PDA

View Full Version : Interested in the HK45C being available in FDE?

feedramp
05-13-12, 20:44
Looks like there's a drive on to have HK produce a run of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyB0X-fbjDY

Thought I'd pass that along in case some of you might be interested.

45C
05-13-12, 22:03
Thread on HKPRO: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/157602-possibility-group-buy-hk45c-tan.html

svtpwnz
05-14-12, 13:09
Thanks for posting the link. I will definitely get one of these!

F-Trooper05
05-14-12, 13:39
This is the same company that took 100 years to get the MR556 out to Americans, and that was a gun that was already in production. Good luck.

svtpwnz
05-14-12, 14:15
This is the same company that took 100 years to get the MR556 out to Americans, and that was a gun that was already in production. Good luck.

They can't be any worse than Colt with the SP901. That son of a bitch has turned out to be the bigfoot of the AR world.

HKGuns
05-14-12, 19:01

Whatever....

The USP's were available in alternative colors. I don't doubt HK will offer the 45's with colors for a short time as well.

Mate
05-16-12, 13:48
God bless you Jay for posting the link.

KalashniKEV
05-16-12, 14:32
I am interested in the HK45C being produced with a normal magazine release.

Pistol Shooter
05-16-12, 15:43

Don't hold your breath.

Maverick07
05-16-12, 15:56
I think the idea of an FDE frame is interesting but does not address the 45C's biggest flaw: The rail on the dust cover that cannot accept the most popular and effective tac lights (Surefire and TLR). I would rather see 45C frame dust cover modified like the P2000 before an FDE variant.

Mr. Goodtimes
05-16-12, 19:52

The paddle mag release is one of the big things that makes an HK an HK. The odds of finding a unicorn in a Walmart parking lot at 2am are greater than HK using a thumb mag release.

On topic, I'd like an urban grey P30 and HK45 compact.... now thats a possibility.

decodeddiesel
05-17-12, 11:49
I think the idea of an FDE frame is interesting but does not address the 45C's biggest flaw: The rail on the dust cover that cannot accept the most popular and effective tac lights (Surefire and TLR). I would rather see 45C frame dust cover modified like the P2000 before an FDE variant.

Here here.

KalashniKEV
05-17-12, 16:06
The paddle mag release is one of the big things that makes an HK an HK.

I know... but I count it as a major flaw. I don't personally have any issue with grip angles of different pistols, but I do believe controls can be "improper."

The mag release lever is all wrong.

With all the people out there offering to attack your Glock frame with a wood burning pen, I'm surprised there isn't anyone offering a mod to address this shortcoming.

TAZ
05-17-12, 17:23
With all the people out there offering to attack your Glock frame with a wood burning pen, I'm surprised there isn't anyone offering a mod to address this shortcoming.

I think it would take a bit more work to make the change from a paddle operated cantilever mag release design to a push button operated cantilever may release than a wood burning pencil. The end result could become the dreaded Glock ambi mag release offered with when the 21SF first came out. Bad idea. The mechanics of the 2 designs are very different.

I'd like to see an FDE HK45C but not before they figure out a way to make mags for less that $60 a pop. Give me a break. Who do they think I am the federal government or something. I can't afford $60 a pop for a disposable item.

badness
05-17-12, 17:53
I'd be all over it if it was in OD or Grey. Tan, not so much. It's funny, because I live in the commie state of Hawaii and there are a lot of people here that are so into the tan color.....however our environment here is exactly the opposite of a desert.

HKGuns
05-17-12, 18:58
I know... but I count it as a major flaw. I don't personally have any issue with grip angles of different pistols, but I do believe controls can be "improper."

The mag release lever is all wrong.

Then I'll have to say you've probably never used one beyond a range session or two. They are actually a lot more ergonomic than the push buttons you find on other pistols. I personally find anything without the paddle as something of a compromise in ergonomics and function.

E-man930
05-17-12, 19:36
I am going to care less if H&K makes colored frames available again; I will keep carrying / shooting my HK45C just the same.
Now if zee Germanz do a 180 and decide they screwed up by keeping the full size HK45/USP style trigger guard on the compact frame and go back to the P2000/USPC style guard to make more room for the rail I will happily sell off my HK45C and buy the newer version so I can use the damn rail. (Surefire X300) And while they are at it might as well update the mold for the freaking USP series and give them the same 1913 picatinny rail used on the P30/HK45 series.

bubba04
05-17-12, 20:29
To me I prefer the hk mag release. I find them faster, more natural and they do not change my grip at all to activate. Where as thumb release I do.

buckshot1220
05-17-12, 22:05

IIRC, I had a TLR1 mounted on my HK45C w/ the Glock piece for about 6 months. It stuck out a ways past the muzzle but didn't loosen or wobble.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-17-12, 22:11
1. Colors meh
2. Prefer HK release
3. Short rail sucks

Maverick07
05-18-12, 05:08
Not to hijack the thread but I recently sold off my HK45C for a USP 45 Compact. I found the trigger superior to the 45C and the grip surface preferable. Since the 45C has a rail as useless as the USP it was a bit of a no brainer for me. Now an FDE USP 45 Compact would be pretty nifty. Especially if it the frame was modified like a P2000.

Like HK gives a s**t...

68fan
09-17-12, 18:11
They're in the last two weeks of the group buy if you are interested.

Wolvee
09-17-12, 21:18

The Hk45c does have a standard rail and it does accepts current lights.

You're thinking about the USP's.

jwperry
09-17-12, 21:33
The Hk45c does have a standard rail and it does accepts current lights.

You're thinking about the USP's.

The rail is too short accept standard Surefire lights as well as the TLR1, M3 and Protocon; it is only long enough to accept the mini lights.

Wolvee
09-18-12, 00:41
The rail is too short accept standard Surefire lights as well as the TLR1, M3 and Protocon; it is only long enough to accept the mini lights.

Gotcha. I thought he was saying it was the same as the USP.

Isn't a short rail the same problem that most Compact handguns have?

The TLR-1 has changeable rail studs (for lack of a better word) and should still be compatible with the 45c.

http://x3e.xanga.com/0c8f620660133271913924/b216873200.jpg
http://x3a.xanga.com/a58f6a0a60133271913926/b216873202.jpg
http://xa6.xanga.com/17ff9402d7732271913928/w216873204.jpg
http://xd8.xanga.com/df0f960157132271913935/b216873209.jpg
thanks to Kchen986 for his pictures.

Magic_Salad0892
09-18-12, 05:09
I know... but I count it as a major flaw.

But it isn't.

Most people proficient with it (IE: Not stupid enough to try to use it with their ****ing THUMB.) can use it as fast (sometimes) faster than a standard JMB release.

The only magazine catch that I think is ''wrong'' is using the European heel type release.

That shit is retarded.

E-man930
09-18-12, 19:03
Word is that there will be a general release of the fde model without the group buy laser engraving.

Jupiter
09-18-12, 19:34
Tell us how you really feel E-man930!;)

I have a HK45 and HK45c. I would love to add a FDE version without the HKPro Laser engraving.

E-man930
09-18-12, 19:47
I guess I'm just angry with what that forum has become - it used to be so much better with good information; now it's just full of retard... Anyways just order a regular FDE HK45c though your local HK dealer.

d90king
09-18-12, 19:53
3. Short rail sucks

I love the pistol but this ^^^^^ is on the money. Hoping and praying for the SF Mini...

And no, not interested in the FDE.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-18-12, 20:07
I would consider having one as my sole handgun but for that stupid rail. Where is the short x300?

E-man930
09-18-12, 21:11
I would consider having one as my sole handgun but for that stupid rail. Where is the short x300?

I agree with you guys - but it's not so much a short rail as a long trigger guard. Had H&K kept the compact trigger guard the same as the USP 45c / P2000 / P30 pistols (but not the P2000sk - they really missed the whole point of the rail on it) then we would all be able to enjoy our X300s on the HK45c... Meanwhile my HK45c can't bring his little X300 buddy along with him sans some serious mods to the light.

68fan
09-20-12, 14:23
Word is that there will be a general release of the fde model without the group buy laser engraving.

What time frame for the general release?

d90king
09-20-12, 15:22
I agree with you guys - but it's not so much a short rail as a long trigger guard. Had H&K kept the compact trigger guard the same as the USP 45c / P2000 / P30 pistols (but not the P2000sk - they really missed the whole point of the rail on it) then we would all be able to enjoy our X300s on the HK45c... Meanwhile my HK45c can't bring his little X300 buddy along with him sans some serious mods to the light.

If I attached my X300 to my trigger guard, then I might tend to agree with you, however, I install my X300 on the rail, and in the case of the HK45C its simply too short for it to work.

We love the pistol, but it pisses us off that we can't use it as a primary carry gun without the ability to put a WML on it.

Defaultmp3
09-20-12, 18:08
If I attached my X300 to my trigger guard, then I might tend to agree with you, however, I install my X300 on the rail, and in the case of the HK45C its simply too short for it to work.

We love the pistol, but it pisses us off that we can't use it as a primary carry gun without the ability to put a WML on it.

I think the point that E-man930 was trying to make was that if the trigger guard was further back, the rail would be longer and you'd be able to fit the X300. After all, the P2000 is actually shorter in length than the HK45C.

Wolvee
09-20-12, 18:23
What time frame for the general release?

TMK, there is no talk of a full release of FDE. They will be releasing an OD & FDE for the Hk45. (fullsize) If they do decide to release the 45c in FDE it will be after 2014 sometime. The full size takes priority.

KalashniKEV
09-21-12, 10:43
Most people proficient with it (IE: Not stupid enough to try to use it with their ****ing THUMB.) can use it as fast (sometimes) faster than a standard JMB release.

...and I suppose it's some super protected Patent that keeps the other industry leaders from following suit and introducing their own lever actuated magazine releases.

(that and the fact that very few people are interested/ no one is asking for that)

It's been done before with other things- a single pedal for braking and acceleration, gas/brake on the steering wheel, etc...

If HK is all you ever know, or you simply prefer it, then bully for you, but I personally find standard controls to be superior in speed, ergos, and... control.

Most other people do too... as I imagine they would if you invented a slide release on the front face of the trigger guard, or some other "enhanced" gimmick.

montrala
09-21-12, 14:48
If HK is all you ever know, or you simply prefer it, then bully for you, but I personally find standard controls to be superior in speed, ergos, and... control.

I have opposite experience. Once one learn proper utilization of HK/Walther style magazine release, classic JMB design is slow, have poor ergo and offers less control. And HK is not only thing I know. It actually helps a little with button releases, if they can be switched to the other side, but generally paddles are just better.

Why other manufacturers do not go this way? People are used to old solution and too lazy to learn new ways. Exactly same reason why I use now non-egronomic and very slow "QWERTY" keyboard from XIX century era typewriters, instead of learning to use much better, computer era keyboard layouts. Pure inertia.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-22-12, 10:56
As usual, what Montrala said.