cartoon could get away with that. Seasons 2 and 3 in coming!

PHRASING!!!! (that may not be funny until after you watch season 2)

Gutshot John
05-08-12, 18:00
You are now one of the afflicted...

My wife is also a devotee.

Lana..Lana...LANNNNNAAAAHHHH!!!!

WillBrink
05-08-12, 18:10
You are now one of the afflicted...

My wife is also a devotee.

Lana..Lana...LANNNNNAAAAHHHH!!!!

I blame YOU all for not telling me. The cool thing about "Lana" is the person who plays her, I have had a crush on forever and stunning. It's rare the actress who plays some bombshell happens to be one. Give Iasha Tyler some more muscles and you have "Lana"

http://www.ccdblog.com/2011/06/proof-that-there-is-god-aisha-tyler.html

LHS
05-08-12, 18:47
Oh yeah, Archer is one of the best shows around. The first two seasons are on instant Netflix. Watch them. Now.

I missed some of the third season, and am patiently waiting for them to hit Netflix and/or DVD.

deadlyfire
05-08-12, 18:55
here here!

I don't mind how many times Archer is brought up. It's an awesome show!

davidjinks
05-08-12, 19:04
I killed season 1&2 over the last 2 weeks...

Awesome!!!

one
05-09-12, 00:06
One of my absolute favorites!

LHS
05-09-12, 00:56
"I'm sorry, were you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized at Fort Kickass."

"He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part, is that he's learning..."

"Mmmm... battered corpse..."

Krieger has some of the best lines in the show, along with Pam in the second season.

Rider79
05-09-12, 02:36
And why didn't someone tell me??!!!

I know, it's not like we already had a thread about it or anything.

Oh wait...:jester:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77368

DragonDoc
05-09-12, 05:16
Archer is an instant classic in my book. We have been passing the bootleg DVD collection around all year. I love the dialogue. Where else can you get banter like this?

Sterling: Do not wind her up: that is a big gun and she is baby crazy.
Lana: Baby crazy?!
Sterling: That's why I dumped her.
Lana: You little, you sack of shit. I dumped you because you're dragging around a 35-year-old umbilical cord!
Sterling: See, all you talk about is baby shit, because you're baby crazy!

BrigandTwoFour
05-09-12, 09:56
The rampage episode was the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

Other favorite highlights:

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my own AWESOMENESS!"

"You could drown a toddler in my panties"

SHIVAN
05-09-12, 09:59
Funny story...my last name is Archer. So it's on my Sordins.

A respected member here asked me if I did that because of the show, he didn't know my last name. I had never heard of the show until he told me.

Now I love it!!

Jer
05-09-12, 10:03
We've only been talking about this openly for about three years now.

QuietShootr
05-09-12, 10:35
I blame YOU all for not telling me. The cool thing about "Lana" is the person who plays her, I have had a crush on forever and stunning. It's rare the actress who plays some bombshell happens to be one. Give Iasha Tyler some more muscles and you have "Lana"

http://www.ccdblog.com/2011/06/proof-that-there-is-god-aisha-tyler.html

It's spelled "Aisha", and back off, bitch, I saw her first.

WillBrink
05-09-12, 10:44
It's spelled "Aisha", and back off, bitch, I saw her first.

Fell for her when she was Ross's GF on Friends. Bet I saw her first!

Moose-Knuckle
05-09-12, 18:44
Yes Lana has been my avatar for some time now here on M4C, I get quit a lot of PMs about her! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/433.gif http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/lieb24.gif

QuietShootr
05-09-12, 19:03
I was shooting an MG-42 a couple of weeks ago and I thought to myself, "THIS MUST BE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!!!"

Nobody around would have gotten it though.

05-09-12, 20:57
I was shooting an MG-42 a couple of weeks ago and I thought to myself, "THIS MUST BE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!!!"

You mean coming real fast?:p

Kfgk14
05-09-12, 23:06
Hilarity. I absolutely lost it for the last few minutes.

sammage
05-10-12, 11:45
One of my favorite shows of all time.

"Can it be fired with an erection?"

"What is it, the Alabama of Europe?"

WillBrink
05-11-12, 18:17
2/3 through season II. Archer gets breast cancer???!!! Wow, that was really dark stuff. Not what I was expecting. Pretty damn deep for a cartoon. Nip Tuck meets The Simpsons...

LHS
05-11-12, 18:20
2/3 through season II. Archer gets breast cancer???!!! Wow, that was really dark stuff. Not what I was expecting. Pretty damn deep for a cartoon. Nip Tuck meets The Simpsons...

Just wait till the next episode, "Placebo Effect". One of the most hilarious 20 minutes ever made.

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

WillBrink
05-11-12, 18:46
Just wait till the next episode, "Placebo Effect". One of the most hilarious 20 minutes ever made.

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

hilarious as in "ha ha" or as in "so dark and twisted you can't stop watching it" like those breast cancer episodes I just watched? :eek:

LHS
05-11-12, 20:46
hilarious as in "ha ha" or as in "so dark and twisted you can't stop watching it" like those breast cancer episodes I just watched? :eek:

Oh, if you've watched both breast cancer episodes, then you've seen it. "Placebo Effect" was the second, wherein Archer discovers his chemo drugs have been replaced with sugar pills and intravenous Zima by the Irish mob, and goes on a rampage while filming a documentary to correct this imbalance.

Also, why can't it be both "ha ha" and "so dark and twisted you can't stop watching it"?

"Turn it on. I can do both."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaP4vJvUImg

WillBrink
05-12-12, 09:08
Oh, if you've watched both breast cancer episodes, then you've seen it. "Placebo Effect" was the second, wherein Archer discovers his chemo drugs have been replaced with sugar pills and intravenous Zima by the Irish mob, and goes on a rampage while filming a documentary to correct this imbalance.

Saw it, hence those comments. Wow, that was dark stuff.

Also, why can't it be both "ha ha" and "so dark and twisted you can't stop watching it"?

Actually, it was both. I have not laughed out loud at a show in years.

"Cry havoc and let slip the hogs of war"

Man was that funny. Some great writers on that show.

BTW, if anyone watches "Bob's Burgers" On Fox usually after Simpson's same guy does "Bob's" voice. Seeing as I watched Bob's Burgers first, that's who I keep seeing when Archer speaks.

Messes me up... :help:

LHS
05-12-12, 09:16
"Dogs of war."

"Whatever farm animals of war, Lana..."