PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Safes

pnaples92
05-09-12, 19:02
First off I wasn't sure where to ask this question but I have only owned a gun for about 7 months now so I am still kind of new the the world of firearms. That is the reason I decided to ask this question here sorry if it is in the wrong spot.

I was recently looking at buying a safe for the guns I managed to acquire in the last few months because I am leaving for basic training and I did not want to leave my investment laying under my bed or in a closet. So I bought a Cannon Patriot P45 and I was wanting to know if any one here has owned one or know someone that has one that could give me some basic info on them as this from what have found is a discontinued model and not much is listed about them. The place I bought it from had it on sale and they could not really tell me a whole bunch about it.

any info on this safe or any other cannon safe would be great. Also what other stuff if any should I buy for the safe?

Thanks,
Patrick

SteveS
06-10-12, 20:11
A decent quality safe makes it harder for a thief to get you property. I have a Cannon safe since 1985. Cannons are low end but it is fine. I also have a top end safe as well and it is way better.

SpeedRacer
06-10-12, 23:06
I have a different model Cannon 24-gun safe with no complaints. They are good safes for the money.

As for the Patriot 45, this is all I could find:

SKU P45
Weight 746.00 lbs
Bolt Diameter 1"
Dimensions 72"H x 40"W x 24"D
Fire Rating 30 Minutes at 1200ºF
Handle 3 Spoke
Standard Lock Electronic
U.L. Listed Residential Security Container
Door Thickness 1" Steel Composite Door
Maximum Gun Capacity 36

Deansafe.com also has a video on their site/Youtube about the Patriot 45, but it doesn't offer much other than the dude showing the inside and talking about how big it is.

ryr8828
06-11-12, 04:44
I have 2 and they're ok. The felt will eventually come loose from the barrel rests though and it's irritating.