PDA

View Full Version : Sling Pressure on SOPMOD Stock

BushmasterFanBoy
01-09-08, 11:52
I've been wondering lately what kind of long term effects, if any, might be found on stocks that are used to mount slings through a hole in the stock. (like the BFG Vickers Sling) I've had mine on my carbine in this manner for some time, and was wondering if it would eventually make my SOPMOD as loose and wobbly as the M4 6-pos it replaced.:confused:

mark5pt56
01-09-08, 12:08
I think alot of things would need to happen in order for you to warp the stock. High heat, excessive torgue and even stupidity. For you to place that much stress on it, it would be so uncomfortable for you and possibly injure your neck and/or shoulder. The only thing I could possibly see is if you had a small surface area that held the swivel on. That may cause stress and pull the head through. If your are attaching it via the sling looping through or 550 cord, highly unlikely.

No worries:cool:

toddackerman
01-09-08, 14:06
I've been wondering lately what kind of long term effects, if any, might be found on stocks that are used to mount slings through a hole in the stock. (like the BFG Vickers Sling) I've had mine on my carbine in this manner for some time, and was wondering if it would eventually make my SOPMOD as loose and wobbly as the M4 6-pos it replaced.:confused:

I think your stock would be OK, but if it concerns you, you might want to try mounting at the receiver plate with a Daniel Defense QD sling attachment. I've tried both mounting methods and prefer the receiver mount.

Erick Gelhaus
01-09-08, 18:58
Based on very limited experience with three carbine set up this way, I do not see it being an issue.