PDA

View Full Version : SGT Julia Bringloe Distinguished Flying Cross..

a0cake
05-09-12, 15:27
Here is her story:

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-army-medevac-pilot-rescued-more-than-a-dozen-soldiers-during-a-deadly-60-hour-mission-2012-5

Here is some footage from OPN Hammerdown that gives you a sense of what she was dealing with. 25th ID has received some criticism for this operation (which some of you may have heard so that's why I mention it), but it needs to be kept in mind that Hammerdown was undertaken in June 2011...this was less than one month after my former unit was relieved in place by the guys in this video. They got dropped into a Hornet's nest before they were even fully acclimated to the terrain. So let's forego the criticism and focus on this Medic's achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjKDJgrenQ

3 AE
05-09-12, 16:13
A Number 1 tough cookie regardless of gender. Her flight crew were just as tight. The downside of the story is the logistics failure in not providing sufficient medevac support. If her crew had gone done, there would have been a lot more casualties.

B Cart
05-09-12, 17:07
She sounds like an awesome woman, and pretty cool under pressure. That is tough as hell to keep going back in under heavy fire with a broken leg. I agree that her flight crew crew were just as courageous. Glad they made it out ok.

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-09-12, 18:56
Very cool! Awsome to see the flight medics getting there just do.

SeriousStudent
05-09-12, 19:21
What an extraordinary Soldier! I am so glad to read that her herioism was recognized. As others have said, I hope the rest of the crew also received notice.

And prayers sent for the fallen warriors, whom they could not save.

Moose-Knuckle
05-09-12, 20:53
Good on her!

CarlosDJackal
05-10-12, 12:12
Megaforce if I ever heard of one. Kudos to her and the other members of the MEDEVAC crew for their professionalism and courage under fire.

theblackknight
05-12-12, 00:38
DUSTOFF will always rate beers from me.