PDA

View Full Version : Light for Walther PPQ?

SpookyPistolero
05-12-12, 09:53
Anyone know of a light that will cleanly fit the Walther PPQ? My TLR1 has a large gap between the light and trigger guard (though I've lost all the other keys). Does the x300 fit tightly?

I've searched the inter webs and can't find a great answer, even at walther forums.

tdoom15
05-15-12, 12:04
I filed down (used a razor and rough nail filer) the SW key in the TLR1 to fit the PPQ flushly against the trigger guard. Here is the link, you can see the tlr1 now fits nicely. You may however have to take a little bit off the trigger guard or the light switch to ensure that they dont make contact and cause the paddle to stick or have friction.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101901&highlight=gr+ppq+review

indawire
05-15-12, 21:58
My TLR-1s on the PPQ fits with about 1/8" between the light paddle and the trigger guard. This seems to work well for me as it puts the end of the paddle switches just inside the guard. No fitting was needed so I'm leaving well enough alone. What holster are you using? The choices are not as varied as for the more common handguns but the PPQ is a keeper IMO. :dance3:

SW-Shooter
05-16-12, 00:02
Maybe Raven Concealment Systems can whip something up.

B Cart
05-16-12, 10:36
I have a PPQ with a TLR-1s that fits fine without modifications. There is a very small gap between the trigger guard and the light, but not large enough to be problematic. I included a picture. Is the gap bigger than that?

And for holsters, I carry with the light in a holster made by Kaluban Cloak, and the fit is awesome. The Kaluban Cloak holsters are very similar to Raven Concealment, except the wait is MUCH shorter and I feel like the Kaluban holsters are more durable. I got mine about a week after I placed the order. Definitely worth looking into if you want to carry your PPQ with a light.

Here is a nice review done on the Kaluban holster next to a Raven Concealment holster.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2104576

indawire
05-16-12, 22:24
That's exactly what my TLR-1s looks like on the PPQ. Thanks for the heads up on the Kaluban holster and the link, going to give them a call.

MrTips
05-17-12, 10:36
Raven lists the PPQ with a TLR-1 (all variants) option for the light-compatible Phantoms. Worth looking into, given Raven's soft loop attachments, modularity, and customer service record.

X300 is a perfect fit on the PPQ with the universal key, btw.