PDA

View Full Version : M&P Mag Issues

Adam556
05-11-12, 00:44
Just shot my first USPSA match with my M&P9. A couple issues occurred.

#1- Gen2 mag- With a round chambered the slide was almost locked back completely but tried to pull another round forward. Never seen a double feed like this. The round was still completely seated in the mag.

#2- Gen4 mag- I had a FTFeed, couldn't rack the slide, had to rip the mag out, meanwhile about 6-7 rounds fell out of the magwell. The remaining rounds were stuck down in the mag, leaving the top 1/2 of the mag empty. Slapped the mag on the table and the rounds popped back up.

I've thrown them into the "range only" pile for now. I'd like to order 4 or 5 more. Anyone else have similair issues like this?

Odglock
05-11-12, 07:39
Just shot my first USPSA match with my M&P9. A couple issues occurred.

#1- Gen2 mag- With a round chambered the slide was almost locked back completely but tried to pull another round forward. Never seen a double feed like this. The round was still completely seated in the mag.

#2- Gen4 mag- I had a FTFeed, couldn't rack the slide, had to rip the mag out, meanwhile about 6-7 rounds fell out of the magwell. The remaining rounds were stuck down in the mag, leaving the top 1/2 of the mag empty. Slapped the mag on the table and the rounds popped back up.

I've thrown them into the "range only" pile for now. I'd like to order 4 or 5 more. Anyone else have similair issues like this?

I've had issue 2 with 14 rd .45 mags. Follower got stuck halfway down the mag.

C4IGrant
05-11-12, 08:53
Never seen those issues with 9mm mags. Did you modify them in anyway or take them apart (for say cleaning)??

C4

Adam556
05-11-12, 09:28
Nope, ran them straight out of the packaging.

05-11-12, 11:14
I have run into your 2nd problem a few times while at a USPSA match. Most of the time I am dropping my mags in the dirt/sand and it will get into the mag and lock up the follower. After running a stage I will clean a mags if it has been dropped in a sandy area. Normally after I load a mag, I shake it just to make sure the rounds are seated properly. If it rattles then I know something is wrong.

ShipWreck
05-11-12, 11:16
I have had 2 rounds get sandwiched up against each other in an HK USP magazine a few years ago. Sometimes it just happens...

maximus83
05-11-12, 11:20
I did a count and own like 20 M&P mags. Over 4+ years of shooting M&P's, I can't recall I've ever had a mag-related issue with anything 9mm.