PDA

View Full Version : surefire Kroma. what do you think about them

pearson
01-09-08, 06:39
i was at the store the other day and i ran in to a surefire kroma on sale about 50% off. normally i cant pass up a good deal but i wanted to hear how they are and if any one else has one.

John

Robb Jensen
01-09-08, 07:56
Expensive and we've had to send a few back for repair.

SinnFéinM1911
01-09-08, 09:28
I have a couple, and no probs. Not to say, there isnt any. I was all the functions on most get it for looks and they dont know why one setting doesnt work.. (IR).. lol :p

UVvis
01-09-08, 12:45
I played with one for a while. Being a Surefire you know it is a good light and Surefire will take care of you.

I didn't really like this light. The blue LED's are neat, but not something I have ever found useful. The RED led's with hi/low power are pretty slick, and the two settings of white are nice. I didn't much care for the dimensions of this light, as the bezel end seemed very large. I also found switching the light's settings to be somewhat cumbersome. Then again, I'm not really a fan of their U2 light either.

I was hoping it would be more like a LED version of their A2 Aviator lights, which would be about ideal to me.

Mereel
02-18-08, 12:33
I got one and use it for topo maps with the different colors and highlighters to marks route and make night landnav a cinch. The green is great for not messing up your night vision when you cant find the lock on a door you know.. Very handy light so far.