PDA

View Full Version : Gift for a friend, Need recommendations.

VLODPG
05-12-12, 22:33
I spoke with a friend of mine(we speak weekly)who moved out the west coast & he told me he had a gift he wants to send me but it needed to go to a FFL. He wouldn't tell me what it was, I would have to wait!

I stopped by my FFL on Friday & this is what was waiting for me.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mxws0.jpg

I have been blessed twice in 2 months by friends who have done things for me that I would never have expected & couldn't have afforded.

I only hope I am worthy!

Dwsmitht343
05-12-12, 23:23
Where do you find friends like that and can I get on his list? After doing a bunch of research and general poking around this forum I would say you have the beginnings of a beautiful weapon!

3 AE
05-12-12, 23:42
Be the godfather to his children.

DeltaSierra
05-13-12, 00:14
Wow!

Wish I had friends like that.... :D

Nice gift!

Grim Fandango
05-13-12, 00:20
Congrats, that's some friend you have! Luckily those gen 2 lowers are hard to come by here. I don't think I'd be able to resist if I saw one in person. I'm a little thrown off by the thread title. Are you asking for recommendations for a return gift? At the risk of having misinterpreted the intent of this thread, a nice barrel would be in roughly the same price range.

badness
05-13-12, 02:15
my god. My hate for you is somewhat slowly growing. :ph34r:

VLODPG
05-13-12, 05:21
Congrats, that's some friend you have! Luckily those gen 2 lowers are hard to come by here. I don't think I'd be able to resist if I saw one in person. I'm a little thrown off by the thread title. Are you asking for recommendations for a return gift? At the risk of having misinterpreted the intent of this thread, a nice barrel would be in roughly the same price range.

When he saw them he had to get them & thought I should have a set too!

I would like to get him something as a thank you but what to get is the question!

Sticks
05-13-12, 06:40
A $500 credit with Grant at G&R

Pay for a carbine class in his area and send him (only fair, he stuck you with getting a barrel, rail, LPK, and stock) may as well stick him with a 2k ammo buy.

Retiredbroke
05-13-12, 07:55
Now that's a good friend!!

gatorfan605
05-13-12, 09:06
Damn...I need some new friends.