PDA

View Full Version : Is It Crazy To Like A Standard AR Trigger?

killjoythedestroyer
05-10-12, 22:47
I am sure that this topic has been covered many times over, but to get a fresh perspective from members here would be a great help.

I have a standard PSA LPK that to me feels like a decent usable trigger. But the more I read and study the latest and greatest triggers on the market, the more I feel like I don't know what I am talking about.:confused: I read all these great reviews of "my awesome new trigger" and how much better it makes the user's shooting experience. As if it gives them powers they never new they had. I get envious and feel like I am missing out on something. I have used great triggers in other firearms. Just never an AR.

My question is: how good are these "new and improved" trigger systems in general and how do they apply to a seasoned shooter? Can they make a great shooter perform even better? Or are buyers just overwhelmed with the thought of how cool their new trigger looks and how it will sound when they tell people about it?

I almost want to drop $300 just out of curiosity. But then I talk myself out of it. Almost think it would be wiser to buy ammo instead.

Would love some input on the subject from some members as to what or if a new trigger has done anything for your shooting enjoyment.

Iraqgunz
05-10-12, 22:59
We have had plenty of discussion about triggers lately in the now closed USGI Triggers thread, and the ALG Defense Trigger thread.