PDA

View Full Version : Larue PredatOBR? or what?

rsxr22
05-10-12, 15:35
Hey guys,
Looking to get a new rifle. I am thinking 14.5 pinned and Im leaning towards the Larue. I have a SR15 MD Edition and Scar16 and Im just looking to add a little variety. The players in the game are BCM, DD, Larue, KAC, and Noveske. For the $ it looks like I am getting the most with the Larue. There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of talk around here about them so what are peoples opinions?

Tzook
05-10-12, 15:44
Larue makes super high quality stuff, you certainly can't go wrong with it. Pretty damn sexy looking rifle too

Brahmzy
05-10-12, 16:11
Nice rifle, nice choice.

Make sure you NEED the "OBR" part of that rifle though.

The 20MOA rail can be a PITA to get cheek weld and if it's a 14.5, why do you need the 20 MOA rail? That's for big scopes/long range.

The medium contour barrel, is well medium contour. It heavier than the PredatAR light barrel profile, and if it's a 14.5, why do you need the medium contour barrel?

Some folks are reporting half-MOA out of the lightweight PredatAR's (good enough for me.)

If it was my 14.5, I'd get the PredatAR. But that's just me.
Talk about a lightweight, ass-kicker with precision.

EDIT: Ok, my bad - the PredatOBR doesn't have the 20MOA rail - just the OBR. Looks like it's got the OBR's heavy barrel however, which on a 14.5 doesn't make much sense to me, but the PredatAR only comes in 16 & 18, so go figure.

EITHER way, LaRue rifles kickass. Good choice and pretty much ignore most of my above post, LOL.

cop1211
05-10-12, 16:15
See above.

Iraqgunz
05-10-12, 17:08
There are dozens if not hundreds of what should I buy thereads. Please take the time and do some reading.