PDA

View Full Version : .308 Compensator... Battlecomp?

rBenABen
05-11-12, 13:05
I just finished up a mega maten build, but still need a comp. While waiting for rainier 18" barrels to become available, they got some 16" selects in, so I picked one up with the thought that I could always swap it out later if I want.

So I'm looking for suggestions on compensators... Is the battle comp worth 2x most of the others?

rBenABen
05-11-12, 17:55
Sorry about the crappy pic.

Brahmzy
05-11-12, 18:34
What is the purpose of the rifle? 3Gun? Bench? Carry?

That will dictate what comp you need.

I've got the 308 BC on my MA-TEN. I bought it because it's a lightweight build that I hunt with. It has good compensation while not blowing mine and my hunting buddies eardrums out like other open comps do. The Battlecomp is a compromise between good compensation/sound/muzzle blast/flash hiding.

It is not the world's best comp - look to a SJC Titan for that.

That's why it all depends on YOUR purpose for your rifle. It's absolutely perfect for what I use my MA-TEN for.

If I built a high-precision, long range .308, I either wouldn't put a muzzle device on it at all, or I'd put a Titan or similar on it... NOT a BC.

rBenABen
05-11-12, 20:21
Typical 3-gun setup is what I'm after. Want something that is lightweight, relatively quiet, quick recovery, etc..

No plans for suppression.

Just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be looking at anything else...

Brahmzy
05-11-12, 22:48
Typical 3-gun setup is what I'm after. Want something that is lightweight, relatively quiet, quick recovery, etc..

No plans for suppression.

Just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be looking at anything else...

3Gun = Titan for 308. Most effective comp there is I believe (which is what you want for 3Gun (you don't care about others or yourself(hearing protection))).

Basenji
05-12-12, 14:08
Brahmzy, would you use BC for a "carry"/SHTF rifle? Sounds like it might fit the bill from your description.

Brahmzy
05-12-12, 15:22
Brahmzy, would you use BC for a "carry"/SHTF rifle? Sounds like it might fit the bill from your description.

Yep - absolutely. Decent comp that can be used without ear plugs. Not recommended obviously, but ya can't really use earplugs for hunting or SHTF'ing.. so.

A normal open brake on a 308 is significantly louder than the BC.

bobsolla
05-13-12, 23:49
i have a battlecomp 2.0 on my adcor defense bear elite piston upper and a babc on my custom neveske barreled 300 blackout both in 16"barrels and i`am more than pleased with them both!are they ever really worth what you pay?would i buy other`s for other builds?yes,but my build`s are mainly for recreational and shtf usage.for hunting i think i would have a 20" bull barrel.

Alaskapopo
05-14-12, 02:31
Yep - absolutely. Decent comp that can be used without ear plugs. Not recommended obviously, but ya can't really use earplugs for hunting or SHTF'ing.. so.

A normal open brake on a 308 is significantly louder than the BC.

The military uses ear pro for shit hits the fan and so do good hunters. Get some electronic ear pro.
Pat

d90king
05-14-12, 07:16
The BABC is an excellent comp/brake and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for your rifle. Yes, there might be slightly better brakes on the market but the BC is a great blend of a comp/brake.

It has been excellent on my LMT MWS and does a great job taming recoil on the carbine length gas system...

Singlestack Wonder
05-14-12, 08:26
Take a look at Primary Weapons Systems Comp/Flash Supressors. Doesn't add excessive weight to the front, yet does a tremendous job of reducing both rearward recoil and upward muzzle climb. The Battle Comp does nothing for rearward recoil control. While loud, the 16" 7.62x51 I had the PWS mounted on had barely more rearward recoil than a 5.56.

Here's a link: http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=37&idcategory=6

Singlestack Wonder
05-14-12, 08:27
The military uses ear pro for shit hits the fan and so do good hunters. Get some electronic ear pro.
Pat

+10. With today's electronic ear protection, why blow out your eardrums?

Brahmzy
05-14-12, 09:56
+10. With today's electronic ear protection, why blow out your eardrums?

Have you ever been hunting? When you and your buddy are whispering to each other to the point you can hear a pin drop, hearing protection is counterproductive.

I'm not talking practicing on a range - of course you wear hearing protection.

I need a comp that I can take 1 or 2 shots with, without hearing protection and ensure I'm not removing my own or my buddy's eardums. The BC does that. The PWC - no chance - I used that and while it's a decent comp, is louder than loud - an extremly loud, high-pitched crack, just like their 556 version.

QuietShootr
05-14-12, 10:05
Have you ever been hunting? When you and your buddy are whispering to each other to the point you can hear a pin drop, hearing protection is counterproductive.

Yup, I have - and wearing my Sordins, I can hear better than with nothing. A braked rifle will **** up your hearing.

wahoo95
05-14-12, 10:13
BABC or Dynacomp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Brahmzy
05-14-12, 10:14
Yup, I have - and wearing my Sordins, I can hear better than with nothing. A braked rifle will **** up your hearing.

I'll definitely try out some sordins then. Been round and round with my buddies (some have tried stuff like that) and they've all ended up doing without. I value my hearing very much, trust me, but have always heard (no pun intended) that the "modern" protection" "isn't quite there yet."

Any particular Sordin you can recommend to me? I'll definitely give it a shot.

Alaskapopo
05-14-12, 12:10

I'm not talking practicing on a range - of course you wear hearing protection.

I need a comp that I can take 1 or 2 shots with, without hearing protection and ensure I'm not removing my own or my buddy's eardums. The BC does that. The PWC - no chance - I used that and while it's a decent comp, is louder than loud - an extremly loud, high-pitched crack, just like their 556 version.

Have you ever tried electronic ear pro. You actually hear better than without the muffs until the gun fires. Yes you should hunt with ear pro and yes I have been hunting.
Pat

QuietShootr
05-14-12, 13:08
I'll definitely try out some sordins then. Been round and round with my buddies (some have tried stuff like that) and they've all ended up doing without. I value my hearing very much, trust me, but have always heard (no pun intended) that the "modern" protection" "isn't quite there yet."

Any particular Sordin you can recommend to me? I'll definitely give it a shot.

http://www.srstactical.com/communications/supreme-range-headsets.html

I have the Supreme Pro X.