PDA

View Full Version : Mixed up trigger parts (USGI)

davidjinks
05-10-12, 09:06
I have 4 USGI trigger groups taken from 3 Colt LE6920 and 1 LMT Defender that got mixed up.

I replaced the original FCGs with new, SD-C, FCGs. Originally I had put the FCGs into their own individual bags marked with the rifles serial number and set them aside for spares (I later took them out of their bags). For whatever reason, the parts bin took a dump and all the parts became one jumbled pile.

Am I going to have any issues using the FCGs as spares because they got mixed up?

One FCG is unfired for sure, the others have around 2k on them or so.

C4IGrant
05-10-12, 09:13
I have 4 USGI trigger groups taken from 3 Colt LE6920 and 1 LMT Defender that got mixed up.

I replaced the original FCGs with new, SD-C, FCGs. Originally I had put the FCGs into their own individual bags marked with the rifles serial number and set them aside for spares (I later took them out of their bags). For whatever reason, the parts bin took a dump and all the parts became one jumbled pile.

Am I going to have any issues using the FCGs as spares because they got mixed up?

One FCG is unfired for sure, the others have around 2k on them or so.

No issues.

C4

davidjinks
05-10-12, 09:15
Thank you sir.

Sticks
05-13-12, 07:58
If you did have any concerns, look at the wear marks on the mating parts, and you should be able to match them up.

Ramone
05-13-12, 08:55
If you did have any concerns, look at the wear marks on the mating parts, and you should be able to match them up.

I'd try to match them for just that reason- if they have 2k rounds on them, they should be broken in nicely. They *should* all work fine mixed and matched, though.

BUBBAGUNS
05-14-12, 18:26
I did something similar awhile ago. I didn't have any issues.