PDA

View Full Version : Knights 200-600m micro sight real or fake

motorolahamm
05-10-12, 11:07
I had seen a thread on this the otherday but cannot find it now.

JR TACTICAL
05-10-12, 14:50
I think they might be fake. I was just given two of these by a friend of mine that are USMC marked and they are just like the other ones I have seen, They are marked USMC but with no white color fill also above the USMC there is the knight's helmet and KAC stamped on it as well.

krisjon
05-10-12, 15:29
Just looking at the poor quality of the casting on the base should say a lot.

The real KACs I've seen aren't that pitted/grainy and have a much more uniform black coating. Might be the lighting with the camera, but there's a lot of bronze coming through underneath.

Looks like an airsoft knock-off to me.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-10-12, 15:48
I have 2 sets micro and standard and the cross bolts on mine are flat heads not allen also I never seen one imbossed with a logo like USMC. Might be wrong but thats just my personal experience.

cop1211
05-10-12, 16:29
I've got 4 of those all of mine have the hex head.

2 have the USMC 2 do not.

3 came sealed in the bag with the KAC card.

Mine have the KAC mark and helmet.

motorolahamm
05-11-12, 07:29
this one has no kac mark or knights helment. these were sealed in a bag with lac card aswell. wish we could get Kevin.B to post in on this or i wish Kac would put out a counterfit warning on there web site to help protect the consumer. and show the differances between the real and fake.

motorolahamm
05-11-12, 09:14
I think they might be fake. I was just given two of these by a friend of mine that are USMC marked and they are just like the other ones I have seen, They are marked USMC but with no white color fill also above the USMC there is the knight's helmet and KAC stamped on it as well.

this one seems to be just engraved the quality on the other USMC marked sights seem to be better.

VIP3R 237
05-11-12, 09:43
I actually am the OP on the other thread and my sight looks exactly like the one in your photos.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99577

motorolahamm
05-11-12, 15:43
I actually am the OP on the other thread and my sight looks exactly like the one in your photos.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99577

Copy that,thanks for the link to your post i was looking for that , but yet nobody knows for sure real or fake. the hex head thing is what has me. I am use to seeing flat head.

krisjon
05-11-12, 16:06
I'd contact Knight's and send them a pic to confirm/get a solid answer.

I see and hear about a lot of stolen stuff changing hands from being around MCB/Camp Pendleton, but there's also rise in counterfeit merchandise from gun shows, etc.

These companies and/or their supply chains would like to know this kind of stuff.

In the case of some recent Magpul fakes, I've heard of them replacing people who were duped with free, real replacements.

Worth a shot...

VIP3R 237
05-11-12, 17:30
Copy that,thanks for the link to your post i was looking for that , but yet nobody knows for sure real or fake. the hex head thing is what has me. I am use to seeing flat head.

Ill try calling kac monday and see what they say.

motorolahamm
05-11-12, 18:24
Here is a Couple more pics. I did find a place where it says KAC and took a pick of the the packaging it came in.

SRT
05-11-12, 23:07
I never noticed the roads being that rough around either base when I was in, but there have always been problems with things inexplicably falling off trucks around Camp Pendleton and Camp Lejeune.

I read on one of the forums a while back that the Marine Corps purchased a quantity of KAC 200-600m rear sights which were marked USMC. I'd hazard a guess that the USMC marked sights now for sale are the same ones "missing" from the trucks.

Kevin B., what say you?

Semper Fi,

SRT

Iraqgunz
05-12-12, 04:14
I did some checking on these and the consensus is that they are real. I have seen some close up and they seem very solid. There are multiple parties selling them on eBay at the moment- most are located near USMC bases.

motorolahamm
05-12-12, 09:04
Well thats Good for me but. i HATE knowing that they are most likley Stolen U.S. Govt property :mad:

SRT
05-12-12, 09:54
Well thats Good for me but. i HATE knowing that they are most likley Stolen U.S. Govt property :mad:

I also HATE the fact that these sights were intended for use by deserving, ground pounding grunts in harm's way who will never realize the benefit of them. IMHO, that's the real tragedy.

Semper Fi, to some, apparently means nothing!

Stay safe,

SRT

motorolahamm
05-12-12, 14:13
I also HATE the fact that these sights were intended for use by deserving, ground pounding grunts in harm's way who will never realize the benefit of them. IMHO, that's the real tragedy.

Semper Fi, to some, apparently means nothing!

Stay safe,

SRT

I agree there 110%

krisjon
05-12-12, 14:58
All the equipment that isn't really accounted for/traced ends up finding legs in short order.

Seems like whenever guys get back to Pendleton, I start seeing and hearing about deals on issued lights and tons of other gear. It pisses me off because it's so rampant.

The supply chain needs some serious Quick Clot to stop all the gear bleeding.

Canonshooter
05-13-12, 06:49
Just as a point of reference, here is a photo of a new 200-600 BUIS that I purchased direct from KAC's online store last week;

http://www.canonshooter.com/photos2/kac200600-1.jpg

djmorris
05-13-12, 14:43
They are both legit. The newer issued USMC ones are the ones seen in the OP. I had a pair of these. They say KAC on the side. Again, both variations are legit Knights Armament 200-600m Micro BUIS. They are excellent quality and very easy to tell that it's genuine Knight's just from holding them. Where do people come up with this "they're airsoft ripoffs!" crap? You cannot find these on any of the Airsoft websites, look for yourself. Most likely stolen .gov property either way, but definitely genuine Knight's. Don't worry, no fakes here.

motorolahamm
05-15-12, 06:16
Ill try calling kac monday and see what they say.

Were you able to contact them?

VIP3R 237
05-15-12, 10:58
Were you able to contact them?

Yes I called knight yesterday and the lady said they do not see very many copies, especially of the USMC branded micros. However there is ongoing investigations on these sights and they are more than likely stolen gov property, however if you have a legitimate sales receipt you should be fine. I emailed the pictures off to her and hopefully i will hear from her today or tomorrow. i also sent url links to this thread and mine.

motorolahamm
05-17-12, 07:06
Yes I called knight yesterday and the lady said they do not see very many copies, especially of the USMC branded micros. However there is ongoing investigations on these sights and they are more than likely stolen gov property, however if you have a legitimate sales receipt you should be fine. I emailed the pictures off to her and hopefully i will hear from her today or tomorrow. i also sent url links to this thread and mine.

Good maybe we will Hear from them soon.

militarymoron
05-17-12, 08:17
Where do people come up with this "they're airsoft ripoffs!" crap?

because it happens very often.

krisjon
05-17-12, 17:17
Where do people come up with this "they're airsoft ripoffs!" crap? You cannot find these on any of the Airsoft websites, look for yourself.

Just ask companies no one has ever heard before like: Magpul, Eotech, Daniel Defense and LaRue if there are widespread counterfeiting of their products. Why is it sound hard not to imagine KAC joining that group?

motorolahamm
05-18-12, 06:50
I am not saying by any means that they may not be airsoft crap ripoffs because i have seen them before. but there is alot of stolen USMC marked sights out there right now. we are just trying to confirm are they ripoffs or U.S. Govt Contract sights. The main goal is to protect the consumer that may not know that these are stolen or ripoffs from buying them. Because nobody wants to be ripped off its just happening way to much and its one less U.S. soldier that does not have a sight on his rifle when these are bought on various auctions. Thats the part that makes me Pissed off is knowing that OUR front line guys do not have these .

Brian Brazier
07-04-12, 17:22
I had no idea the one I bought was possibly stolen, I also perchased one from ebay marked USMC, I assumed it was overstock.

post tensioned
07-05-12, 17:55
KAC has posted publicly on this subject many times, mainly on TOS, that any BUIS with USMC markings are stolen gov property as none are sold commercially.

Brian Brazier
07-05-12, 22:24
KAC has posted publicly on this subject many times, mainly on TOS, that any BUIS with USMC markings are stolen gov property as none are sold commercially.

Before I bought mine I never heard of them being stolen government property, I am in no way happy about buying the sight now that I know its stolen. I am not familiar with TOS, what does that stand?

VIP3R 237
07-06-12, 16:55
Before I bought mine I never heard of them being stolen government property, I am in no way happy about buying the sight now that I know its stolen. I am not familiar with TOS, what does that stand?

If you have a sales receipt you should be fine.

TOS (The Other Site) or (b)arfcom is what most members like to call ar15.com

Brian Brazier
07-06-12, 17:14
Thanks, I am not a member there, and never saw the warnings. I do have a recipt, and I contacted Knights, it might be stolen or it might be a retired soldier who decided to sell it, there is no way to tell the difference. I contacted the ebay seller and he assured me he is retired USMC, but who knows. For now I will use and enjoy it, evnthough it was a little upsetting to find out it may have been stolen.

JBecker 72
07-06-12, 17:36
WHAT THE ****?

I bought 2 of these recently off ebay and both are USMC marked. I am extremely pissed about it now for 2 reasons. First reason is I tried to buy these from KAC's website beforehand, but was denied because KAC does not sell to CA residents. Second reason I am pissed is because the seller I bought from (San Diego Surplus) took the pictures and either doctored them, or lit them in a way the USMC marking wasn't visible, but the helmet and KAC markings were.

I partially blame KAC for my situation, I tried to buy directly from them, and I tried to buy from their so called "California retailers" however it wasn't possible due to their own dumbass policies regarding CA laws.

post tensioned
07-06-12, 17:59
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_381/215190_More_stolen_sights_on_eBay_.html&page=1

By the second page it starts to get informative.

Bottom line, all are stolen, and they cannot be legally sold via surplus.

Brian Brazier
07-06-12, 18:00
I was pissed at first to, but unless you knowingly bought a stolen sight how were you to. There is no way to tell which are stolen, and which are not, just because it says USMC on it doesnt me it was for sure stolen. Its a messed up situation, I hope they findout where they are disappearing from, and prosecute the offenders

Email I received from June Wetherbee at Knights

Good morning Brian,

You could have a legitimate sale or have stolen USMC property. It is hard to determine from Ebay or Amazon on what is what since you do see retired military personnel selling their items at their descretion. There are many knock offs as well but we can not validate what is sold on Ebay/Amazon or sites such as these. We understand your concern and it has been made aware to us as well as authorities of stole US Govt property being sold but I am unsure as to what lengths legal action is being done to any one individual.

If you have doubts best bet is to contact the seller or Ebay themselves and see if anyone has reported that seller for any fraudulant activities.

Regards, June W.

merder inc
07-22-12, 10:06
I'm in the parts business and we use some sourcing websites to find vendors overseas. There are literally thousands of companies in Asia that make fake Magpul, LMT, LaRue, Troy, DD, Knight, Trijicon, Aimpoint and any other company that you can think of's products. Most come without packing and are easily spotted, others come with copied packaging and even are tagged made in USA. While a lot of it is very cheap looking, some of the better companies have their sh*t together and copy every detail. Many only require a minimum of 1 or 5-10 and offer free shipping to the states. The optics and red dots are fairly easy to spot as copies. Not sure how they get away with importing product tagged USA made only that it doesn't matter to Chin Chong Industries (what we call the copycats at my work). Ebay and gunshow shoppers be ware.

I'm sure sellers cannot resist. I was able to find Magpul sight sets for $8, PRS stocks for $70, Troy sight sets for $25 and Surefire foregrips for $75, all with free shipping and an order requirement of 1.

JBecker 72
07-22-12, 13:40
I'm in the parts business and we use some sourcing websites to find vendors overseas. There are literally thousands of companies in Asia that make fake Magpul, LMT, LaRue, Troy, DD, Knight, Trijicon, Aimpoint and any other company that you can think of's products. Most come without packing and are easily spotted, others come with copied packaging and even are tagged made in USA. While a lot of it is very cheap looking, some of the better companies have their sh*t together and copy every detail. Many only require a minimum of 1 or 5-10 and offer free shipping to the states. The optics and red dots are fairly easy to spot as copies. Not sure how they get away with importing product tagged USA made only that it doesn't matter to Chin Chong Industries (what we call the copycats at my work). Ebay and gunshow shoppers be ware.

I'm sure sellers cannot resist. I was able to find Magpul sight sets for $8, PRS stocks for $70, Troy sight sets for $25 and Surefire foregrips for $75, all with free shipping and an order requirement of 1.

These aren't fakes, they are stolen US government property.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

merder inc
07-22-12, 17:27
These aren't fakes, they are stolen US government property.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure they are. Just making comments on the OP of possibly being fake. Some of the fakes are indistinguishable from OE product.

I live pretty close to Crane NSWC and some things used to walk out of there such as barrel blanks, etc. that didn't work out for their applications. It seems to have been very limited since 9/11 however.