PDA

View Full Version : URX II removal

restfortheweary
05-10-12, 06:58
Any one know of a gunsmith, in the ATL metro area, who can remove a URX II. Thanks in advance.

MontePR
05-10-12, 07:03
Try calling David's gun room and ask to speak to Rusty he's the gunsmith. Or call Travis at Cherokee Coin and pawn. They should point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

E-man930
05-10-12, 11:19
How soon do you need it removed?

restfortheweary
05-12-12, 04:29
Not really in a rush. I just don't like the length and want to trade it out. I know there are places I can ship it to, but I would prefer to walk it somewhere and have it removed. I could do it myself, if the wrench wasn't made of unobtainium.

E-man930
05-12-12, 08:11
Wrench prices have come down to reasonable (for KAC stuff anyways) prices. I have been contemplating picking one up now that I have a KAC upper. If I could end up helping local guys with their URX projects that would be a bonus to me. I will post here once I have the wrench and vice block.

restfortheweary
05-12-12, 09:03
I appreciate your willingness to help the local firearms community. After searching for a suitable replacement for my 9" AAC upper, I might end up keeping the urx. I can't find a worthwhile 8" hand guard and 9" won't allow my SDN-6 to mount. Oh well.

E-man930
05-13-12, 09:05
Either way I should have the tools shortly.
What's the clearance like between the SDN-6 and the front of the URX rail on your 9" AAC upper? I just test fit my SDN-6 on my Block III upper this past Friday and I have about 1/16" of clearance. I'm thinking a 9" or 12.5" 300BLK upper is next on the WTB list. If I pick up the 12.5" I will have the barrel cut down to 11.5" to replicate the same length and feel of my SBR KAC upper.