PDA

View Full Version : NFA Items are like Iphones

justlikeanyoneelse
05-10-12, 21:58
Plan on buying the AAC Ti-RANT 45S, however anyone in the NFA game can tell you by the time you actually get it, there is a good chance that a new improved version will be available. I do not want to buy then wait for the Ti-RANT only for AAC to unveil a new improved can, so was wondering has anyone heard some inside information about AAC working on a new improved version? One last thing, I really don't care for the "improvements are minimal and the Ti-rant is fine"...NFA items wise I want the most up to date.

Thanks all!

cj5_dude
05-10-12, 22:54
Well AAC just released a few new cans at SHOT this year and none were an improvement on the Ti-Rant 45. Are they working on a better 45 pistol can? Probably most likely. I'd guess any major player in pistol cans is constantly trying to improve the design.

But from the mouth of current silencer makers, the next leaps in technology won't be in sound but in weight and size. The likelyhood of new 45 silencers getting much quieter is slim in the near future.

The Ti-Rant 45S isn't hearing safe dry but you get less length and weight. So are you wanting quiet or are you wanting small right now?

If the Ti-Rant is what you want buy it because nothing else is coming out any time soon that'll make it obsolete. But eventually something will come out but something else will always follow. So you can either wait forever for something new and improved which will become obsolete itself sometime or just buy what you like now.

glocktogo
05-10-12, 23:42
It's just part of the game. When I bought my Evo-9, it was top shelf. Now there are several cans that outperform it, including user serviceable ones. Does that make my Evo obsolete? Not in the slightest. It's still wicked quiet, particularly when I shoot a few hits of a nasal atomizer in it before the 1st shot.

My next can will probably be a TiRant .45, or a compact .30 cal can for .300 BLK.

BCmJUnKie
05-11-12, 00:00
I watched a documentary on technology that included cell phones and computers, it covered this exact subject....

How you buy a product, and the "New Improved" version comes out right after.

It was talking about technology being 18 months ahead.

If you see something you really want....jjust wait.

I got an iPad II for Xmas, the iPad III is about to be released now.

PS3, Flatscreen TVs, LCD then LED.

I bought a LCD a couple years back for around $700, the LED was around $2,500....now they are CHEAPER than what I bout for a LESSER one.

If you really want that phone, just wait 6 months, the NEW one will be on its way out and the one you want will drop in price.

Its ironic also, I read last week how the average cellphone life is 18 months hahahaha

Vgex2
05-11-12, 00:11
Reminded me of this Best Buy Commercial (http://youtu.be/Ufw2D8oMJ64). Lol.

justlikeanyoneelse
05-11-12, 03:20
The Ti-Rant 45S isn't hearing safe dry but you get less length and weight. So are you wanting quiet or are you wanting small right now?

Just wanting small, If I had to take someone out...not that I ever would ha. The larger Ti-rant is much better in performance but its wayyy to long for me.

hahaha that best buy commercial is hilarious! If only suppressors had a buy back program :sarcastic:

NFA is one tough game.

deadlyfire
05-11-12, 04:55
if you were able to get your product in a timely matter rather than a minimum 6 month wait. I don't think this would really be an issue.

Jason F
05-11-12, 09:14
if you were able to get your product in a timely matter rather than a minimum 6 month wait. I don't think this would really be an issue.

AMEN!!!

It's stupid, but that's one reason I haven't bought anything NFA yet (though I've admittedly got a lengthy NFA wishlist!). But I don't have a ton of extra scratch for gun stuff... and shelling out a bunch of cash and having nothing to show for it for at least 6 months?! Makes me just want to buy ammo I can shoot now or another gun, etc....

deadlyfire
05-11-12, 09:25
AMEN!!!

It's stupid, but that's one reason I haven't bought anything NFA yet (though I've admittedly got a lengthy NFA wishlist!). But I don't have a ton of extra scratch for gun stuff... and shelling out a bunch of cash and having nothing to show for it for at least 6 months?! Makes me just want to buy ammo I can shoot now or another gun, etc....

If I could hazard a guess I'd say this is akin to the pistol waiting period.
If we can wait 6 months to a year for our super dangerous suppressor or our hyper velocity short barrel rifle I guess we have a lesser chance of being crazy.

ggp2jz
05-11-12, 09:33
If you always wait for the newest and greatest youll never have anything. Just get one you like and enjoy it.

g5m
05-11-12, 11:41
If you always wait for the newest and greatest youll never have anything. Just get one you like and enjoy it.

As above.

darr3239
05-11-12, 12:08

Yep, this is it exactly. Some folks always have to have the so called latest/greatest. Usually they have a lot of disposable income and want to be above everyone else in their own minds. That's the entire point of the Best Buy commercial. Get as many people as possible to blindly believe if they don't get the newest, then what they have is crap. Mass marketing, to the non-thinkers, at it's best.

The problem is, many of these latest/greatest items end up not being so, and end up with issues, when fully tested by the masses. It's funny though, the guys who had to be first in line just keep ticking, just like nothing happened.

justlikeanyoneelse
05-11-12, 16:59

Like all nfa lovers I really wish this wasn't an issue.

Yea I ordered the ti-rant s, time to spend a lot of time on nfa time calculator ha

Brahmzy
05-12-12, 08:20
Yeah, the wait really sucks. I've got to submit 2 more F1's and I've been dragging my feet because it's such a PITA. All I'm doing is making the wait longer. I thought 3 1/2 months was a long wait for my last one - 6 months is ridiculous.