PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26 Shooting Video

ptmccain
05-12-12, 13:24
Had a great range session with my Glock 26, and did a demo on the utility of the laser sighting system. I've had my Glock 26 for about a year now and the ONLY problems I've had with it are due to ammo. For some reason, when using the 30 round Glock magazines, it does not like Mexican ammo and will FTF properly, but again only when using Mexican stuff in the 30 rounders.

Check out the video, it was almost my first outdoor range session using my new video gear. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. See what you think:

http://youtu.be/yf2kuG9LnIs?hd=1

packinaglock
05-12-12, 19:24
Interesting, thanks.

JHC
05-12-12, 20:31
Production quality was excellent. The helmet cam or whatever they're called is very neat. Hollywood should use those more. ;)

Your Gen 4 G26 really runs eh? ;) I'm very impressed with mine too.

I've been avoiding the laser thing for so long but they sure do deliver the goods.

Thanks much!

ptmccain
05-12-12, 20:38
Production quality was excellent. The helmet cam or whatever they're called is very neat. Hollywood should use those more. ;) Your Gen 4 G26 really runs eh? ;) I'm very impressed with mine too. I've been avoiding the laser thing for so long but they sure do deliver the goods. Thanks much!

Hey, thanks brother, appreciate it. Let me let you in on a couple "secrets."

I served the US Navy as a photographer, while putting myself through college.

Here's the secret: get a camera that you can control, manually, and use a heavy duty tripod. I do not have a helmet cam, that was simply my Canon camcorder on a nice, beefy tripod.

Re. laser...I could not see the red dot when I was shooting at the reactive targets, I was about 25 yards away and simply using the iron sights on the Glock 26 but learned that my G26 prefers me to put the bullets where the "white dot" is when I'm aiming, the front post.

The laser dot was visible to me when I was close to the LEO target and could actually see it...and when I did, I simply was pulling the trigger whenever I could see the red dot on center mass or head.

Trust me on this, bro, if I can do this, anyone can.

:D

05-15-12, 01:40
OP, watch the video, and note that your support hand is barely making contact with the handgun at all. A considerable amount of the recoil mitigation in two-handed shooting comes from the support hand, via lots of contact with the handgun, and an aggressively cammed forward wrist. What you're doing there is essentially one-handed shooting (despite the fact that it *looks* like two handed shooting).

With a proper support hand/handgun interface, you'll also find that you don't need to constantly reaquire your grip like you do in that video.

While there's no substitute for competent, hands-on instruction, dropping $15 on Andy Stanford's 'Surgical Speed Shooting' provides a very basic, easy-to-read understanding into what your interface with the handgun should resemble (along with why it works). I guarantee that $15 spent on that book will provide MUCH more value to your training than $15 worth of more ammo to burn through.

Just something to think about.

ptmccain
05-15-12, 04:31
OP, watch the video, and note that your support hand is barely making contact with the handgun at all. A considerable amount of the recoil mitigation in two-handed shooting comes from the support hand, via lots of contact with the handgun, and an aggressively cammed forward wrist. What you're doing there is essentially one-handed shooting (despite the fact that it *looks* like two handed shooting).

With a proper support hand/handgun interface, you'll also find that you don't need to constantly reaquire your grip like you do in that video.

While there's no substitute for competent, hands-on instruction, dropping $15 on Andy Stanford's 'Surgical Speed Shooting' provides a very basic, easy-to-read understanding into what your interface with the handgun should resemble (along with why it works). I guarantee that $15 spent on that book will provide MUCH more value to your training than $15 worth of more ammo to burn through.

Just something to think about.

Thanks for your good comments. I do definitely recognize what you describe when I'm shooting the Glock 26.

Problem is my hands are quite large and the G26 pretty small in comparison.

But I did notice when watching the video that my support hand was not very "involved" ... I'll be working on that.

And thanks for the tip on the book...I'll have to pick that one up. In fact, I just did from Amazon: $9.23, free shipping.

:)